BBF : octotapping jazz in Dubai

Don't think he cares enough about what Bumble thinks to do that. Sad how underappreciated he seems to be. I bet Axl is good to him on a personal level, but musically, if it doesn't excite him, I don't think he's going to take into consideration how technically brilliant Bumble is.

My guess is that Axl views his band members as different pieces of the Guns puzzle, so in theory, DJ can be just as important as Bumble musically, even if he's not my cup of tea as a guitar player.

sorry but gnr has never been about "octotapping jazz in dubai"

So what? what was doesn't have to limit what will come next. Axl can't reach those highs anyway. It should be different. (somewhat)

Again with the puzzle: Izzy, Slash, Duff, and Steven were different pieces of a different puzzle. The new line up with Axl can only put together a different puzzle. I like puzzles.

Besides, Bumble is a lot of things. Doesn't mean he needs to use every tool in his arsenal with Gn'R.

Edited by Rovim

There are no two sequential notes in this video that Gilby Clarke would be capable of playing.

He has nothing to do with this topic. Can I say how Slash with 1000 less notes is able to write better and more memorable solos? Or is that considered trolling?

For the fiftieth time, what a grandiose waste of talent, Axl could do sublime things with this man as his lead guitarist. I don't mind Ashba in the band when Fortus and BBF are there, cause they more than make up for the odd screw up and stupid gimmicks he has about him, his playing is passable, of course a different guitarist would improve everything but he's here for the long run and I like his solo sections and believe he'd do alright as a part of the songwriting and not the wingman. Tho from what I've heard of his solo and Sixx:am work he is quite limited and could do with taking his job as guitarist in a band the calibre of GNR more seriously. BBF leaving and Ashba staying would more or less nail the coffin of GNR ever reaching the indian summer they ought to have reached in 2011.

• Like 2

For the fiftieth time, what a grandiose waste of talent, Axl could do sublime things with this man as his lead guitarist. I don't mind Ashba in the band when Fortus and BBF are there, cause they more than make up for the odd screw up and stupid gimmicks he has about him, his playing is passable, of course a different guitarist would improve everything but he's here for the long run and I like his solo sections and believe he'd do alright as a part of the songwriting and not the wingman. Tho from what I've heard of his solo and Sixx:am work he is quite limited and could do with taking his job as guitarist in a band the calibre of GNR more seriously. BBF leaving and Ashba staying would more or less nail the coffin of GNR ever reaching the indian summer they ought to have reached in 2011.

agreed 100%

Btw thanks for using the phrase: Indian Summer, i always liked that Doors song and have not heard in ages so i just wanna listen to IS :thumbsup:

agreed 100%

Btw thanks for using the phrase: Indian Summer, i always liked that Doors song and have not heard in ages so i just wanna listen to IS :thumbsup:

Morrison Hotel is a great record all around, hell not a bad song by them.

SJ you have a valid point in the heavy rock n roll sense, DJ can spin out a few rocky tracks but I have no doubt BBF can amend his songwriting for this band, he's had plenty of time seeing what it's all about up close with the classic material if he didn't appreciate it before, which I doubt if he didn't considering his love of metal and classic rock, I believe he'd do a great job of forming some great tracks with the other guys. I dunno how versatile Ashba is cause his 6AM stuff is alright but just radio rock imo and GNR have always been a higher level than settling for that bar.