Somebody named their kid Dexter Axl

Guest NGOG

Um. That's extreme. Considering I've heard of children named Anakin (as in Skywalker...go on, name your kid after Darth Vader), Lestat and Sparkle, I'm not surprised, though.

Edited by stella

My last dog's name was Axl.

spvomo.jpg

That looks like you are taking him out on the lake to drown him. Chained to a black refuse bag.

Is that you Slash? :lol:

He probably would have made great shrimp or crab bait.......

I had to get rid of him when I had babies. Axl had a huge temper, would snip at people he didn't like, would pee on the shoes and bite the heals of overweight people, and would freak out if you got to close to his bowl of food. He had a deformed front foot - you can sort of tell in the picture. And I think he was a little off in the head as well. He loved me to death, but like I said, if he didn't like somebody he had no qualms about snipping at them or peeing on their shoe or ankle.

spvomo.jpg

That looks like you are taking him out on the lake to drown him. Chained to a black refuse bag.

Is that you Slash? :lol:

He probably would have made great shrimp or crab bait.......

I had to get rid of him when I had babies. Axl had a huge temper, would snip at people he didn't like, would pee on the shoes and bite the heals of overweight people, and would freak out if you got to close to his bowl of food. He had a deformed front foot - you can sort of tell in the picture. And I think he was a little off in the head as well. He loved me to death, but like I said, if he didn't like somebody he had no qualms about snipping at them or peeing on their shoe or ankle.

Ahh i see why you called him Axl now :P

• Like 3

I knew a girl who named her kid "Mercury Bean". Yeah. Also, there was a local girl whose name was "La-a"..take a gander at how that's pronounced. The hyphen is pronounced, it's "LaDASHa". Not. Even. Joking. I can think of worse that Dexter Axl.

I knew a girl who named her kid "Mercury Bean". Yeah. Also, there was a local girl whose name was "La-a"..take a gander at how that's pronounced. The hyphen is pronounced, it's "LaDASHa". Not. Even. Joking. I can think of worse that Dexter Axl.

I heard about La-a on the news a few years back. Stupid people.

Yeah, since Moses is a name that's in a bunch of major religious texts I don't think there would be an issue with it.

Axel with an E is a pretty common name in Scandinavia and Germany IIRC.

IMHO those countries that require parents to get approval for their children's names are doing the right thing. I know Germany and some other countries do that, too. It really probably saves a lot of kids from ending up with humiliating names.

Edited by stella

On one hand, I don't like governments telling people what they can and can't name kids, but on the other hand, if it prevents names like Anus, Hashtag, Pepsi Mountain Dew, and Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116, maybe it's not such a bad thing.

No problem with someone naming their son "Axl", is a cool name but Dexter?

At least Dexter is an actual name. And way better then Axl. Unless you star Teen Mom on MTV.

In Denmark you can't just name your kid whatever you feel like. The name needs to be approved. So there will be no hashtag, moses or apple here in Denmark which is a good thing.

I thought that was a normal name. Like the guy from the Bible, you know.

Edited by Thin White Duke
  • Like 3

I can totally get naming a dog or iguana or goldfish Axl.....but a baby? Idiots. It's dumb when celebrities do it too, but at least they have enough money to pay for their kid's therapy when they get older. With a name like that, the poor thing is already destined to have a successful career as a bouncer in a gay bar.

• Like 1

In Denmark you can't just name your kid whatever you feel like. The name needs to be approved. So there will be no hashtag, moses or apple here in Denmark which is a good thing.

MjeckTJ.jpg

tO1tBke.jpg

Alright, my mistake. I have yet to come across a Dane named Moses though.

I've yet to come across an American named Rudolph, doesn't mean the name is banned.

To me Dexter Axl (Dexlington/Wellington?) sounds like a Harlequin novel character whose

parents frequent philharmonic orchestra concerts, but they would rather go to rock concerts.

Nothing wrong with the name, unless it was inspired by the serial killer from TV.