Matt Sorum open to GNR return

Guest NGOG

I think these people have changed a lot in the past 20 years. We see this with Duff returning for awhile to fill in. I'd think Axl would be more open to it than anything to do with Steven, but who knows? I'd be all for it.

I doubt Steven would be back in any way shape or form. I doubt Brain would come back either. So any drummer for gnr would be either Frank or Matt. Current line up, Frank obviously. But if some sort of perminate reunion with Duff and Slash ever happens, than I think Matt will be back by default. I think they would beg for their buddy to be back in the band. Which I don't think Axl would have too much of a problem with this, as long as he knew his role, lol. That's one thing Fran does have over Matt, he is a lot less vocal of his opinions, and pretty much does as he is told. If Sorum can agree to those terms, I'd bet Axl would give him another shot.

The thing about Sorum that I think bothers Axl the most is he sorta started all the BS back in the day. He didn't directly start it, no. But he did always appear to want to confront Axl about certain issues, he would then get Slash and Duff on his side, so it was like they teamed up against Axl. Which I'm sure Axl always held a grudge against Sorum for doing that. So as long as Matt doesn't do that anymore, I think he MIGHT get a chance if a reunion ever takes place. He IS a better drummer than Frank imo.

Adler has no shot in hell though. He made his bed during the whole hall of fame thing. He spouts off from the mouth way too much to ever work with Axl again. Slash, Duff, Sorum, and the rest were all pretty PC during the Hall of Fame deal, Adler was the only one that ran his mouth, which I think sealed his fate in ever returing to gnr. Which is ironic considering him and Axl actually went to dinner, found some piece, and were on a positive note as friends again. So I blame Adler for that, and as a result could careless if he never plays in gnr again....

Bring back Brain. He was the greatest Guns drummer of all time.

good point of view. i like brain too. that 2002 wma's performance is one of my favorite of all time in gnr.

but speaking in losses, I think abruzesse and freese also has to be mentioned.

What show on what day did either one of those guys play a concert with "Guns N Roses" ........?

I mean..... the whole gnr drummer saga had always puzzled me....

it really boils down to what's ur favorite GNR album... because basically each album has had a different drummer.... and since.. i like all of the albums... i like all of them ... you know the ones who actually contributed to a record AND played live with the band

Matt was and still is the perfect drummer for GnR. He played with perfect accuracy and timing and that's the most important thing for drummer in GnR. That's why I don't like the way Frank plays, he improvise too much and therefore songs don't have the same or completely lose their feeling.

GnR songs needs to be played the way they were recorded or with minimum (well adapted) improvisation, especially classics.