NBA offseason Thread

Pau gasol to the bulls. I wonder what they do with boozer maybe just amnesty him? Or just let him play out the year and maybe someone takes his expiring contract in a trade during the year.

Caron butler to pistons

Rockets got Ariza. Think they got him cheaper then parsons would have cost so not a bad deal for them.

Parsons deal went through with Dallas. I really like him on Dallas. Who's playing point guard now thoUgh? Calderon fit nicely on this team sux that he's gone.

Pau gasol to the bulls. I wonder what they do with boozer maybe just amnesty him? Or just let him play out the year and maybe someone takes his expiring contract in a trade during the year.

Caron butler to pistons

Rockets got Ariza. Think they got him cheaper then parsons would have cost so not a bad deal for them.

Parsons deal went through with Dallas. I really like him on Dallas. Who's playing point guard now thoUgh? Calderon fit nicely on this team sux that he's gone.

Boozer's stock sure went down over the past couple years. I have a hard time rooting for the guy after he lied to and screwed Cleveland a few years back. Plus he said he was gonna go back to his high school town and do a bunch of stuff to help the economy and city youth........which hasn't happened yet.

Mavs have three quality back-up point guards. Felton is probably the starter and has averaged almost 7 assists per game for his career. He had a terrible season last year for the Knicks, but who didn't. But before that he was a quality player.......well, an average point at least. Then Deven Harris is on the roster as well. And they have this Israeli point guard on the roster who got some minutes last year, but was a superstar over seas. Basically, they have two A-level back-ups competition for the starting role.

Earlier somebody said that Parsons was overpaid or overrated - and that might be the case. But that's the ability the team had when Dirk took an under-market value contract. It allowed the team to spend a little extra money to fill spots on the roster. The Mavs had the extra money and spent it to improve their team. A fourth year player whose stats have improved every season and last year came in at something like 17-6-4..........that's a pretty quality young big to add to your roster.

Looking at it in a team concept.........are the combined salaries of Parson/Dirk an overpay on Dallas's part?

Miami will still be a playoff team.

And I think with Waiters, Thompson, Anderson, Irving, Lebron, Wiggins - that's a playoff team in the East. Young, fast and athletic. If Love is willing to sign an extension, I'd trade Wiggins for him in a heart beat. Wiggins is an unknown still. Isn't he just 19 years old? He "could" be an All Star..........or he "could" be another NBA first round bust. Or he could end up a nice role player. About 50% of NBA first rounders end up never making an all star team. You know what you get with Love. A beast who will get you 10-15 rebounds a game while averaging 20-25 points.

Derrick Rose selected to USA Basketball team. Weird, I didn't know he played basketball. I thought he just modeled for Adidas.

Parsons was chosen for that team as well.

Think parsons makes it? I think he has a good shot the guy can flat out shoot it and the three point line in international play is shorter is it not? Still it will be tuff I think 20 get invited and then it's cut to 12? Somthing like that.

He might blow an ACL stepping onto the plane to fly.

And possibly his other knee getting off the plane

He might blow an ACL stepping onto the plane to fly.

I've heard rumors he had a bad dream, out for the season.

Haha D rose jokes are so good even tho it is pretty sad, but the guys rich already so you can't feel to bad for him :P. I'm rooting for him to play all of this year because if he doesn't he's pretty much done. Sooner or later you got to face the facts that the body isn't gona do what it doesn't want too. If he doesn't have a great comeback year this year we might be seeing the next Brandon Roy situation. B Roy was one of my fav players man and he just could not stay healthy kinda sux.. If he does get hurt again only chance is He could maybe change up his game, get a better jump shot, work on his old man moves (lol) ,stop driving to the lane like crazy and he could have a decent career. Could be another Grant hill or Sean Livingston type career. Grant is pretty compatible to d rose ig. Grant was playing incredible and everyone thought he was headed to superstardom, except his ankles

Grant Hill is such a tragedy. I loved that guy to death. Man, what could have been....

What kind of player is D Rose if he can''t throw himself at the basket with those violent hop steps? I don't know. He's gonna have to spend Larry Bird time in the gym shooting jumpers in order to rework his game.

I'm still not over D-Rose winning MVP over LeBron in 2010.

D Rose deserved it more than Lebron did that year. Just because Lebron is the best overall player doesn't mean he is the MVP every year. It would be rediculous if they gave it to Lebron every year. Jordan was the best player from about 88~98, yet he didn't get 8 mvp's (minus the 2 years playing baseball). Shaq was the best player from 99~05, yet he only got 1 mvp. It just doesn't work that way. Lebron already has 4, yet IMO he only really deserved 2 of them tbh. He had good years in Cleveland, but he didn't deserve both of those mvp's, if you go back and look at those years, Kobe deserved one of them more than Lebron did, and Duncan or Shaq deserved the other one more. LBJ's 2 mvp's in Miami were deserved though...

Derrick Rose 2010

25.01 ppg, 44.5% fg, 7.69 assist, 4.07 rebound

LeBron 2010

26.7 ppg, 51% fg, 7 assist, 7.5 rebounds

LeBron had a better ppg, shooting percentage, rebounding, and had nearly as many assists as Rose, who is a point guard. Rose had a great year obviously. But don't tell me he won for any reason other than voter fatigue/bias against LeBron and the decision.

Granted, if the Cavs do anything this year he'll be MVP no question because of pro-LeBron bias.

• Like 1

Derrick Rose 2010

25.01 ppg, 44.5% fg, 7.69 assist, 4.07 rebound

LeBron 2010

26.7 ppg, 51% fg, 7 assist, 7.5 rebounds

LeBron had a better ppg, shooting percentage, rebounding, and had nearly as many assists as Rose, who is a point guard. Rose had a great year obviously. But don't tell me he won for any reason other than voter fatigue/bias against LeBron and the decision.

Granted, if the Cavs do anything this year he'll be MVP no question because of pro-LeBron bias.

I think another point people made to give it to rose was they said his team was really poor and he carried the load so much. I never bought that shit to be honest. The bulls have had solid players on that team for years. That was shown when he got hurt and the bulls still competed at a high level.

Honestly I don't think a team with rose as it's main offensive option will ever be able to win the east as long as lebrons in the conference. In the past lebron has shown (and this was d rose pre injury) he can guard d rose and basically keep him out of the paint which then makes D rose kinda useless. His game is all about getting into the lane which then leads to him getting space for his jump shot which he needs because his jumped ain't that great.

Voter fatigue, thats exactly my point. Did Charles Barkley have a better 1993 season than Jordan did? No. But he was MVP. Did Malone have a better 1997 season than Jordan? No, but he was MVP. You can't give it to Lebron every year. It is what it is, it's over with folks, move on.....

So glad Charlotte got Born Ready!

i think its a great pickup. they really dont have a true pg with jemba and stephenson is my only concern, but stephenson has proven to be a triple double threat so he can pass the ball a lil bit when he wants to so maybe it will work out. charlotte can make some noise next year in the east.

James Jones 1-yr deal to the Cavs. Lebron is putting together his roster lol

Charlotte doesn't really have a good traditional point guard, but both Kemba and Stephenson can handle the ball pretty well. I think they can make it work. I've always been of the belief that basketball positions are more or less arbitrary and you don't necessarily need PG/SG/SF/PF/C to be successful.

Charlotte doesn't really have a good traditional point guard, but both Kemba and Stephenson can handle the ball pretty well. I think they can make it work. I've always been of the belief that basketball positions are more or less arbitrary and you don't necessarily need PG/SG/SF/PF/C to be successful.

Yeah I think they will be ok handling the ball although they could use a pass oriented guard off the bench (idk who there reserves are right now). I'm still just not a huge fan on Kemba, he's just too small to be a great 2 guard in this league. Idk I just don't see his ceiling being very much higher then it is now. He Kinda reminds me of Ben Gordon.