BBF : octotapping jazz in Dubai

Dj is a better songwriter and producer than BBF. Period.

Bumble is amazing as a guitar player, but could he write some heavy "GNR" songs? "GNR" ballads? Argentinian Tango and Simple Days are not GNR to me.

Game. Set. Match.

DJ wins, flawless victory.

Fatality.

Bumble is amazing as a guitar player, but could he write some heavy "GNR" songs? "GNR" ballads? Argentinian Tango and Simple Days are not GNR to me.

Game. Set. Match.

Fatality.

Toasty!

Game. Set. Match.

Fatality.

Toasty!

Good ol' times!

Game. Set. Match.

Fatality.

These are not finished songs. Bumble is quite versatile. I think Axl has the ability to take a good idea and make it Gn'R, make it way better. Bumble mentioned his next album is going to be more melodic. I'll hold judgement on this one until I get to hear the finished product.

I think BBF is an amazing guitar player of tremendous skill and versatility. I also think that DJ was not necessarily brought in for his guitar playing per se, but also as a songwriter and producer.

Ali

I think BBF is an amazing guitar player of tremendous skill and versatility. I also think that DJ was not necessarily brought in for his guitar playing per se, but also as a songwriter and producer.

Ali

The lack of releases since DJ joined the band prove otherwise. Axl wanting a replacement for Robin so they could keep on milking AFD seems more like it.

ProstituteComa

Ali

The lack of releases since DJ joined the band prove otherwise. Axl wanting a replacement for Robin so they could keep on milking AFD seems more like it.

ProstituteComa

I agree.

DR DOOM

Ali

Yes, that songwriting/production role has really payed off!

Honestly, anyone who thinks that there is a SINGLE facet of music playing/writing/recording/production that DJ is better at than Ron should be sent to Guantanamo and waterboarded.

He's better at making generic commercial radio rock. Ron has too much of a personality to make such music.

Ali

Yes, that songwriting/production role has really payed off!

Maybe it did, we don't know. DJ said he gave Axl 12 songs and he liked them. But DJ says a lot of shit.

If only Slash knew fancy tapping back in the 80s the solos on AFD would have been so much better.

Especially considering that Slash himself said that he was not technical enough to play the Paradise City solo fast enough, I guess things would be different if he could do that the way he wanted.

DJ's songwriting is nothing special or evolved, I mean CD songs follow a pretty standard formula for the most part, why the hell would DJ's services be needed if it's not for riffs and solos since his songwriting is not beyond what Axl was already doing and what I'm sure 4tus and BBF are capable of crafting for GNR too.

Edited by RandallFlagg