Goodbye Ron (???)

Who cares? What has he contributed other than playing other people's shit. If his shit was any good, there'd be another album after 8 years in the band.

It's what he COULD'VE/MIGHT contribute that is the latent issue... just like Bucket and Finck being allowed to slink away after having given impressive as hell parts/solos to Axl tracks and MAYBE things to tracks wasting away in the fabled Axl vault. Watch this Bumblefoot guy's guitar clinics and solo tracks, firstly he knows the absolute shit out of rock/metal, he can play and even sing very passable renditions of most classics, his solo work is intriguing if nothing else... he is responsible for most of the meaningful and insightful fan interaction/band progression livewise and best interests of GNR continuing as an active entity... plus his always competent performances of the material... he is clearly as much of a dent as Buckethead in the GNR universe.

If you say so. I will grant you he is the most fan friendly member of the band. But potential and passable renditions do jack for me.

But his bluesy Shackler's solo showed potential. BOOOO....WEEEEENK! TANANANANANA WHEMWHEMWEHMWHEM

Shackler's is among my least favorite songs on the album; along with all the weepy Stephanie ballads and Prostitute. Personally, I think Axl's prostituting himself and the the GnR brand by calling his current band guns n roses but that's only my opinion.

^ Awesome :lol:

I hope Fontus is also gone. GNR can be a one guitar band like Slash always wanted. But with DJ Ashba.

:lol: I'd attend this concert just for the :lol::lol::lol:

Can you imagine the amount of "Living the dream" moments?

Yes, this show would be the best comedy show in a while :lol:

^ Awesome :lol:

I hope Fontus is also gone. GNR can be a one guitar band like Slash always wanted. But with DJ Ashba.

:lol: I'd attend this concert just for the :lol: :lol: :lol:

If a GN'R show with Ashba as the sole lead guitarist would be a trainwreck then god knows what a GN'R show with Ashba as the sole guitarist full stop would be like! :lol:

Now that I think about it... I'm not laughing anymore as it would be scary. It definitely creeps me out.

If you say so. I will grant you he is the most fan friendly member of the band. But potential and passable renditions do jack for me.

But his bluesy Shackler's solo showed potential. BOOOO....WEEEEENK! TANANANANANA WHEMWHEMWEHMWHEM

Shackler's is among my least favorite songs on the album; along with all the weepy Stephanie ballads and Prostitute. Personally, I think Axl's prostituting himself and the the GnR brand by calling his current band guns n roses but that's only my opinion.

Weepy Stephanie Seymour ballads is a genre Axl invented. It's the heart of the new Guns sound. You can do so much with it: mix some Nine Inch Nails with seymour weeping, and VOILA! you've got Better motherfucker.

Incorporate a lonely tear with some KFC shred and a vaulted Paul and BAM! TWAT is ready to eat!

What's your favorite Chinese tune? I like Catcher. :wub:

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Weepy Stephanie Seymour ballads is a genre Axl invented. It's the heart of the new Guns sound. You can do so much with it: mix some Nine Inch Nails with seymour weeping, and VOILA! you've got Better motherfucker.

Incorporate a lonely tear with some KFC shred and a vaulted Paul and BAM! TWAT is ready to eat!

Scraped....I like angry axl, not crying axl.....and your take on better, twat and the general commentary on their sound are hysterical

Edited by jmapelian

Scraped....I like angry axl, not crying axl

Scraped is angry Axl? :no:

I would say both sorry and shacklers are angrier Axl than scraped. But thats just me.....

I would say both sorry and shacklers are angrier Axl than scraped. But thats just me.....

maybe it is......but I never got into Shacklers.....rovim asked for my favorite, not favorites -- sorry, democracy, IRS are also among my favorites

• Like 1

Thread needs more

bumble_fail.gif

From this moment on I knew we were in for a terrible terrible night. I mean, when even Ron fucks up...

Terrible night? That was one of the most entertaining nights here ever.

I look back and laugh at it now of course, but at that time, to watch Axl ridicule himself in front of thousands of fans + tv/internet was really really sad as a die hard fan, which I was til that night.

Thread needs more

bumble_fail.gif

From this moment on I knew we were in for a terrible terrible night. I mean, when even Ron fucks up...

I look back and laugh at it now of course, but at that time, to watch Axl ridicule himself in front of thousands of fans + tv/internet was really really sad as a die hard fan, which I was til that night.

Only been topped by Golden Gods for best forum night ever for me. Wasn't anywhere near as bad as the VMA's but it was 10 times funnier.

Thread needs more

bumble_fail.gif

Only been topped by Golden Gods for best forum night ever for me. Wasn't anywhere near as bad as the VMA's but it was 10 times funnier.

Golden gods was so funny