Slash and WTTJ featured in "SpongeBob 2" Movie Trailer

ManetsBR

Cool trailer. I used to watch Spongebob when I was younger, then I lost interest. Regarding Slash, cool to see him there but I honestly don't think WTTJ fits the movie -- at all.

It fits the plot of the movie, which is about SpongeBob and friends coming out of the water to experience the world outside the sea, with humans and all its implications.

Does anyone wanna explain to me how an 18th century pirate is living in modern times?

Also is this film meant to be a prequel to the show? The trailer makes it seem as tho spongebob and his friends have never left the water before. But in the show they've left dozens of times

And how are they breathing? The show made it clear that they need water helmets when they're in air environments

EDIT: I just realized...why am I trying to make logic out of a kid's show?

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

Kids all love sponge Bob for some reason. I don't think I can take an entire movie of him. This definately seems like the making of a new case for Axls legal team to try and block Slash's image. In one way it's good exposure for a new generation if fans, but then again, it's Sponge Bob.

How the fuck do you figure that? Axl has no legal standing whatsoever to do anything about Slash's image. Are you thinking maybe Slash is devaluing the GnR cool?

axlfat2-300x212.jpg

Slash may seem like a cartoon sometimes, but his identity isn't intellectual property belonging to anybody.

wonder if this will be another court case

Another lost lawsuit like the Activision case?

I can see the headlines now: Axl Rose Sues SpongeBob

I'd rather give the Axl camp a little more credit and assume they learned from past mistakes.

btw, of course the song doesn't really fit a cartoon movie. That's what makes it funny!

For the last 3-4 years Slash has talked about his love for SpongeBob and watching it with his boys. Check out the vid "Slash loves SpongeBob and Disney Cruises" from Conan. Pretty funny talking about how he had to go straight from rehab to a week onboard a Disney cruise. :lol:

http://clancybrown.com/slashconan

You know(even more than most parents)he must hate the thought of doing something like a Disney cruise, but cool that he sucks it up and has a good time with it for the sake of his family. Can't be easy for him to be on a boat that long in that environment given how recognizable he is. Cool that he keeps a balance, has to be healthy for him, too.

Edited by Turn_It_Up