- Chinese Democrazy

- Welcome To The Jungle

- It's So Easy

- Mr. Brownstone

(...)

- Paradise City

:shrugs: boring

the stones have had the same setlist for 25 years and nobody bitches

What a crock. They've put out and toured multiple records in that time and they were the first band ever to play a stadium, an arena and a club in every city with a different setlist for each: big hits for the stadium, more varied for arena and deep cuts for hardcores in the clubs.

They've also released DVDs of each tour including gorgeous sets for the Licks and Bigger Bang tours. In fact, for the Licks tour which wasn't promoting a new album the DVD set includes over FIFTY songs that were played on the tour including LOADS of live premieres and previously unreleased live songs plus documentaries.

God damn it I hate it when people chat absolute shit about things they know nothing about.

If you don't think the setlists for the last 13 years are a reason to bitch your expectations couldn't be any lower.

Axl is in cloud cuckoo land, he has absolutely done a 180 degree turn on the reasons why he kept the name, he can't really take Prostitute seriously if this is how he's choosing to honour the GNR name, by honour, hiring guys to cover old material plus the decade old Chinese Democracy handful of tracks, which this band are barely on anyway, to get a ton of money by association with the past (which he slaughtered Slash about). Unless he is funding a new record since the label got fed up of supplying him with an endless amount which now will not make them too much cash due to Axl squandering the years and failing to show any interest in promoting GNR to make a 'modern' impact post-CD release... it is all a cash grab. It keeps the roadies and everyone except Axl with a roof over their heads at least and the guy puts on a hell of a show, this isn't Axl Rose project though (but it is), this is about Axl being deluded enough to believe he's justified keeping the name.

Very well put. This pretty much sums up why people like me who were 100% behind Axl and New Guns in the beginning have become so cynical.

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 4

Take 2014/early 2015 off, release a new record with a promotional drive for three months, start tour in Amazonia, open with The General, keep three CD songs in the set, introduce three more CD2 songs over a world tour = 7 'new gnr' songs, 13 classic songs, solo breaks, simple... or not.

Take 2014/early 2015 off, release a new record with a promotional drive for three months, start tour in Amazonia, open with The General, keep three CD songs in the set, introduce three more CD2 songs over a world tour = 7 'new gnr' songs, 13 classic songs, solo breaks, simple... or not.

This, or anything similar to it, will never happen. I take any bets. 10,000 minimum.

At this point the fans who are actually interested in progression with this band aren't even surprised or disappointed, it's the normal routine for new GNR, I feel bad for the potential Axl has wasted, he gets cash and maintains his lifestyle and those around him but he absolutely cannot be artistically fulfilled even if he is happy finally, he has turned into a lot of things he rallied against but in a subverted way where he holds all the keys and walls.

At this point the fans who are actually interested in progression with this band aren't even surprised or disappointed, it's the normal routine for new GNR, I feel bad for the potential Axl has wasted, he gets cash and maintains his lifestyle and those around him but he absolutely cannot be artistically fulfilled even if he is happy finally, he has turned into a lot of things he rallied against but in a subverted way where he holds all the keys and walls.

At the end of the day, his fans and fans of rock music are the biggest losers.

Is his career the biggest waste of talent/potential in the history of rock music? I don't mean that as an insult towards him at all. Axl might be happy as a clam and 100% satisfied with his life and career.

I'm just talking in terms of career wise. In terms of talent level, Axl is at the top of the mountain for singers. Voice, presence, writing chops.........he is in the top 10 of rock singers of all time. For me he would be number one of all time, but if we move away from the fan-boys, Axl sits comfortably in the top 10.

So a top 10, and maybe top 5, singer has only released a handful of albums in his career. 4.5 albums of original material and one covers album. That just sucks for his fans, and for fans of rock music.

It's a crying shame for rock music and Axl fans that he hasn't released 10 albums of material.

Kind of like if Michael Jordan had only played six years in the NBA.