Lets be honest....Axl can't sing anymore

The answer is in the live show and there's been tons of threads about how that sounds

But their youtube clips, you can't expect them to sound good. Besides, the people who bash Axl's vocals are just fans of the old band out to get Axl.

He sound's good dammit! He had 4 seconds of rasp in a song last night, that's improvement. Right?

• Like 1

blah blah blah , and yet you feel you need to come here and talk about him...........bizzare

If Axl released a new album tomorrow, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I'm still a fan, I just want him to perform up to the level that we all know he can be. Just because I'm able to find flaws and point out that he's not a good singer anymore doesn't mean I'm not a fan. It's the essence of being a true fan.

listen to afd, uyi, and then listen to cd.... the proof that he can't sing anymore is right there.

Right. Part of what made this band special, and successful, was Axl's distinct voice. Along with Slash's bluesy riffs and solos it's what separated them from all the other bands of their time. People either loved his voice or hated it, but one thing was for sure, it was unique. It's like hearing an Elvis or an MJ song. Even if you aren't a fan, just about anyone can immediately identify the artist. I can't imagine if Axl was starting out now as a new singer, his voice as is, that he could even get a record deal. What made him different and special is gone.

Every DJ's performance is scary...

Pick whatever guitarist you want then. For example could Axl perform any song in say the same manner U2 performed at the Grammys? Absolutely not. He'd be exposed terribly.

*U2 reference specifically for Damn_Smooth

That was a great performance.

Bono cops a lot of shit for being a wanker, but seeing performances like that remind me of how good he and U2 are.

blah blah blah , and yet you feel you need to come here and talk about him...........bizzare

If Axl released a new album tomorrow, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I'm still a fan, I just want him to perform up to the level that we all know he can be. Just because I'm able to find flaws and point out that he's not a good singer anymore doesn't mean I'm not a fan. It's the essence of being a true fan.

That's how I feel honestly too. It's like watching a baseball player you know could hit home runs just going for a single, if that. I know how ya feel man I'm with ya

• Like 1

Please stop defending Axl's shitty voice as some sort of normal course of events.

His singing is so poor strictly because he doesn't practice. You can bet your ass he didn't prep even for one second before TB wheeled him out for this latest cash-grab tour.

I think we all get ppl who doesn't like his current singing or new band.

What i don't get is the constant bashing, the multiple threads about those subjects by the same ppl repeating the same "comments".

But what else am I supposed to do when I'm on the toilet?

listen to afd, uyi, and then listen to cd.... the proof that he can't sing anymore is right there.

exactly

In the studio, the man can still sing like the Axl of old.

no, he can't. as mao5 said there's a huge change between the old albums and cd, and not for the better.

if you can't hear the difference then i feel sorry for you.

You feel sorry for me because an artist put out a CD that I love and think is amazing? Uhhh, OK. Thanks, I guess.
I feel like it was a conscious effort on Axls part to use less rasp on cd.. I mean isn't there a TIL out there with some raspy vocals.. And also arnt the vocals on Baz record done after a lot of Chinese were ? He sounds great on angel down don't ya think?

Or is the song called stuck Inside of you or some shit like that

Edited by Estranged Coma

i think axl knows he can't sing anymore and he's sad (maybe even depressed) about it, that's why duff made that comment about how his voice is "spot on"..... that's just duff trying to be nice.

Thats Duff saying what he has to say because he's currently playing with Guns N Roses. I don't think he went out of his way to be nice, and I also don't think he was being truthful. It was more of a "its cool to play with Axl again" while simultaneously not explicitly saying he can't sing.

i think axl knows he can't sing anymore and he's sad (maybe even depressed) about it, that's why duff made that comment about how his voice is "spot on"..... that's just duff trying to be nice.

Thats Duff saying what he has to say because he's currently playing with Guns N Roses. I don't think he went out of his way to be nice, and I also don't think he was being truthful. It was more of a "its cool to play with Axl again" while simultaneously not explicitly saying he can't sing.

Fuck this, I will gladly wear my nutter badge through the skin on my forehead (because cloth is for pussies) just so I can point out how ridiculously stupid this post is.

Fuck this, I will gladly wear my nutter badge through the skin on my forehead (because cloth is for pussies) just so I can point out how ridiculously stupid this post is.

Then you're an idiot, to put it bluntly. Cause I'm right. Duff has played with excellent vocalists. There's no way that he suddenly went retarded and thinks Axl sounds good nowadays. He's responding based off his fun with Axl, not actual skill.

Then you're an idiot, to put it bluntly. Cause I'm right. Duff has played with excellent vocalists. There's no way that he suddenly went retarded and thinks Axl sounds good nowadays. He's responding based off his fun with Axl, not actual skill.

:lol: Yes moron. Duff, the media and the fans are all lying about what they hear just to appease Axl's ego. I know that you're not too bright, but at least keep up with the fact that I think Axl sounds like shit based off of YouTube videos, which is the only way I've seen anything since '10. The vast majority of reviews from people that were there agree that he sounded good. Do I care why? Not in the least. But if everyone there thought he sounded good, why shouldn't Duff?

• Like 2

:lol: Yes moron. Duff, the media and the fans are all lying about what they hear just to appease Axl's ego. I know that you're not too bright, but at least keep up with the fact that I think Axl sounds like shit based off of YouTube videos, which is the only way I've seen anything since '10. The vast majority of reviews from people that were there agree that he sounded good. Do I care why? Not in the least. But if everyone there thought he sounded good, why shouldn't Duff?

Listen prickwad, you're clearly the moron here. Everyone is lying. Its what they have to fucking do! Or else Axl and his mother kicks them the fuck out. Duff is speaking based on the moment. Its not like he's sitting there with headphones and a stethoscope saying "nope, nope, this sounds horrible." If he were to see live videos played back, he'd see Axl sounds terrible. And he would know best since he fucking played with him in the glory days, and anyone that did that, aside from Dizzy the retard, knows that Axl is a shell of his former self.

I don't know what kind of grass you smoke that you think what I'm saying about Duff isn't true, but feel free to send me a cartel load. People are wrong and brainwashed when they say Axl sounds good. I saw him in 2011. At the show, he sounded fine, but looking back it was pretty pathetic. It was passable at the show then, but I wouldn't ever show people those videos as a demonstration of how good the show is. He's worse now, Duff knows it, Duff isn't saying it, or else he wouldn't get to speak to Axl again. We've all seen the videos, Axl did not sound good and that is no different than how he's usually been for the last 15 years.

Now politely go back to your kindergarden classroom and shut the fuck up. These are grown ups talking and you sir are an abomination to this race.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

Listen prickwad, you're clearly the moron here. Everyone is lying. Its what they have to fucking do! Or else Axl and his mother kicks them the fuck out. Duff is speaking based on the moment. Its not like he's sitting there with headphones and a stethoscope saying "nope, nope, this sounds horrible." If he were to see live videos played back, he'd see Axl sounds terrible. And he would know best since he fucking played with him in the glory days, and anyone that did that, aside from Dizzy the retard, knows that Axl is a shell of his former self.

I don't know what kind of grass you smoke that you think what I'm saying about Duff isn't true, but feel free to send me a cartel load. People are wrong and brainwashed when they say Axl sounds good. I saw him in 2011. At the show, he sounded fine, but looking back it was pretty pathetic. It was passable at the show then, but I wouldn't ever show people those videos as a demonstration of how good the show is. He's worse now, Duff knows it, Duff isn't saying it, or else he wouldn't get to speak to Axl again. We've all seen the videos, Axl did not sound good and that is no different than how he's usually been for the last 15 years.

Now politely go back to your kindergarden classroom and shut the fuck up. These are grown ups talking and you sir are an abomination to this race.

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: Congrats. You're the first person that has ever baffled me with stupidity. You win sir, I have nothing that can penetrate that pea brain. You are the first person that I have ever deemed too stupid to argue with. Be proud. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks. Now I can go home to my dad and see if he respects me without having to blow him like I usually do. Seriously, I don't need any fucking praise from you. Who the fuck do you think you are? Some grand poobah that things you are always right? Oh right, thats fucking everyone around here. Listen, most things in GNR land are common sense when you pull your head out of your ass, which I am suggesting you do. Do you also believe Duff if he were to say he likes the current lineup as players? Because that would be a retarded lie statement too. But I'm sure you'd say how I am qualified to speak for him? Because its fucking obvious you lowlife halfwit cretan.

I'd talk to you further but I feel there's no getting through your ridiculous skull. You've got your views, thats fine. They are fucking dumb as hell, but they are yours and you should be proud of that. Just know, in your heart of hearts, you are a complete idiot and I have yet to read one thing you've said on here that proves you have more than a 5th grade education.

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 1

You sound kind of mad, are you ok? There is nothing I can do to help you make up for your lack of ability to understand the world around you, but I can guarantee that you have my sympathy. It must be rough traveling day to day with no grasp on the way the world works. I wouldn't wish that on that retarded kid that plays with his belly button and sniffs it. I'll give you a virtual hug since you need one. :hug:

Eh, you kind of ruined it and made it creepy. Get a life.

:lol: It's only creepy because you're far too stupid to understand what you read. Stupid people are always scared of things too complicated for their simple minds. It's OK. :thumbsup: Here's another hug to calm your confusion. :hug: Edited by Damn_Smooth