How I Met Your Mother Ending [MAJOR SPOILERS (*salutes*) WITHIN]

I have been a fan since the beginning, and I thought it was a good way to go. The last season was definitely the weakest season though. Sure the ending was a slap in the face, but that was the intention all along.

Season 6 was definitely the worst. Only real great episodes were the ones about Marshall's dad dying (Including the episodes when he was in Minnesota), and the episodes with Barney's dad.

I have been a fan since the beginning, and I thought it was a good way to go. The last season was definitely the weakest season though. Sure the ending was a slap in the face, but that was the intention all along.

Season 6 was definitely the worst. Only real great episodes were the ones about Marshall's dad dying (Including the episodes when he was in Minnesota), and the episodes with Barney's dad.
Season 6 was decent. This season they tried way too hard, that it wasn't funny. I guess that it was based on a weekend is what made it dragging.

And as for Friends not have a Neil Patrick Harris, you are wrong. They had Joey who stole the show. And also the thing about Friends was every character was good. All the guys from Joey, Ross and the hilarious Chandler were great, and Aniston and Courtney Cox were great as Rachel and Monica. Everyone had the laughs, with the exception of Phoebe. But seriously, there's a reason people speak so highly about Friends and why that is now the standard for these group TV shows. Whether you like it or not, they were the last ones to do it the most right.

I agree with most of your post but this part. I think Barney is a better character than any of the rest but if you're gonna compare him to Joey, then I don't think it, I'm sure. Joey was the one everybody talked about but, for me, he was less enjoyable and a worse character than Chandler and Ross. God, Ross is so underrated!! What made Friends great was all the cast but I don't think HIMYM would have passed season 1 without Barney. And they were lucky to find an actor like Neil.

I prefer Friends over HIMYM anyday, but HYMYM had its good moments too and a solid script.

Thank god we didn't find out - it's bad enough they spoiled Barney's job after 9 seasons of teasing us.

This remind me that, during a few seasons, the job of Chandler (Friends) was also a mystery and the jokes about it were usual. Just sayin'. :D

And as for Friends not have a Neil Patrick Harris, you are wrong. They had Joey who stole the show. And also the thing about Friends was every character was good. All the guys from Joey, Ross and the hilarious Chandler were great, and Aniston and Courtney Cox were great as Rachel and Monica. Everyone had the laughs, with the exception of Phoebe. But seriously, there's a reason people speak so highly about Friends and why that is now the standard for these group TV shows. Whether you like it or not, they were the last ones to do it the most right.

I agree with most of your post but this part. I think Barney is a better character than any of the rest but if you're gonna compare him to Joey, then I don't think it, I'm sure. Joey was the one everybody talked about but, for me, he was less enjoyable and a worse character than Chandler and Ross. God, Ross is so underrated!! What made Friends great was all the cast but I don't think HIMYM would have passed season 1 without Barney. And they were lucky to find an actor like Neil.

I prefer Friends over HIMYM anyday, but HYMYM had its good moments too and a solid script.

Joey was the buffoon of Friends, not the breakout character. If any of the other 5 didn't have better shit to do, no way "Joey" becomes a spinoff. I'm not saying he didn't get some laughs out of me, but he was the weakest of the six.

Since Seinfeld and The Drew Carey Show, I have never been able to get into any comedy that's shot before a live studio audience (and has a laugh track). They all feel derivative, and in comparison to shot-on-location shows like Arrested Development, The Office, Modern Family, terribly unfunny.

I'm personally glad this show is over with so I don't have to hear about it anymore. I'm also happy that the finale sucked. Call me a sadist, but considering that Arrested Development got the hook because people were caught up watching terrible shows like this or Two and a Half Men, fans of this show deserve to be let down. Same goes with Dexter - a show I never got (and I suffered through the two first seasons).

It boggles my mind how this show found an audience while Arrested Development went unwatched while it was originally aired. It defies logic.

Arrested Development is the one of the most overrated shows ever.

I stopped regularly watching HIMYM a few seasons back and I've just downloaded the seasons after they aired.

It's bullshit that the writers spent so much time saying "Ted and Robin" won't happen, they wrapped everything up all neat in the last episode and then spent the last ten minutes just botching the hell out of it. Terrible.