Patton Oswalt on taking a break from social media - I LOVE this!

I feel this way sometimes. Recently I disabled my Facebook for about a month and a half because I just feel as though I need a 'detox' from it. I really loved how Oswalt expressed his concerns.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152254538632655&id=10671482654&refid=17

Do any of you guys relate to this/ever feel this way? Social media can be like a rabbit hole you fall into and never find the bottom of.

Who the fuck is Patton Oswalt?

Haven't had facebook in years. It was pointless anyway because I don't many friends and all the people who truly care about me can find ways to contact me. Also I find it troublesome in a sense that it reminds you of your past mistakes. Mental hurdle shit I guess.

facebook is bad news.

I want to know when Patton Oswalt became someone? Like someone famous outside of Comedy Central? He's like king nerd now, so I'm curious as to how he became relevant nowadays.

Well, let's see. He worked the comedy club circuit for many years and built street cred. He was on a hugely popular sitcom as a recurring character. He voiced a character in one of the most popular animated films of all time. He earned raves and award noms for his acting in Young Adult. And his stand-up comedy is excellent and deals with many 'nerd' themes. He also wrote a stunningly good memoir.

Patton Oswalt (born January 27, 1969) is an American stand-up comedian, writer, actor and voice actor known for roles such as Spencer Olchin in the sitcom The King of Queens and for voicing Remy in the film Ratatouille.

I recently stopped using Facebook actually. I used it to stay in touch with people and all that jazz but it just got to be too much. I've been having some minor family issues with my parents and one sister and they've been pretty clearly using mine and my wife's Facebook to keep up on us and our daughter and it was just getting ridiculous. Add in that all my friends are getting to that age where we have very little in common anymore (I'm the only one who's married with a child, and I just bought my first house), we just don't talk as much as we used to, so I just got away from it all. Honestly, it's made me feel better in a way. I use twitter just to keep up on feeds from radio stations and bands for potential concert announcements, but other than that I've just lost the purpose of social media.

I want to know when Patton Oswalt became someone? Like someone famous outside of Comedy Central? He's like king nerd now, so I'm curious as to how he became relevant nowadays.

Well, let's see. He worked the comedy club circuit for many years and built street cred. He was on a hugely popular sitcom as a recurring character. He voiced a character in one of the most popular animated films of all time. He earned raves and award noms for his acting in Young Adult. And his stand-up comedy is excellent and deals with many 'nerd' themes. He also wrote a stunningly good memoir.

Patton Oswalt (born January 27, 1969) is an American stand-up comedian, writer, actor and voice actor known for roles such as Spencer Olchin in the sitcom The King of Queens and for voicing Remy in the film Ratatouille.

He was great in Ratatouille. Really talented. I don't find him funny though.