Axl FINALLY signs the Topps cards

Don't celebrate much, that's the only ONE card he signed. The rest will take a year each.

No he signed two cards of the four the update mentioned both Heavy Metal cards, my guess is Axl's probably deciding on a picture for the Allen & Ginter cards.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Interesting that they took the Heavy Metal logo off, which was covering his cross tattoo (Slash's face).

Reunion starts now?

His jacket on both variants also had the AfD cross on it, so I wouldn't look too much into that.

Can someone help me out pls?

I have a redemption card for a 'Heavy Metal Auto Base', but live in the uk and have no idea about all this topps stuff.

Does the above mean i can now redeem and receive the auto base? It just seems there's a few varieties of cards and only some are signed. Cheers

Heavy Metals are signed enter your code in at the topps redemption website exactly like it says on the card, Topps are shipping to Australia so shipping to UK should be fine.

Thanks, have done so.

Are you waiting for one? My status is 'pending' but it's only been 24hrs

Can someone explain to me what the fuck these cards are exactly and what the appeal of them is? I just don't get them. :question:

I didn't know a lot about em before Axl got involved with topps, but essentially it's as good as a cast iron guarantee that the card has been hand signed by the man himself. Doesn't float everyone's boat, but getting a real Axl autograph is a cool thing for me.

People really pays for this?

lel

it would be a nice investment after Axl died.

It seems weird to me as well.

I can see if you personally met somebody who was your idol and they signed something for you.

But if you didn't meet the person, and they didn't personally sign something for you.......I don't see how people get excited over a signature on a piece of paper. While watching a baseball game and eating a bowl of pop corn, Beta brought over a couple cards and said "sign these please". So he puts down his Dr. pepper, takes the pen, signs a couple cards, and goes back to watching the game. How impersonal is that.

I've never understood the joy of an autograph that somebody didn't personally receive.

To each their own though!

• Like 1

Themed baseball/trading cards are probably one of the most collectible things out there, at least for sports-related things and topics. Kinda odd to see them for music topics, but I know I've seen KISS selling trading cards..and dogtags, figurines, various other forms of junk..

I think there was an episode of Pawn Stars recently, someone was selling a baseball card that had a strand of George Washington's hair as the feature. At least this card doesn't have a lock of one of Axl's dreadlocks. lol

Sometimes people deserve more, sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded.

lol oh man I bought one of those redemption cards after seeing the topic on here and started feeling like a

dummy afterwards but Axl came through!!! :headbang: