I think Axl would ether have went into hiding or reunited with atleast Afew original members by now

2009 was the beginning of the big touring and that would have never started without the album being out. Maybe one more pre album tour like 06 then dates canceled Axl pissed and he's gone for 5 yrs

Edited by Estranged Coma

Axl would still be regarded as a genius in the music industry

If Chinese never came out and Axl died without releasing it (would never hope for someone to die ) o boy would Axl be fuking huge for a good minute, sales would have skyrocketed, the vault gates opened, and the most mysterious legend of rock vaulted to stardom one last time. Lol

What if Chinese democracy didn't come out In 2008 and we were still waiting for it? What would the state of gnr be? Would gnr/Axl even be around?

This scenario is playing out right now with a large majority of this forum who 'still believe' in the next record.

Edited by Smokin' Cigarettes
  • Like 1

If Chinese never came out and Axl died without releasing it (would never hope for someone to die ) o boy would Axl be fuking huge for a good minute, sales would have skyrocketed, the vault gates opened, and the most mysterious legend of rock vaulted to stardom one last time. Lol

LOL

It's sad to put it that way but you are absolutely right! Had Axl died with ChinDem still in the vault, the album would have been a massive success.

What if Chinese democracy didn't come out In 2008 and we were still waiting for it? What would the state of gnr be? Would gnr/Axl even be around?

I was just saying to my wife the other day that I firmly believe that if the Anitquiet leaks hadn't happened, we'd still be waiting for the album.

Was he ever regarded as such?

On topic: Fan forums would be a wasteland even with the nostalgia tours. I mean, we are this close right now. Just imagine if there was no CD.

The hype would still be around, but it'd end up being an urban legend if the album even existed as something outside of a pile of demo tapes.

I'd think Axl would still be touring though like he has been lately, whether Chinese Democracy was released or not.

Yeah, Axl and GNR would still be touring just not singing any CD songs or maybe singing them, who knows?

when Axl was on TMS he still didn't sound like he wanted CD released when it was. He was asking why was it so important for a release date, but since the album was finished or at least seems to be, why was he so against releasing it? I mean you can only go back and fix something so many times before you're happy with it.

I would be surprised if anymore GNR music gets released. I know Axl and the band has said things are done, but what does that mean to Axl? And does their record company think they can still bring in the money? That's all they care about.

There is money to be made touring the older songs. There will forever be money to be made touring the older songs.

It's the same for every band that tours. Fans love the old songs so they play the old songs.

GNR aren't the only ones who do this in concert.

Even Duff, Steven and Slash get the biggest applause when they play GNR songs. This is true with Metallica too. Do you think they play St. Anger songs live? lol

I really don't think Axl would be touring right now if his album hadn't came out yet. I think he would have retreated to Malibu and said fuck everyone I don't need any of this hassle I'm gona fuck around with my cats till I die. Untill someone have him a stupid amount of money to release it and then we would get a tour.

Honestly it couldn't have went any worse then 08 did.

One important lesson I have learned as a fan of this band is, you do not want to play the "What Could Have Been?" game with it. You will drive yourself insane. Really, you will, even if it is with the negative stuff. I bet you're at least 10% crazier now then you were when you started this topic.

I'm not sure what Axl would have done, but I do know there'd be a hell of a lot more against him calling the current incarnation Guns N' Roses. I mean, yeah, Chinese Democracy didn't sound like old GNR, but it was a Guns N' Roses record and all people who played on that as official members can say "I have played on a Guns N' Roses record as a full fledged member of the band." If Chinese Democracy hadn't been released yet, the people who played on that couldn't say it. Sure, they could say "I was a member of Guns N' Roses," but no one would really take it serious. I mean, not a lot do now, but it'd be even less without the release of the record.

An album called Chinese Democracy came out.. but given its messy and fucked up production values... plus its song list of comprised mostly of the leaks leads one to to speculate that this is not the album that Axl patched together since the real band parted ways. Given that Axl himself stated that by now we would have had 3 albums to jive to... its naturl to conclude that something somewhere is absolutely fucking rotten in GNRLAND.