Axl FINALLY signs the Topps cards

Roseauto.jpg

After more than a year, some of Axl Rose‘s Topps autographs are signed, sealed and ready to be delivered.

Topps revealed on its Twitter account Tuesday afternoon the first looks at its 2013 Topps Archives Heavy Metal insert — an autographed parallel printed on metal — that the Guns N Roses frontman finally signed after the card was issued last year via a redemption.

“#BOOM! Look who signed. @axlrose,” read the post. “Heavy Metal autos will ship soon. More info to come on other autos.”

Rose’s other autos, all issued as redemptions, included his standard Heavy Metal card from Archives as well as standard and red-ink autos found in 2013 Topps Allen & Ginter. This year’s version of that set officially arrives tomorrow.

It’s worth noting that the card above is missing the set’s “Heavy Metal” logo is not shown on Rose’s card — not a stretch to guess that that’s perhaps a reason for the delay in signing.

http://www.beckett.com/news/2014/07/just-a-little-patience-axl-rose-finally-signs-for-topps/

I'd love to know the reason for this delay. Is it possible Axl's family / management waited an entire year, just to find the "right" time to ask him to sign some baseball cards?

If so, no wonder it takes decades to ask him to release a fucking song.

• Like 1

I'd love to know the reason for this delay. Is it possible Axl's family / management waited an entire year, just to find the "right" time to ask him to sign some baseball cards? If so, no wonder it takes decades to ask him to release a fucking song.

I think something like this, the management agree it with the company without telling Axl, the company get excited and release a statement. Then they are left waiting for management to not only find the right time to tell Axl but also find the right time to get him to fulfil the commitment made on his behalf.

Remember we arent dealing with professionals. Its a bunch of amateurs who've somehow been given the keys to the identity of Axl Rose, one of the most iconic and elusive rock stars on the planet. Its no wonder stuff like this isnt as cut and dry as it should be!

Edited by prettytiedup88

his signature looks less bloated

Not only that, he also looks less bloated and seems to be in a good mood in that pic. I heard he was cracking a joke when that pic was taken and there were hints of rasp.

You just NAILED the title of the next album. Guns 'N' Roses - Hints of Rasp.

• Like 1

Can someone help me out pls?

I have a redemption card for a 'Heavy Metal Auto Base', but live in the uk and have no idea about all this topps stuff.

Does the above mean i can now redeem and receive the auto base? It just seems there's a few varieties of cards and only some are signed. Cheers

his signature looks less bloated

Not only that, he also looks less bloated and seems to be in a good mood in that pic. I heard he was cracking a joke when that pic was taken and there were hints of rasp.

You just NAILED the title of the next album. Guns 'N' Roses - Hints of Rasp.

:lol: that's awesome :lol: :lol:

Can someone help me out pls?

I have a redemption card for a 'Heavy Metal Auto Base', but live in the uk and have no idea about all this topps stuff.

Does the above mean i can now redeem and receive the auto base? It just seems there's a few varieties of cards and only some are signed. Cheers

Heavy Metals are signed enter your code in at the topps redemption website exactly like it says on the card, Topps are shipping to Australia so shipping to UK should be fine.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou