Embrace the hate - GnR 2012 shirt (reference to the forums?)

Guest Gunns

I don't know why some people continue to come on a GNR messageboard if they hate Axl and GNR.

I'm glad Axl is taking a long time off. Then there won't be anything to complain about, but then again, some people just love to hate. Their lives must be so sad and empty.

I hope Axl has a long rest and does whatever the hell he wants to do. He's earned it.

I don't know why some people continue to come on a GNR messageboard if they hate Axl and GNR.

I'm glad Axl is taking a long time off. Then there won't be anything to complain about, but then again, some people just love to hate. Their lives must be so sad and empty.

I hope Axl has a long rest and does whatever the hell he wants to do. He's earned it.

How arrogant and condescending of you. Because a few people aren't praising Axl's every move like you do, they must have sad and empty lives? That sure is a big life judgment of you to make about somebody just because of they way they post on a rock forum. What does that say about you? You consistently hate on other posters on here - what does that say about you and your life? Don't you ever get tired of badmouthing posters that you don't like or agree with?

So Axl can "do whatever the hell he wants to. He's earned it." LOL, for occasional touring over the last six years? Axl is my favorite rock singer of all time, I'd much rather he released an album of new music for his millions of fans to enjoy rather than taking off MORE time. All of us can do whatever the "hell" we want to do (including posters that make posts you don't like). But as a singer who has released one record in the past 20 years, I sure hope Axl decides to release new music soon and isn't going to take the next couple of years off.

There's a forum called HTGTH...probably more your thing.

Before I go on a rant... How old were you in 1999... Just out of interest.... Edited by robin2002

I'd still like to know the answer to my previous question - if you were a fan in 1999 you would of started hearing about new song titles for the first time in years, we also got Oh My God.. at that point I thought we'd get it in a year or so, it came out 9 years later... He done a handful of gigs in 2013 and has only again been active since then end of March... so please let me know why you think he's earned a rest? He's been resting for the most part of 21 years!?

.... and yes there will be stuff to complain about, until I get a release date for new music then I will complain when I want, I will also praise when appropriate...

'some people just love to hate. Their lives must be so sad and empty.' - I don't love to hate, I doubt many people on here do, if Axl was doing what bands do and release music in a timely manner then there wouldn't be much to complain about!? and I'm sure the DJ hating would decrease if we could actually hear his playing on a recording, you just need to look at Robin as an example!

and so sad and empty... who the hell are you to say that!? I'm a very happy person, newly married, just back from honeymoon, I play music most nights a week and actually enjoy my job, and I own my house - I'm just pissed off that I supported this guy after he broke up my favourite band and promised new music over 15 years ago and we've had 1 album (which was ready to be released a few years before he added the pointless overdubs), Oh My God, some live performances of another unreleased track and some leaks of another 2 - oh and some remixes... was that worth the support we blindly gave him!? NO. Was it worth breaking up GUNS N' ROSES... NO.

You are the typical Rose tinted Axl fanatic that piss me off, he could spit on you and you'd still worhip him, you are the sad person here.

He wound up last year's tour in June/July, so he's probably going back to Manhattan and the Hamptons. Should be fun now that Kim Kardashian set up a boutique out there, Ashba can set his boutique up right next door to hers and shoehorn Ashbaswag onto Bravo...

If you think the GnR forums are bad, just check out other forums or social media sites or publications that mention GnR.

Yeah, seriously. Its a nightmare.

It's changing, though, and they are not supposed to be comprised of supportive fans :D

What is changing?

The majority of the public thinks this whole operation is a joke. That is not changing and never will.

What is changing?

The majority of the public thinks this whole operation is a joke. That is not changing and never will.

My perception is that the general opinion is changing, albeit slowly, especially so in some countries (USA, perhaps), less so in others. I see more reviews and articles now where focus is actually on the current band and not what has happened before, like, say, 20 years ago. I also see in commentaries more people being positive towards the band than before. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Time tends to heal all kinds of wounds and more importantly, make people forget, and the current band has been really active now in carving out its own identity :shrugs:

My perception is that the general opinion is changing, albeit slowly, especially so in some countries (USA, perhaps), less so in others. I see more reviews and articles now where focus is actually on the current band and not what has happened before, like, say, 20 years ago. I also see in commentaries more people being positive towards the band than before. This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Time tends to heal all kinds of wounds and more importantly, make people forget, and the current band has been really active now in carving out its own identity :shrugs:

Here is what qualifies as a good review :

"Guns N' Roses (well, not the real Guns N' Roses) played a show last night. The only remaining original member is Axl Rose. His current band does a good enough job re-creating the classic material you all grew up with."

• Like 1

None of these guys will ever establish an identity with the mainstream as the old guys had, in a peculiar way, they have more than an ample opportunity to do so with the colourful shadow of the old band hanging over them and outstanding catalogue of songs and notoriety, maximum exposure and alongside captain ahab rose. Unfortunately the hand that giveth is also shrouded in mystique and still prone to dysfunctional throes so the guys either move on due to boredom and frustration or remain in a static purgatory where the only progression has been a ten+ year record and old classics returning and dominating the set, as brilliant as the shows can be.

Bottom line, BBF, Ashba, Stinson, Dizzy, Pitman, Ferrer and 4TUS will never have opportunities to shine unless the line up stays as it is with three records in ten years released and promoted fully with half the set catering to new GNR. It will never be respected as an evolved band if Axl can't hold it together and record, BH and Finck era ended before the album release, should've followed it up in 2011 for a better chance and time on his side to mold and amend a new vision.

The time has gone for this band to be perceived as anything but Axl and Friends, as much potential as I believe they had in 2010 to cement their own legacy.

That momentum was killed by the last 4 years, I'd like to think they recorded 3 albums worth but I think we're still where we were then.

A remix album of Chinese Democracy is worthless and no one will buy it, bin it and get an EP out.

• Like 1