Chipotle asks customers not to bring firearms to stores

Dazey

Just reading this story about a fast food chain having to request that people stop bringing firearms into its stores after a group of "gentlemen" staged a protest.

It's been all of five minutes since the last gun control debate on here so what do people think about this?

Personally I don't really see the need to carry a semi auto rifle with me to grab a burrito but maybe that's just me eh? :lol:

Chipotle asks customers not to bring firearms to stores

Fast food chain says it has brought in policy after military assault rifles were carried openly in Texas restaurant

5ba09c00-e838-4b57-a01a-294178bc6af5-460

An image tweeted by the gun control group Everytown, which called for Chipotle to banish guns from its stores.

The fast food chain Chipotle is asking customers not to bring firearms into its stores after it says gun rights advocates carried military-style assault rifles in one of its restaurants in Texas.

The Mexican food chain said "the display of firearms in our restaurants has now created an environment that is potentially intimidating or uncomfortable for many of our customers".

The announcement came after a petition by Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, which has called on other companies to ban firearms in their stores as well. The group said its petition was in reaction to "open-carry" gun activists appearing at a Dallas-area Chipotle restaurant over the weekend.

Many US states allow people to carry licensed guns in some way but some businesses exercise their right to ban firearms.

Last year Starbucks told customers that guns were no longer welcome in its cafes after it had to temporarily close a store in Newtown, Connecticut, to avoid a demonstration by gun rights advocates. The company said it shut down the store out of respect for the community where 20 schoolchildren and six educators were shot and killed.

The coffee chain stopped short of a ban, saying it did not want to put its workers in the position of having to ask people carrying guns to leave its stores.

A Chipotle spokesman did not immediately respond when asked whether the company's request was an outright ban, or how it would respond if people continued to bring in firearms.

Chipotle noted in its statement that "there are strong arguments on both sides of this issue". It said it hoped that customers who opposed carrying guns in public would agree that "it is the role of elected officials and the legislative process to set policy in this area".

The gun control group Everytown, backed by the former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg, launched a #BurritosNotBullets campaign on Twitter after pictures emerged of guns being carried in Chipotle. It celebrated the chain's decision with a tweet on Monday:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/20/chipotle-dont-carry-guns-in-our-stores

• Like 1

Guest Len B'stard

Hey, why not, fuck it, it's legal and like...how different is it in principle that having a rifle on your back or like, y'know, the Queens guardsmen when they do a show of...thingie :lol: I mean obviously, yes, there is a glaring distinction between that sort of professionalism and some fuckin' yahoo in an 'I'm With Stupid' T shirt carrying some next fuckin' jungle levelling automatic machine gun thing but there's really no need to worry, it won't kill ya unless they point it at you and shoot.

That fuckin' fat one looks like guns are the only thing he's got in his life, eh? :lol: Let him carry it openly, bless him :lol: Fuckin' camoflague hat and all that, like they'd let your fuckin' big fat arse in the army, try losing 10 stone first! :lol:

Edited by sugaraylen

How do they enforce that? Frisk you before ordering a burrito? Thank goodness where I live people prefer to conceal their guns before going into a fast food chain.

I think it's probably not all that easy to conceal an M16.

Personally I think the fatty just wants to make sure nobody gets between him and the buffet.

Here we go again with extremists....they are the ruin of society.

Had they just played it cool, they could have easily carried in a concealed weapon....and no one would have batted an eye....but they had to be a bunch of buffoons about it.... so now they get their "right" taken away from them....at least at Chipolte.

Chipolte: 1

Dumb Rednecks: 0

Edited by Kasanova King

The government cannot take a citizen's right to carry a gun. Private establishments can. Stupid people do not realize this and think that prvate property diesn't matter when it comes to rules. I absolutely support the 2nd amendment, these guys are fucking idiots though.

• Like 3

Well when you live in a society where cheap, fatty food means more than the preservation of human life, you're gonna get some nutjobs that enter a premises gun in hand (or gun concealed :lol: ). Whatever. :shrugs:

Chipotle isn't cheap. You're thinking Taco Bell.

The government cannot take a citizen's right to carry a gun. Private establishments can. Stupid people do not realize this and think that prvate property diesn't matter when it comes to rules. I absolutely support the 2nd amendment, these guys are fucking idiots though.

yup exactly right.

In my whole live ive felt threatened enough to throw a punch in self defence about 4 times, and I would say at least 2 of those times it was probably my fault and it could have been avoided. Who in their right mind needs to carry a fucking gun. Mental it is.

In my whole live ive felt threatened enough to throw a punch in self defence about 4 times, and I would say at least 2 of those times it was probably my fault and it could have been avoided. Who in their right mind needs to carry a fucking gun. Mental it is.

Dumbarse Americans that value personal liberty to the nth degree.

Guest Len B'stard

In my whole live ive felt threatened enough to throw a punch in self defence about 4 times, and I would say at least 2 of those times it was probably my fault and were i not pissed, I would've considered the other two my fault too and it could have been avoided. Who in their right mind needs to carry a fucking gun. Mental it is.

Fixed :D

• Like 1

How fucking big of a pussy do you need to be to even feel the need to carry a fucking assault rifle? :lol:

Also, WTF, don't you have to conceal guns you carry over there?!

you have to have a permit to carry a concealed weapons. a lot of states have open carry in which you can carry guns openly. i have seen guns in post offices and in some grocery stores, its not a big deal.

How fucking big of a pussy do you need to be to even feel the need to carry a fucking assault rifle? :lol:

Not rifles or shotguns....as long as you have a legitimate reason to carry them...for hunting, etc.

Not rifles or shotguns....as long as you have a legitimate reason to carry them...for hunting, etc.

Oh like in the odd event your burger might still be alive and that? :lol:
  • Like 1

you have to have a permit to carry a concealed weapons. a lot of states have open carry in which you can carry guns openly. i have seen guns in post offices and in some grocery stores, its not a big deal.

But weird for sure.

Well, it'd make sense carrying them where you hunt.. you need a car for game anyway so why not like.. leave them in the trunk if they need to go shopping in the middle of it or whatever? People over here have lots of guns but never in public.. only once I've met a guy who was carrying a glock in the city, I mean at least the only one who's ever talked about it and showed it.. but he was half American :lol:. He was asking me if I was a cop, I said do I fucking look like a cop and then he showed me his glock he was carrying in his pants :lol:

yeah it can be weird to someone not used to it, but if you grew up here and lived here its normal. these people in this story are idiots most people when they go hunting keep their gun in a rack in the back of a truck. there is no need to carry a ar 15 or anything like that to go into a fast food joint. i dont mind a handgun in the holster but at the same time if the business doesnt want any guns in their business that is their right.

• Like 1