Lets be honest....Axl can't sing anymore

Every DJ's performance is scary...

Pick whatever guitarist you want then. For example could Axl perform any song in say the same manner U2 performed at the Grammys? Absolutely not. He'd be exposed terribly.

*U2 reference specifically for Damn_Smooth

Pick whatever guitarist you want then. For example could Axl perform any song in say the same manner U2 performed at the Grammys? Absolutely not. He'd be exposed terribly.

Could he get up on stage and prance around like a sissy you're asking? I don't see why not.

Could he get up on stage and prance around like a sissy you're asking? I don't see why not.

he does that now

he does that now
Well then, it should be quite effortless for him.

In 2010 he was able to sing,but from 2011-2014 he is going down show,afer show,after show.

There is no point to see this band live anymore,if they make a record i will buy it for sure,but the shows right now are most of them really depressive to see Axl singing like that.

You cant sing you could be mine or civil war like he is singing it ,the song lose all the vibe.

But,theres anything we can do,in the other forum every last show is the best one and even Duff has beind abducted. So............he is done.

Well then, it should be quite effortless for him.

Sissies or not he couldn't pull off a good vocal performance in that type of performance / setting
Not my fault.

Nor is it mine.

Even if Slash is making shitty music, his guitar playing has not decreased. He's still playing as good as he was in the old days, even if it means its shitty material. Axl, whether it be good or shitty material, isn't singing as good as the old days and his singing has greatly decreased. I believe thats what classicrawker is saying, unless I'm wrong.

That is exactly what I was saying............whether someone likes his music or not is a moot point as we are not talking about his music we are talking about his playing ability compared to Axl's singing.........

Even if Slash is making shitty music, his guitar playing has not decreased. He's still playing as good as he was in the old days, even if it means its shitty material. Axl, whether it be good or shitty material, isn't singing as good as the old days and his singing has greatly decreased. I believe thats what classicrawker is saying, unless I'm wrong.

That is exactly what I was saying............whether someone likes his music or not is a moot point as we are not talking about his music we are talking about his playing ability compared to Axl's singing.........
What you're saying is that he could play great if he wanted to, but he chooses not to, right?

CR- Fans of Axl's current band worldwide don't agree with you that his vocals are mediocre judging by concert reviews. I know that they are myself, but just because a handful of people disagree doesn't make it any less true. Same with Slash. Just because a handful of people disagree with me that his new music is shit doesn't make it any less true either. Mediocrity unites us all.

I have no problem with Axl fans disagreeing with me about his vocals as that is their opinion but again you are straying off topic as we are not talking about Slash's music as I was comparing his guitar playing which I claim is as good or has improved from the old days while I doubt too many Axl fans would say his singing has improved since the 85-93 timeframe..........I get it you don't like Slash's post Guns music mate but I really don't care so why not try to stay on topic.......... :shrugs:
Haven't left the topic at all. Axl's sub-par vocals have been acknowledged nearly every post. Why does it hurt you so badly to point out the reality behind Slash, and why do you think he should be excluded from this conversation? Wasn't a main complaint that Slash discussion wasn't allowed in D&N? Seriously, there is no pleasing some people.

You're really not paying attention mate as you hating Slash's music does not bother me at all as I don't care if you like his music..........you're entitled to your opinion which I don't happen to agree with..........we were comparing the quality of Axl's singing to Slash's guitar playing not their "shitty music"............I know you have the need to keep telling me how much Slash's music sucks as if it hurts my felling's but it has nothing to do with our discussion......do you really not get that?.......... :shrugs:

What you're saying is that he could play great if he wanted to, but he chooses not to, right?

Stay on topic mate your trolling hand is weak in this case............. :lol:

CR- Fans of Axl's current band worldwide don't agree with you that his vocals are mediocre judging by concert reviews. I know that they are myself, but just because a handful of people disagree doesn't make it any less true. Same with Slash. Just because a handful of people disagree with me that his new music is shit doesn't make it any less true either. Mediocrity unites us all.

I have no problem with Axl fans disagreeing with me about his vocals as that is their opinion but again you are straying off topic as we are not talking about Slash's music as I was comparing his guitar playing which I claim is as good or has improved from the old days while I doubt too many Axl fans would say his singing has improved since the 85-93 timeframe..........I get it you don't like Slash's post Guns music mate but I really don't care so why not try to stay on topic.......... :shrugs:
Haven't left the topic at all. Axl's sub-par vocals have been acknowledged nearly every post. Why does it hurt you so badly to point out the reality behind Slash, and why do you think he should be excluded from this conversation? Wasn't a main complaint that Slash discussion wasn't allowed in D&N? Seriously, there is no pleasing some people.

You're really not paying attention mate as you hating Slash's music does not bother me at all as I don't care if you like his music..........you're entitled to your opinion which I don't happen to agree with..........we were comparing the quality of Axl's singing to Slash's guitar playing not their "shitty music"............I know you have the need to keep telling me how much Slash's music sucks as if it hurts my felling's but it has nothing to do with our discussion......do you really not get that?.......... :shrugs:
You're failing to realize what's going on here as it was you that said that you weren't going to fall for my baiting. Your challenge was accepted.

Now I know that you know that I know that we both know that Slash's new music sucks. But you're saying that if he wanted to play his good shit, he could play it better than ever. But he doesn't. That's like me saying that if Axl got his fat ass off the couch, did some exercise and put a bit of effort into it he could sound great. He doesn't either. It doesn't matter what they could do, they've both chosen to wallow in mediocrity.

If this is all he has left he'd better call it a day, I agree.

But somehow I keep hoping his voice will improve.

it's not just his voice now days....his whole body movement is meh. Now he does this booty-dance onstage like an 80 year old lady . It's embarrassing! he cant even move now!

Many 30 year olds would wake up crippled the next day after performing for 3 hours like Axl does nowadays.

:facepalm: Lame excuses for Axl know no boundaries.

And put the "Axl performs for 3 hours" fantasy aside. He doesn't and never did. Truth is, he sounds terrible and his performance is shit compared to what he showed few years ago.

There are older frontmen that have played 1000x more gigs than Axl yet they still deliver an excellent performance.

• Like 1

Many 30 year olds would wake up crippled the next day after performing for 3 hours like Axl does nowadays.

:facepalm: Lame excuses for Axl know no boundaries.

And put the "Axl performs for 3 hours" fantasy aside. He doesn't and never did. Truth is, he sounds terrible and his performance is shit compared to what he showed few years ago.

There are older frontmen that have played 1000x more gigs than Axl yet they still deliver an excellent performance.

Agree he sounds worse than a few years ago, disagree it's terrible. Agree his performance is worse than it was years ago, disagree it's shit.

He moves a lot on stage still, in a way that would be taxing for most people not used to it.

There are dozens of talentless, tone-deaf, auto tune abusing imbeciles shimmying across stages worldwide. None of them can fucking sing. Axl, however, CAN sing. It may not be the full on snarl he once had but he can sing. I will take Mickey Mouse Axl 100 times over worthless wastes of space like Ke$ha.

Exaggeration knows no boundaries.

I think you formatted your post improperly.

Shouldn't you have put "Exaggeration knows no boundaries" after you said "many 30 years olds would wake up crippled the next day after performing for 3 hours like Axl does"

Occasionally running short distances (30-40 feet), walking around a stage in 10-foot incriminates, and a lot of standing around over a 3-hour period......who in the world would wake up crippled after doing that? Axl isn't Elijah Price.

The maintenance guy at my office is in his 50s and does five times more physically activity than Axl, except he does it for 40 hours a week instead of 2-3 times a week in three-hour stretches.

• Like 2

I am one of the last guys to admit this, but Axl simply does not have the pipes anymore. His voice/vocal cords are totally shot. I listened to YCBM from the April 12th show and his singing is so bad its basically criminal. Granted that is a hard song to sing, but he either is not trying, or CAN'T do it anymore. He basically is talking the lyrics now, not singing, and no where near he wail of yesteryear.

He should, for all intents and purposes, call it a day.

There are people doing G N R karaoke that could give more energy and power than Axl can at this point, and that is said, but true.

Your opinion. fortunately for us no one cares what you think.

In the studio, the man can still sing like the Axl of old.

I really hope he lays down as many tracks as possible before he loses his singing voice.

You all might not know this, but I really wish Axl would put out a couple more albums.

Yeah But how does he sound with out protools

I am one of the last guys to admit this, but Axl simply does not have the pipes anymore. His voice/vocal cords are totally shot. I listened to YCBM from the April 12th show and his singing is so bad its basically criminal. Granted that is a hard song to sing, but he either is not trying, or CAN'T do it anymore. He basically is talking the lyrics now, not singing, and no where near he wail of yesteryear.

He should, for all intents and purposes, call it a day.

There are people doing G N R karaoke that could give more energy and power than Axl can at this point, and that is said, but true.

Your opinion. fortunately for us no one cares what you think.

You responded to him, so you must care.

Have you ever thought about just chatting with people instead of insulting them?

In the studio, the man can still sing like the Axl of old.

I really hope he lays down as many tracks as possible before he loses his singing voice.

You all might not know this, but I really wish Axl would put out a couple more albums.

Yeah But how does he sound with out protools

Who knows. To be honest, I don't really care.

As long as the album and the songs sound good - that's all that matters.

I don't care if he used protools or had to sing each line 937 times.

CD is one of my favorite albums of all time.