Going Down, Blood & Betters

i loved Going Down and still play it occasionally; DJ's remix of Better was alright at first but I quickly grew tired of it simply because it's the same old thing repackaged, and Ron's I never really clicked with. Blood in the Water is a joke, but it's not as miserably offensive as some people make it seem...clearly a throwaway experiment that wasn't released for a reason.

I really like Going Down, it's so catchy. Reminds me very much of an Izzy & Axl song from UYI era, would fit in really well there.

I also really like both versions of Better, as well as the original, can't decide which i like the most! I don't care what anyone says, Ashba composes some really interesting stuff and he's a good addition to the current GNR lineup.

Blood in the Water.... Just no. A CD remix album with this on it would be dreadful.

Edit: hmm Better Gone? I've heard of it, but i can't remember if I've listened to it. I must have. Can't think though! Can anyone hook me up?

Edited by OJones90

Going Down: Overall a pretty decent rock tune. Very catchy and fun. Can't wait to hear it on Axl's voice.

DJ's Better: It was... better than I expected. A good surprise.

Ron's Better: It's really just him showing his skills. Not that I bother... It sounds fantastic, I love it.

Better Gone: It's a difficult piece of music. And I like songs like that. Challenging. It has a good beat on the chorus too, by the way.

Blood In The Water: Unlike Better Gone, it's not challening. It's repetitive and boring and a gigantic piece of shit.

Now, the snippets:

New This I Love: Axl sounds fantastic. Can't wait to hear the full thing.

Silkworms: It sounds good. But with evader's version out there, it will take Axl some effort to make me impressed with that song again. Evader's version is mind blowing.

• Like 1

Dj's better is really good, if it's a sign of what he could go with gnr tracks then I'm all for it

Going down is a good track, could be played live in the encore or insted of motivation or whatever cover he's into

Bumbles better is cool, like it a lot !

I dont find the new TIL, where is? in internet? and Better Gone?? i want hear this songs! someone has the songs??

The only new TIL I heard, was a little snippet in the leaks late last year. Better Gone is, as far as I know, a kind of remix of Better. It's not that hard to find, as even I have found it some time last year.

• Like 1

I actually really like Going Down. Great song, even if Axl isn't on it much.

Don't care about blood in the water (its terrible)

The Better's were cool

None of it is a substitute for new music, though. Its a year later and we all forgot about last year's leaks.

I listen to Blood in the Water and Better Gone like once a week. About the little snippets, I think they're great but as far as they're snippets I only heard them back then but not anymore. Only silkworms and new TIL from time to time. I love Going Down and listen to it almost on a daily basis. Same with the other versions of Better, I feel them as a great complement to the original one

Listened to the remix of better today. Not sure if it was Bumble or DJ. Doesn't matter. It sucked big time. I'm a big fan of Going Down. It's catchy. I like the BITW leak. Yeah, lyric snippet is weak but I like the music a lot. I don't hear any "prostitute" in that. Makes me think it's a new song rather than a remix.

Going Down, Blood, & Betters

what I like of this bunch is Blood in the Water. Blood is intriguing and cool. yeah. it sounds like prostitute. but if i forget prostitute was recorded and released - Blood is a pretty fucking awesome guns song!

I can't wait to hear Blood on proper CD form if Axl releases the CD remix CD with lots of Blood!

Edited by pockets

Really loved Going Down, but then I'm a huge fan of Tommy's stuff outside GN'R so I'm not surprised. The song wouldn't look out of place on his solo records. I'm probably in the minority but I'd rather Tommy remains the main vocalist in the song. In the unlikely event that it does ever end up on a record it would help promote the members other than Axl, plus live it would give Axl a break and it'd still be a GN'R song rather than a solo song or a cover.

Going down was good not great, but could make a good track. I like a more simplistic approach. Blood in the water really can't be judged since we don't have a complete song to listen too. At this point it sounds like someone just looped the same verse together. As far as better remixes, I really hope that they do not spend any more time, effort or money rehashing songs that are 10 yrs old and already overworked. All future efforts should be on new material only.