NBA offseason Thread

Didn't D-Wade opt out as well?

If so, whose to say he goes back to Miami for a rebuilding process.

If Houston resigns parson and signs Bosh - along with howard and harden.............does that make them the clear cut number 2 team in the West?

Would a Lebron, Love, Irving, Thompson, Anderson team match-up against the Spurs?

Didn't D-Wade opt out as well?

If so, whose to say he goes back to Miami for a rebuilding process.

If Houston resigns parson and signs Bosh - along with howard and harden.............does that make them the clear cut number 2 team in the West?

Would a Lebron, Love, Irving, Thompson, Anderson team match-up against the Spurs?

Heats issues in the finals were a lack of rebounds, and the fact the team plain wasn't good. They didn't have a point guard. Love rebounds/scores. Irving passes/scores. LeBron does everything. An Irving love james is far better equipped against the spurs than James Wade bosh. The fact Wade never has developed a 3 ball may end his career early, if the injuries don't get him first.

Why would Bosh stay in Miami?

They must have a plan now to add more pieces to the puzzle, because this team (with wade and Bosh) are a 40-win team next year.

Not enough money for Mello, so who do they add that makes them a contender for an NBA title? Deng and Ariza? Those two dudes will probably get overpaid now as a couple teams will start bidding for them. Houston/Dallas both need to get one of them.

Looks like the Lakers and Rockets are the two big losers so far.

Why would Bosh stay in Miami?

They must have a plan now to add more pieces to the puzzle, because this team (with wade and Bosh) are a 40-win team next year.

Not enough money for Mello, so who do they add that makes them a contender for an NBA title? Deng and Ariza? Those two dudes will probably get overpaid now as a couple teams will start bidding for them. Houston/Dallas both need to get one of them.

Looks like the Lakers and Rockets are the two big losers so far.

I don't think they can do anything to turn into a contender. There's no point guard on the market worth getting excited over and the best strong forwards are Deng and Ariza. Best lineup they could trot out would be *insert mediocre point guard*/Wade/Ariza/Bosh/Pau Gasol, with some solid bench pieces. That's not a contender, and it's an outside shot anyway.

Bosh stayed in Miami because he likes it, money, and he'll be the number 1 scoring option again. That combination wouldn't have happened in Houston. If they keep Wade which I'm sure they will, they'll be a playoff team in the weak eastern conference. But it's very possible they play the number 1 seed Cavs in the first round of the playoffs.

If the Cavs can get Kevin Love, game over. No team in the east could compete, especially if the Cavs add ray Allen. The Cavs are so thankful to LeBron right now, he's basically the GM. Gilbert better be okay with going over the luxury if need be, because if he is willing, the Cavs are ready to compete for a conference title tomorrow. Note I didn't say NBA championship. They have a long way to go to catch the spurs, thunder, clippers, and rockets. But they'll do work against Indiana and Chicago (is Derrick Rose still technically a basketball player? I thought you had to play to be called that.) Every other team has nothing. Maybe the Nets can scrounge a respectable season? But an Irving, Love, James team? It may turn out to be a better big 3 than Miami's was.

In retrospect, the Miami big 3 wasn't a great basketball fit. Bosh was never dominant enough with his size, Wade started a sharp decline in 2012, and James was forced into playing point guard for about 4 seasons. With an Irving, love, and james trio, each can stay in their own lane and not step on toes, with it being obvious who the alpha is. The Cavs could be special.

I think the one thing the Miami teams were always missing (even during the two championship runs) was a respectable option at center. I mean, their best option at center in those seasons was playing Bosh at the 5 and going small ball. I think Chris Bosh is a very good player and he's being underrated a bit lately, but there's a reason a guy like Roy Hibbert went off the playoffs before last.

Good pick-up by the Suns, but holy cow, how many point guards do they have on their roster now?

I think with Love the Cavs will be able to compete with anybody.

That big three is probably better than last year's "big three" in Miami.

Thompson is young and improving and almost averaged a double-double last year.

Anderson Veraejo did average a double-double.

That would give Cleveland a front court with three guys who average in double-digits in rebounds. Does anybody else have that power inside? Especially considering Lebron is good for 6-7 rebounds a game.

That starting five is just as good as Miami's was.

Then throw in Wiggins, Ray Allen, Bennett, that CJ guy, and didn't they draft another quality player in the second round?

That's assuming they trade D-Waiters and a couple draft picks for Love.

That is a team with a good point, the best player in the game, a powerhouse big man, a rebounding fiend and an athletic young big.........plus a young, fast, defensive minded bench. That's pretty good.

Good pick-up by the Suns, but holy cow, how many point guards do they have on their roster now?

I think with Love the Cavs will be able to compete with anybody.

That big three is probably better than last year's "big three" in Miami.

Thompson is young and improving and almost averaged a double-double last year.

Anderson Veraejo did average a double-double.

That would give Cleveland a front court with three guys who average in double-digits in rebounds. Does anybody else have that power inside? Especially considering Lebron is good for 6-7 rebounds a game.

That starting five is just as good as Miami's was.

Then throw in Wiggins, Ray Allen, Bennett, that CJ guy, and didn't they draft another quality player in the second round?

That's assuming they trade D-Waiters and a couple draft picks for Love.

That is a team with a good point, the best player in the game, a powerhouse big man, a rebounding fiend and an athletic young big.........plus a young, fast, defensive minded bench. That's pretty good.

A lot of people are saying in order to get love there going to need to package wiggins. Honestly I don't know if I'd let wiggins go I mean loves contracts is up next year anyway and there's no guarantee he agrees long term to Cleveland. If you could get it done with anyone but wiggins and Irving tho I do it.

I've trying to think of another stretch 4 which could help the cavs. Honestly mcroberts who the heat signed would have been a nice little addition to play some stretch 4 on this cavs team.

Edited by Estranged Coma

Steve Blake to Portland I really like this pick up vet back up pg behind lillard who is snart and can shoot

Vince carter to Memphis. I'm not too sure what to think a about this one. 3 year deal for 12 mill looks like hell end his career I'm Memphis bar a trade. Carter can still play a lil when he's healthy I liked him on Dallas but Dallas is really trying to get someone this free agency. Dallas will probably get like deng or ariza ig since rockets will forsure match the parsons deal

Old but Jordan Farmer and Spenser Hawes to the clips. I like them both but farmer is a downgrade from Darren collison. Hawes is a great pickup can always use another big man.

The west just gets better and better

Edited by Estranged Coma

Everyone is slow playing this, what with Lebron talking about how there's a long road ahead or whatever, and people talking about how older, more experienced teams tend to with championships. I don't know, though. Yeah, they're young, but who's better than them in the East? Indiana? Chicago if Rose plays more than 5 games? Maybe. Who else? I can see them going to the finals this year. The West is a different story. I don't think they'll be ready to beat the West this year, but I also don't think they're as far off as some are saying. Really, how many more years can the Spurs keep it up? And who's a great team after them? OKC? Clip joint? Portland? Those are good teams - the west is deep and good - but there aren't great teams after the aging Spurs, and even the Spurs are only great in a relatively diluted league.

Edited by magisme

Everyone is slow playing this, what with Lebron talking about how there's a long road ahead or whatever, and people talking about how older, more experienced teams tend to with championships. I don't know, though. Yeah, they're young, but who's better than them in the East? Indiana? Chicago if Rose plays more than 5 games? Maybe. Who else? I can see them going to the finals this year. The West is a different story. I don't think they'll be ready to beat the West this year, but I also don't think they're as far off as some are saying. Really, how many more years can the Spurs keep it up? And who's a great team after them? OKC? Clip joint? Portland? Those are good teams - the west is deep and good - but there aren't great teams after the aging Spurs, and even the Spurs are only great in a relatively diluted league.

I think you are under valuing experience a bit here. Name a NBA team that came from nowhere and won a championship? You can't, it just doesn't happen that way in the NBA. I have been following the NBA religiously since about 1988, and inexperience teams just plain don't win. Heck even LeBron knows this, thats why he said what he said. If they get Kevin Love, they MIGHT make it to the Finals, but they won't win it. Honestly I would say the Cavs won't be legit title contenders untill year 3 with this group. They will get their hearts broken twice before they become a real threat imo. Let's be real here, they have a rookie coach and a bunch of green players. Do you honestly think SA or OKC would be scared of this team? I don't. But if this team does get Kevin Love (who is also green to playoff basketball), I do think they will get at least one ring, probably 2 starting in year 3, and will be contenders for year 4,5,and 6 imo. This move will help extend Lebron's career into his mid 30's, where Miami would of been done 3 years from now. So it was the smart move imo, even if he doesn't get to 5 or 6 rings.

Oh, I agree they'd be outmatched by whomever they'd meet in the finals, but I don't think going to the finals is out of the question. Is this team really much worse than the other Cavs team he brought to the finals when he wasn't even as good as he is now?

LeBron James can singlehandedly beat every team in the east. He's done it the past two years. If they can get some sharp shooters, the Cavs can pretty easily make their way to the finals. I can't really say that the Cavs in their current state are all that much worse than the Heat this past season. They're just short on championship experience, something if they bring in Mike Miller and Ray Allen that can be mended to a degree. With LeBron James, the Cavs are ready to compete this second. Championship lock? No, the west is too strong. But certainly an eastern conference finals lock, and strong chance of finals appearance.

• Like 1

LeBron James can singlehandedly beat every team in the east. He's done it the past two years. If they can get some sharp shooters, the Cavs can pretty easily make their way to the finals. I can't really say that the Cavs in their current state are all that much worse than the Heat this past season. They're just short on championship experience, something if they bring in Mike Miller and Ray Allen that can be mended to a degree. With LeBron James, the Cavs are ready to compete this second. Championship lock? No, the west is too strong. But certainly an eastern conference finals lock, and strong chance of finals appearance.

Very much this!

Lebron and kyrie can beat that bulls roster even with a healthy D Rose. In the past when d rose actually played it's been proven when Lebron guards him he gets shut down. And they lost deng and lil nates not there anymore. The bulls are honestly only good on D and that's because there a Thib team and Joakim is a workhorse. 5 or 6 games cavs win

Wizards-lebron has more exp then that whole team. Kyrie vs wall is a wash. Bradley beal vs lebron is lebron by a mile. Gortat would be the X factor here he's a really strong center. I think this would be a long series. Cavs win

Nets- old as fuck. Pierce not on roster ATM. Kg looked like a shell of a shell of himself. It saddens me but he's done. Lebron can shut down joe Johnson easily. Brook Lopez if healthy another strong center could do some damage tho. 6 game series cavs win.

Pacers- George hill vs kyrie I take kyrie. Stephenson is probly gone. Paul George vs lebron again George just is not as good and never will be untill lebron is old. David west and hibbert could do some damage but those guys are so unreliable who knows. If cavs get love it's over they win this. 7 game series and idk who would win this need to see the rosters finished.

The heat might very well make the playoffs with a bosh wade Deng mcroberts granger team. Bosh has to be Toronto bosh and Wade is going to have to play more then 55 games though. They have cap to add pieces but there's not really anything out there worth real value. Would be cool to see cavs heat in the playoffs.

I think with bosh the heat are certainly able to make the playoffs. Bosh is underrated in a lot of ways. He can average 20-10 when he plays in position. The fact is while the big three were superstars, they didn't fit together. Their games overlapped. Spo did what he could but by the time Wade was willing to drop alpha, his body was failing him and wasn't an effective piece. A love LeBron Irving big three makes much more sense