Why Finck prefers NIN over GNR?

I don't always agree with Broski but thanks man for exposing the ignorance of DS once again. It's good to see how his arguments and points start changing and all he can do is try writing something clever ending with his trademark :shrugs:

"Nin is shit doesn't headlinez festivals Tommy is influential, I mean better IMO learn to read :shrugs: :shrugs: :shrugs: " - DS

• Like 1

Look, I am a huge NIN fan and Robin fan, but Pino was in NIN for like five seconds. He played on the last album and toured with NIN only during the fall tour, from September to November. Now he's done. That did not in any way influence Robin's decision to come back to NIN, so it's irrelevant.

Who gives a shit if Pino or Tommy is more relevant. I don't think anyone is in GN'R because they just *have* to work with Tommy, and certainly no one was in NIN because Pino was there. Pino was just dropped in NIN like a few days before the tour started in September.

The amount/size of festivals did not inflence his decision either. Who cares what festivals NIN or GN'R plays? They both play and headline festivals. Lots of them. NIN played/headlined quite a few last year. I went to one (Lollapalooza). Trent sometimes turns down festivals (in Australia this year, for example). I'm sure Axl has done the same.

Nobody knows the exact reason Robin chose NIN over GN'R, but there are a lot of good theories based on things Robin stated the first time he quit (frustration over music), the fact that NIN tours more than GN'R does, the fact that he is a fan favourite in NIN, the fact that Trent actually comes to rehearsals, the fact that NIN has more respect for their fans than GN'R did/does, the fact that GN'R wasn't active when Trent called Robin in 2008 and there was still no definite release date for Chinese Democracy, and the fact that Robin had wanted to go back to NIN in 2005 (as per a question Trent responded to on the old nin: access in 2005 when someone asked why Robin wasn't back), so he has never not wanted to be in NIN.

I agree with all of this. Damn Smooth is arguing irrelevant points.

Only thing I think you're mistaken about is that Robin wanted back in NIN in 2005. I believe it was the other way around. Trent asked Robin to rejoin the band and he declined.

That is what I'm referring to--Trent did ask Robin, but no, he didn't initially decline. I believe Trent said he spent three months trying to get Robin to decide whether or not he was on board, when asked by a user on nin.com (on the old "access" q&a) in 2005. When asked why Robin wasn't in the band, Trent said something along the lines of "Maybe, just maybe Robin DID want to rejoin Nine Inch Nails, but after three months of dicking us around he couldn't make up his mind so...". Obviously not an exact quote, but I read it many times over back in the day that it should be pretty close, and it's maddening that it's not archived anywhere that I can find (a lot of the old "access" posts were).

I've spent years trying to dig up the original answer (since Robin came back to NIN in 2008) but I can't find it. Maybe I'll try again, it pisses me off that I can't find it, hah. Trent took a couple jabs at Robin in interviews back then but that answer was the only time he actually gave some backstory into why he was actually mad at Robin (besides when he said Robin was getting paid to wait for Axl to do something, basically).

Edited by funny_fish

I don't always agree with Broski but thanks man for exposing the ignorance of DS once again. It's good to see how his arguments and points start changing and all he can do is try writing something clever ending with his trademark :shrugs:

"Nin is shit doesn't headlinez festivals Tommy is influential, I mean better IMO learn to read :shrugs: :shrugs: :shrugs: " - DS

How about you go ahead and try disputing something I said so you can fail like your hero. I've put you in your place each and every time before, always happy to do so again. :shrugs:

How about you go ahead and try disputing something I said so you can fail like your hero. I've put you in your place each and every time before, always happy to do so again. :shrugs:

Broski already did the "put you in your place" job just fine. I just came here to have a final laugh :shrugs:

Edit: To those saying NIN is a nostalgia touring band now:

"We've been looking forward to playing Australia since we got the band back together, and the fact that our schedules lined up and they were into it, and we have a chance to play with our friends Queens Of The Stone Age, it's a no brainer, we're super excited to do it."

Speaking with Matt and Alex on triple j, Reznor said punters can expect to see the band mixing things up on stage:

"We're down to a four piece band; we're playing different music that we haven't played in a while. It's got a different feel now. It's a more aggressive show."

Reznor explained each gig will be different - they'll be flipping a coin with QOTSA to decide who headlines, and varying up their setlist for each show:

"To keep it fresh every night, it's going to be a pretty radically different set. It feels much less rehearsed. I want to make sure that I always stay in a state of feeling a little uncomfortable and a little unsure - so it pushes me to try something new and not rest on laurels and feel too comfortable. " - via triple j

Edited by ProstituteComa
  • Like 1

Broski already did the "put you in your place" job just fine. I just came here to have a final laugh :shrugs:

Edit: To those saying NIN is a nostalgia touring band now:

"We've been looking forward to playing Australia since we got the band back together, and the fact that our schedules lined up and they were into it, and we have a chance to play with our friends Queens Of The Stone Age, it's a no brainer, we're super excited to do it."

Speaking with Matt and Alex on triple j, Reznor said punters can expect to see the band mixing things up on stage:

"We're down to a four piece band; we're playing different music that we haven't played in a while. It's got a different feel now. It's a more aggressive show."

Reznor explained each gig will be different - they'll be flipping a coin with QOTSA to decide who headlines, and varying up their setlist for each show:

"To keep it fresh every night, it's going to be a pretty radically different set. It feels much less rehearsed. I want to make sure that I always stay in a state of feeling a little uncomfortable and a little unsure - so it pushes me to try something new and not rest on laurels and feel too comfortable. " - via triple j

See Maynard, I already finished that. The problem with you is that you're nothing more than a cheerleader and a crybaby. In fact, you're the warchild of your group. Nobody wants you around, yet you slither back to whine and cry and cheer and defend. You don't have a single original thought of your own. Come back when you have something to contribute. I'll wait.

In NIN Robin got to play alongside David Bowie every night for an entire tour.

In GNR Robin got to play alongside Sebastian Bach.

I'm only pointing this out because hearing Damn Smooth attempt to convince all of us that Sebastian Bach is more talented and influential than David Bowie should be epic.

bowieNIN.jpg

Edited by Broskirose

I'm only pointing this out because hearing Damn Smooth attempt to convince all of us that Sebastian Bach is more talented and influential than David Bowie should be epic.

bowieNIN.jpg

David Bowie is a gay :shrugs: Trent lets Robin suck David onstage. Bach is more influential, I mean better, DONT YOU KNOW WHAT IMO MEANS? :shrugs::shrugs:

:lol:

Edited by ProstituteComa
  • Like 1

bowieNIN.jpg

Thank you for proving your retardation without me having to assist you this time. Lol Bach.

Is it funny because Biffy Clyro suck? I mean, they do, but if that's funny then why does it matter who headlines Reading & Leeds if shitty bands headline.

I mean, you have to give Trent some credit for actually trying to push forward as an artist and try new things. I think the only thing pushing Axl forward is like Beta pushing him out of bed before breakfast gets cold.

Edited by funny_fish

Is it funny because Biffy Clyro suck? I mean, they do, but if that's funny then why does it matter who headlines Reading & Leeds if shitty bands headline.

I mean, you have to give Trent some credit for actually trying to push forward as an artist and try new things. I think the only thing pushing Axl forward is like Beta pushing him out of bed before breakfast gets cold.

It's funny because of all of the relevency bullshit that broski is trying to push down throats. Who did Guns open for again? I don't have to give Trent credit for shit. If you wish to, do so on your own time.

I don't think Damn Smooth knows what "opened" means. Guy is about as ignorant as they come. I seriously think GNR is the only band he's ever listened to. :lol:

Biffy Clyro. :lol:

Dumbass.

Wut. Calm your tits already.

I think we can lock this one up.

Robin is currently touring the world playing sold out shows with varying setlists, arrangements, instruments and more talented musicians. His replacement is gearing up for a Las Vegas residency...

If you can't figure out why he prefers NIN, I don't know what to tell you.

• Like 1