Going Down, Blood & Betters

I love Going Down

I love DJ Better

I like Bumble Better

I hate Blood (its a fake)

BITW is absolutely legit. If you've heard the other remix clips, it's clear they're all in the same vein and clearly the work product of Brain.

I think Bumble said BITH was a fake

I love Going Down

I love DJ Better

I like Bumble Better

I hate Blood (its a fake)

BITW is absolutely legit. If you've heard the other remix clips, it's clear they're all in the same vein and clearly the work product of Brain.

I think Bumble said BITH was a fake

BITW was also in Axl's Twitter profile for quite some time before the leak. I feel like that alone tells us what we need to know about the legitimacy of that song.

But but but but what about the Silkworms clip? I'm dying to hear the full version, as a curio. Imagine if that was a single in 01/02....

But there's no chorus in Silkworms lol. Its this weird guitar fill, like BBF is using a wah pedal or something, I have no idea. The drums sound badass though. And the lyrics were changed up a bit but easier to understand than the live 01 versions

I like "Goin' Down", but it's kind of hard to judge given the poor mix. It's closer to Tommy's solo material though, which isn't an entirely a bad thing.

"Better" is just 2 different versions, of something we heard multiple mixes/demos off in 2006/7. "Blood in the Water" is obviously just a few seconds cut out off a experiment remix of presumably "Prostitute".

I don't see how any of this counts as new music, it's not like they'd be on a new album?

Edited by AtariLegend

But but but but what about the Silkworms clip? I'm dying to hear the full version, as a curio. Imagine if that was a single in 01/02....

But there's no chorus in Silkworms lol. Its this weird guitar fill, like BBF is using a wah pedal or something, I have no idea. The drums sound badass though. And the lyrics were changed up a bit but easier to understand than the live 01 versions
Do you have an idea when the new Silkworms was recorded ?

I like Dj's "Better" so much more than I expected to. "Better Gone" had to grow on me, but it's fun. "Going Down" is the one I'm most disappointed with. It's faaar from bad and nice to hear Tommy taking the lead, but it's a tad generic sounding for what NewGNR is capable of.

In my mind, "Blood In The Water" kicks ass. It's bizarre, heavy and sounds like he's pushing the sound of GNR forward and still experimenting. Of course I want more lyrics, but eh.

What I really want is the full track of "Oh My God" with Bucket/Bumble and the full studio "Silkworms."

• Like 1

Yeah, I dunno why people hate BITW so much. It's just (potentially) a small segment of a full song taken out of context. Seems like it kinda fits in with the other CD material though.

Going Down is okay, but it doesn't seem like CD to me. It's more like what I expect the post-CD (current lineup) stuff to sound like (more conventional). Not that that's a bad thing, but if I had a preference it would be towards the more experimental side of things.

• Like 1

Do you have an idea when the new Silkworms was recorded ?
Probably when Ron did the others, its not mixed properly, its like going down where Ron is on the left and the song is on the right

In 2013, four GNR unreleased songs have been leaked, Going Down, Blood In The Water, and two version of Better.

After one year, and fresh ears, what do you think of these tracks?

I like Going Down a lot.

You missed out all the good ones?

Remember that supporters here are getting there own section.

In 2013, four GNR unreleased songs have been leaked, Going Down, Blood In The Water, and two version of Better.

After one year, and fresh ears, what do you think of these tracks?

I like Going Down a lot.

You missed out all the good ones?

Remember that supporters here are getting there own section.

Blood is all we need.

Damn us, taking the fun out of everything.

Going Down wasn't an awful song, but doesn't deserve all the hype. It's something new for a starved fan base, but on a decent album it would be a filler that most people would skip after a few listens.

Both Betters were unimpressive. No matter what they do with that song I'm not going to like it all that much.

Don't know if Blood is real, but I was intrigued by the vocals at the very least.

New album.

New album.

Maybe release a "remix" album in between the 2nd and 3rd album as a "fun" thing, but most certainly NOT as something to take the place of a regular album or to delay the release of a normal album by 3-4 years.

Remixes are usually b-sides for normal songs. Let's keep it that way.

I hope that the GnR camp is spending 100% of their energy on a new album and 0% of their energy on a remix album.