April 17th - Fortaleza, Brazil

It's not a pirate's hat. It's a cangaceiro's hat.

"Cangaceiros" were the bandits of a "social banditry" in Brazil's Northeast in the 19th century.

From wikipedia:

By 1834, the term cangaceiro was already used to refer to bands of poor peasants who inhabited the northeastern deserts, wearing leather clothing and hats, carrying carbines, revolvers, shotguns, and long narrow knives known as peixeiras.

"Cangaceiro" was a pejorative expression, meaning a person who could not adapt himself to the coastal lifestyle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canga%C3%A7o

Also see LAMPIÃO:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lampi%C3%A3o

• Like 2

we got three songs form TSI (an album the band never toured behind) which i think is pretty cool :) At this point a new cover is better than nothing especially if they have Ax's vox. LOVED that mini clip of the band doin Chippin Away at a Stone w Axls vocals from a few weeks ago :)

Edited by tim101

Bloody hell, there's an embarrassing amount of bullshit being spouted in this abysmal thread.

Interesting last few shows, that's for sure. It's been a while since it was as fun as this!

If you mean embarrassing because Axl has milked this poor desiccated cow to the point that none of us seem to give a shit anymore, then I agree.
  • Like 1

Bloody hell, there's an embarrassing amount of bullshit being spouted in this abysmal thread.

Interesting last few shows, that's for sure. It's been a while since it was as fun as this!

If you mean embarrassing because Axl has milked this poor desiccated cow to the point that none of us seem to give a shit anymore, then I agree.

*sigh* I get way too depressed when I start thinking about the bigger picture like that.