Going Down, Blood & Betters

In 2013, four GNR unreleased songs have been leaked, Going Down, Blood In The Water, and two version of Better.

After one year, and fresh ears, what do you think of these tracks?

I like Going Down a lot.

Going Down is great and would be a fantastic track.... on a Tommy Stinson solo record. With the rest I've heard from new-GnR it just... falls out of line. That said I really do like it. I love Tommy's solo work and to me it just feels like one of those songs rather than a GnR song.

Blood In The Water is crap. The Better remixes.... just never bothered with them anymore.

• Like 1

Going Down was alright at first, but I haven't listened to it much since because it's not anything really special or memorable. Blood in the Water was ridiculously repetitve and awful. And from what I remember about the two Betters, they weren't that great nor memorable.

Blood in the Water is another example of how bad GNR sounds when mixed with electronic elements that have nothing to do with essence of the band. It's bad, boring, repetitive and cringeworthy. I love Brain but he did a terrible job with BITW.

Still like Going Down. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like the small chunk of Blood in the Water that we've heard. Keep in mind that it's basically a 30-40 second chunk that is looped over top of beats and sounds from Prostitute and another song or two. It's not the full version of the real BITW, if such a thing even exists. It's impossible to know for sure, since we are talking about a band that does not release music.

I like Going Down, but haven't listened to it much this year. I'm interested in hearing the (supposed) version with Axl singing lead (if it ever gets released).

DJ's version of Better was kinda interesting for a few days but I haven't listened to it pretty much since it leaked. Same with Bumble's version. I like BBFs version better, but it sucks that both versions just pasted the vocals from the record on top. I know they were just quick "remixes", but still, you'd think there might be some more vocal takes available that'd suite an acoustic version...

BITW doesn't exist as far as I care. I've listened to Evaders BITW/Rearview remix way more. Evader actually just did a better job in general (and could only work with the original 45 sec leak + multitracks).

But but but but what about the Silkworms clip? I'm dying to hear the full version, as a curio. Imagine if that was a single in 01/02....

Fuck Silkworms. New TIL is :drool:

In 2013, four GNR unreleased songs have been leaked, Going Down, Blood In The Water, and two version of Better.

After one year, and fresh ears, what do you think of these tracks?

I like Going Down a lot.

Going Down starts good, overall a good song, but Tommy's voice is pretty mediocre for my taste

Better DJ: sounded ok, nothing special. Axl's vocals works ell with the slower tempo

Better Ron: Ron plays very, very good, but i like Better Gone a bit better

Blood in The Water: Brain's remixing skills are poor, i've known some guys in their late teens who make/produce better remixes... I'm not close minded relating the remix albums, but this is not the direction i want to hear under the GNR name. Anyway Axl's vocals sounds good (even this small piece) the solo is cool

But but but but what about the Silkworms clip? I'm dying to hear the full version, as a curio. Imagine if that was a single in 01/02....

Then Silkworms would fail miserably under the GNR name sorry. Even n 2001 or 2002 the world could be laught at Axl if he choose that track as a single. I'm not even sure that song is properly recorded in full form btw. OMG is 100 times better although i'm not a big fan of that song

and yeah New 2010 vocals TIL would be killer. That is the only re-recorded CD song that i want to hear someday. The other remixes/whatevers doesn't bother me too much

Someone should (P)oint (M)e in the right direction to listen to the new TIL and silkworms.

No full tracks leaked, just one track with small snippets of a handfull of remix tracks plus Silkworms and re-recorded guitar OMG 10 sec. snippet

Nothing special really. TIL is the only one that would be interesting really

Edited by Crash Diet