New interview with Dj confirms that GNR intend to play new songs?

Guest NGOG

he's not a liar he's just like slash and most musicians/celebrities/politician's out there.

Why single out Slash? He has nothing to do with this thread.

Slash may be a liar when it comes to GNR stuff, but I'm yet to see him bullshitting his fanbase with stuff he never wrote, doesn't exist, etc.

Doubtful, but maybe they'll cook up some surprises but this is exactly what he said before the las vegas run and... a big barrel of nothing. As far as I'm concerned I'm not interested in GnR as a touring band at present. I need something more from a band if I'm going o be invested in them. I want them to be credible and to release music, if they don't play new music I'm not interested. They could come out and play locomotive and dead horse and that would be great! minor buzz, but at the end of the day we've heard those songs a million times (maybe not live but at home etc) they will get old just like civil war did. New music is all I'm interested in at present. No point in gnr flogging a tour just for the sake of it at this stage in their career when they only have 4 proper albums. Small ep before vegas would be the best thing they could do, but it's not going to happen obviously with the band hitting the road next week. Wasted potential and a wasted die-hard fanbase.

• Like 1

Bumblefoot, Ashba, and Tommy might be doing new songs, but he should go with "Night Train" to open some of the shows instead of the long intro to CD, but it might be because he leaves the dressing room and does his pre-show rituals during it that he doesn't want to jinx it.

• Like 1

Even in the absolute best-case scenario where they're three totally new great songs, I still can't imagine it'd make me believe in this band again.

Well, that's not totally fair.

We've asked them for years to play news songs. Now, if they do it, we move the goalposts?

• Like 1

I don't know why the "band" don't get together, write shit with Seb Back or whomever they wish and get their own album out.

Quit waiting for Ax.

I feel like that has happened before...

Slash%27s_Snakepit_It%27s_Five_O%27Clock

velvetrevolverblack.jpg

Even with the Baz comment--he tried out for VR and Slash said no because they sounded like "Skid Roses."

If the band got together and did their own thing, we'd have a new band in a heartbeat.

Bumblefoot, Ashba, and Tommy might be doing new songs, but he should go with "Night Train" to open some of the shows instead of the long intro to CD, but it might be because he leaves the dressing room and does his pre-show rituals during it that he doesn't want to jinx it.

That would be another quick fix, I'd love for them to shake it up in that way too (nightrain would be a cool opener, they could even do the 3 appetites in a row thing again with night, out ta get me, and brownstone) - won't solve the problems on here though. New music. And I know I sound like a broken record, but nobody here wants anything different or anything more from this band.

Even in the absolute best-case scenario where they're three totally new great songs, I still can't imagine it'd make me believe in this band again.

Well, that's not totally fair.

We've asked them for years to play news songs. Now, if they do it, we move the goalposts?

For the same reason it's that it's no use to give a band aid to a man who just had his leg cut off. Or send 0,5 litre of bottled water to Africa.

I want them to act like a normal band and be productive. This would be a very tiny step in the right direction, but nowhere near functioning like a normal band. Put out some music (an album or something) and we can talk. But this doesn't mean shit to me. They played CD, The Blues and Riad live on 1-1-2001. CD came out on 21-11-2008. So excuse me for not getting my hopes up when they play a few new songs live.

Edited by username

Guest Len B'stard

Quite frankly if DJ Ashba writes a song and it is released and performed under the GnR name it will be the singlemost damning piece of evidence that Axl is the worst candidate for keeper of the Guns flame, it will be a fucking travesty...and this is coming from someone who doesn't even care what GnR do anymore so it doesn't really bother me as such, just pointing it out, as a fact.

UNLESS, through some miracle of the Lord Asbha suddenly writes the bangin'-est hard rock song ever heard, which judging from what I've heard about his other work, ain't gonna happen.

• Like 1

again,I'm genuinely curious,after DJ's documented LIES to rolling stone

about a rotating,not set-instone setlist that made the shows fun for him,

WHY would anyone believe anything he says?

It probably is a "rotating not set in stone" setlist. I think the problem is he says things on behalf of the band that don't always pan out. It's hard to take the band members at their word if Axl is the one who ultimately decides on the setlist. It just seems like he gives them a slot to do any song THEY want, which is pretty generous, and if some of those songs are on the DVD, that's royalty money in their pockets. You never see Ron Wood doing one of his songs in a Stones concert that could have been on one of their live albums and DVDs.

That would be another quick fix, I'd love for them to shake it up in that way too (nightrain would be a cool opener, they could even do the 3 appetites in a row thing again with night, out ta get me, and brownstone) - won't solve the problems on here though. New music. And I know I sound like a broken record, but nobody here wants anything different or anything more from this band.

There will always be fans that are never happy.

Waldorf_and_Statler_2.JPG

Well, if there are new GNR songs, I'm sure they will play them at the Vegas residency, so we'll know soon enough.

Although the add for the Vegas residency said songs from AFD to CD. Nothing mentioned about new songs, unless it'll be a super surprise!

Axl takes years to write lyrics. There's no way a couple of songs DJ just wrote are going to be GNR tunes.

if it took years to write the shitty lyrics on cd, then maybe axy should take a songwriting class or 2