How I Met Your Mother Ending [MAJOR SPOILERS (*salutes*) WITHIN]

Ugh. I fucking hated it.

Robin has always sucked. Foisting her into the picture as the ultimate "endgame" was just insulting. All the sweetness and romance and buildup of the mother and it's just shat upon in the last 2 minutes of the show. Just terrible. All that buildup for her and Barney to get married and they toss it away in a casual sentence? "Oh we got divorced."

And Lily....fucking Lily....just a loathsome seflish cunt. A truly detestable character. Go back and watch the show...right from the start she's never done a selfless action for any of her supposed friends. It's always all about HER.

I loved Barney. I liked Marshall and Ted's scenes together. And even the mother was a lovely addition. But the two lead actresses ruined it for me. I'll never bother with this show again.

Terrible.

Ugh. I fucking hated it.

Robin has always sucked. Foisting her into the picture as the ultimate "endgame" was just insulting. All the sweetness and romance and buildup of the mother and it's just shat upon in the last 2 minutes of the show. Just terrible. All that buildup for her and Barney to get married and they toss it away in a casual sentence? "Oh we got divorced."

And Lily....fucking Lily....just a loathsome seflish cunt. A truly detestable character. Go back and watch the show...right from the start she's never done a selfless action for any of her supposed friends. It's always all about HER.

I loved Barney. I liked Marshall and Ted's scenes together. And even the mother was a lovely addition. But the two lead actresses ruined it for me. I'll never bother with this show again.

Terrible.

:lol: You're never gonna bother with the show again? Wonder why.

Hope you guys like the edit I made to the title ;)

Okay, I know I'm in the minority, but I was 100% happy with the actual ending. The episode on the other hand, was a bit of a mess.

First things first - I've always been a fan of Ted and Robin. Their chemistry in season 2 is just absolutely perfect. There's always been a part of me that wanted Ted and Robin to end up together, even if it seemed impossible. I've also always bought into the dead mother theory, so seeing everything play out exactly how I wanted/hoped was great.

The message of the show is so obvious; it's that life keeps moving on no matter what happens.

That said, the whole episode was so rushed that it was barely coherent.

• Like 1

:lol: You're never gonna bother with the show again? Wonder why.

Yeah, you know. Reruns. Syndication. DVDs. Torrenting the whole damn thing.

I'll never bother rewatching it cause the ending fucking ruined it. Same with Lost.

Never watched the show to begin with so I don't know what's going on. Just found your post funny because it's over. No offense.

I stopped watching seasons ago as I thought the quality and everything nose dived. The first few seasons were endearing and funny like a worse "Friends", but then the show got too asinine and tried to be over- sentimental. Anyways, my gf LOVES this show (she lives off of TV shows and this is her favorite) and she is refusing to watch this season because she is sad.

Due to the backlash, I had to see it. I skim- watched it. It could have worked BUT...

But they spent a whole stupid season on Barney and Robin's stupid wedding, had hours dedicated to Barney's character growth, hours of Ted and Robin getting over each other to the point where it ruined the season (show got bad for me long before this, though), and it didn't give any time to let Ted and the mother grow. It was just so rushed.

And I hate to say it, but the themes just didn't fit. Sure, the series has tons of emotional moments but sudden divorce, end of the gang, and death by cancer don't really fit in with the rest of the show.

I get what they wanted to do, and they successfully made your feelings go all over the place, but that doesn't make a good episode or finale.

Moral of the story- Barney has learned nothing and hasn't grown in the slightest, the mother is shoe- horned in and then killed off to pull your feels, and the whole thing is an over- elaborate and overly complicated ploy to get Robin and Ted together. The whole show ended up being a gigantic circle around Barney, Ted, and Robin that culminated in a rushed finale that shat on a ton of the events and themes.

Awful...

• Like 1

I don't mind the ending itself but the writing for it as well as the past 3 seasons IMO have been subpar overall

If the show was better written and more well thought out this ending could have been bearable but with the lazy filler episodes they could have used to advance the story this season it just was a total letdown

• Like 1

Shit. Don't convince us for 5 seasons to let Robin go and then bring Robin back. People wanted it in like season 5, then got sick of the dance. Robin and Barney are both awesome, both love Scotch, they should have been together. Barney with a kid? Fuck you, writers. Fuck you so hard.

Alright screw it I changed my mind from not hating the ending and hating the writing to hating both lol

Seriously, this season even had Robin float up in the sky symbolizing Ted letting her go. The past 9 seasons have been about Ted accepting that Robin isn't for him and that he should move on. Then they kill off the mother and not less than 15 seconds after we find out she dies Ted's kids basically go "eh, now is the time for you to go bang Robin"

It is like they were too lazy to change the ending they wrote in 2005 so they ignored the character develepments that went on starting from Season 2 onward.

Haven't watched the show in 2-3 years but fucking wow what a shit ending. The show fell off big of late but for Robin and Ted to end up together just reneges everything from the time they broke up especially when they pushed the whole "Aunt Robin" thing so everyone be like "you fanny, he said Aunt Robin, she's NOT the mother!"

Oh and Barney with a kid. The fuck?