The Human Torch IS NOT BLACK.

TombRaider

I mean… really? :blink: I am sorry. I really respect the US and stuff, but I think America's obsession with race and with being politically correct has gone too far. I am not racist, but the human torch is not black. It´s a white character that should only be played by a white actor. What's next? An Asian Batman? A black Hulk? A Latino Thor? A Black Spiderman? I mean… jeez...

And what's worse is that those who can't or won't get it through their thick skulls that the human torch is not black pull the race card if you are against an African American playing a white character…. sigh...

Just like I've always complained when Jesus is played by white actors, because Jesus was not white, I complain about this… like a lot of people on Twitter and online forums.

:blink:

Edited by TombRaider

What's worse? The Human Torch being played by a black guy when he's been white all throughout the comics? Or the fact that his sister is still played by a white actress?

Michael_B._Jordan.jpg

The Human Torch, Johnny Storm

Kate_Mara_UNICEF_2012.jpg

His sister, The Invisible Woman, Susan Storm

Edited by luciusfunk

To be honest there's only a handful of characters that I can't see being changed and those are Spider-Man, Superman, batman, and the Wolverine but outside of that I could careless. Johnny Storm could be played by a black dude nothing wrong with that but also you got to see a comic film is like starting a new comic ark they can change things in order to make them their own (Christopher Nolan anyone?).

Even a year ago this would have pissed me off, but meh. I am against unnecessary PC when it is only there to be politically correct. Fuck that, in fact, I think that prolongs racism and segregation.

But sometimes if an actor is right for a part, what the hell? A lot of charecters were born in the 60s and before hand. Racism was more common so you don't see as many strong black charecters and such. So I guess for some roles this is ok, IF they are picked for their talent and not color. Of course, we have no way of knowing that so if a studio said "hey, lets make James Bond a gay, asian, black, autistic, transgender, jewish woman" just to do it for "diversity" there is a problem.

That is a bit of an extreme, but the point is- being politically correct just to alienate groups and for the sake of being politically correct is wrong. The less we think about race, the better. We are all just human beings, after all

Edited by ZoSoRose