Ask staff

UK SUBS

Can we finally do away with the stupid-ass like limit? It's never been more than an annoyance.

They have the ability to give us a 100,000 like limit if they choose.
I'd like this post if I could.

I liked it for you. I never reach my quota. (Only once, I think, in the Vegas frenzy.)

I liked it for you. I never reach my quota. (Only once, I think, in the Vegas frenzy.)

I rarely reached my quota even when I had 5 a day. I hated the idea at first, but now I find them interesting from a sociological perspective. I think some people use them to cupcake, but others don't, and it's occasionally surprising to see what opinions people actually agree with.

I rarely reached my quota even when I had 5 a day. I hated the idea at first, but now I find them interesting from a sociological perspective. I think some people use them to cupcake, but others don't, and it's occasionally surprising to see what opinions people actually agree with.

I do like them. It's an easy way to say you agree, thank someone for an answer they've given you, or find something funny without making an extra post. If someone wants to use them to cupcake, that's their problem. It doesn't annoy me. So I wouldn't mind if there was an unlimited amount of likes. I wouldn't like more posts than I do now anyway. I don't know if there are a lot of posters that run out of likes, but I don't think it would make a huge difference.

Before "like" we actually responded with real words. Imagine that.

"+1" isn't much for real words.

Let's not forget the never-ending chains of

"+1" isn't much for real words.Let's not forget the never-ending chains of

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I never did the "+1" thing or the "this" thing or the "agree" thing. That's lame.

If people agree (or disagree) then take a minute and explain why. FFS if people are too lazy on the internet, there's no hope.

• Like 3

I never did the "+1" thing or the "this" thing or the "agree" thing. That's lame.

If people agree (or disagree) then take a minute and explain why. FFS if people are too lazy on the internet, there's no hope.

I wasn't accusing you of doing it. There's just no denying how widespread it was. The vast majority of my likes go to posts I find funny where I have absolutely no need to add anything to the conversation. The rest of them go to people that prove me wrong in some way or teach me something new, and they get a response each and every time.

I think if you agree with someone, there's often no need to explain. Plus, not everyone is as good with words as others are. If someone else can write my opinion in a much more eloquent way than I can, I'll just like the post.

What annoys me more, is people calling out their favourite poster in a random post.

• Like 2

Can we finally do away with the stupid-ass like limit? It's never been more than an annoyance.

I want to donate my like quota to DS. I have never used it and never will.

I admire you for that. I swore I wasn't going to use it when it first started too but I folded and am sitting here whining about not having enough. You actually stuck with it.
  • Like 1

+1

;)

• Like 2

I love the 'like' system. I say what I think, yet I enjoy reading everyone's comments too. I like to express my feelings by clicking 'like' on their comments. Some things I find funny and click like on. Some I agree with and like. I can still write what I think and express my feelings with a like. Like this!

• Like 2

The rest of them go to people that prove me wrong in some way or teach me something new, and they get a response each and every time.

WHAT!? I thought you knew everything already!

:P

You've never even been tempted?

You've agreed with things I've said, and getting feedback like "Good Post" and a little blurb why isn't a bad thing. It's nice actually. That's how we used to do things in the olden days. Before the forum became everyone's facebook page.

• Like 2

The rest of them go to people that prove me wrong in some way or teach me something new, and they get a response each and every time.

WHAT!? I thought you knew everything already!

:P

You've never even been tempted?

You've agreed with things I've said, and getting feedback like "Good Post" and a little blurb why isn't a bad thing. It's nice actually. That's how we used to do things in the olden days. Before the forum became everyone's facebook page.

Nearly everything. I am one small step away from omnipotence. One very small step.

• Like 1