Wine & Cheese

Ace Nova

As a college student here, wine is (surprisingly) the cheapest thing to get drunk on. I think it's because it's taxed lower than beer and liquor... so most of our drinking games are played with cheap boxed wine rather than cheap beer.

I grew up in a wine-producing region and a lot of my friend's families worked on or owned vineyards... Also my family is Italian, so wine and cheese were around at the end of most meals growing up. There was always a block of parmigiano-reggiano and some rough-tasting homemade red at Nonno's house. :lol:

I like tannic reds, generally I'll grab a Cab Sav or a Syrah (we call it Shiraz)... but I'll drink just about anything except a Rose. Always with cheese!

There's actually nothing wrong with rose. I started drinking it a bit over the summer because I was getting sick of white wine and it was too warm for red and for a change it was refreshingly pleasant. I admit though, guys do look a bit poncy drinking pink drinks.

• 2 weeks later...