Goodbye Ron (???)

Someone needs to come out and officially say what's happening

GNR post-1996's best talent is keeping fans in the dark and/or speaking about things that don't come to fruition. Why stop doing the thing you do best? ;)

Imagine what this guy could achieve with Axl and the other guys chipping in... he lost Slash, Izzy, Bucket, Finck now seems to be on the verge or already losing bbf who has made it quite clear repeatedly he feels confident enough to transform GNR from the CD era... but Axl hesitates again and again... it's appalling but what can ya do, can't expect these players to wait around for him to find some inspiration.

• Like 1

Imagine what this guy could achieve with Axl and the other guys chipping in... he lost Slash, Izzy, Bucket, Finck now seems to be on the verge or already losing bbf who has made it quite clear repeatedly he feels confident enough to transform GNR from the CD era... but Axl hesitates again and again... it's appalling but what can ya do, can't expect these players to wait around for him to find some inspiration.

i doing it! Bumble said he wanted to go in a more melodic direction with his Queenmetal-ish Zappa thang, Fortus could bring the classic rock power, and DJ's emo swag. Tommy is cool enough to let Duff do 2 or 3 songs. Not just come up with bass lines, but also help with arrangements which he's great at imo.

Pitman could provide Tool landscapes to the serious numbers, and epic flickery wemb wembs for the fresh James Bond themes. Dizzy will hopefully drink enough redbull to write a Bowie inspired tune, and then Axl will bring the house down with something on the scale of Catcher.

For Chinese he had Finck and Bucket. Without them, no Better and There Was A Time. I think Fortus and Bumble could come up with a very sleazy yet modern sound for Axl to play with and create something at least close to that quality. You release The Huge on that shit, and bam! you've got yourself a self titled album ready to go.

Awww... it's fun to get lost in your imagination. Probably only in my wild assed dreams.

Edited by Rovim

BF should maybe make a solo album, and ask Axl to guest on a song. Then maybe, we'd see where BF wanted to take the GN'R name..

Should Axl release a new album, I wanna hear more of the unreleased Buckethead music..

Bottom line is, without Slash, GN'R will always have 40% missing.. of what made it what it once was..

Edited by star

Axl is such a huge talent and iconic singer, I think most musicians would jump at the chance to work with him. Unfortunately....................well, we know what then happens after they join the band.

Seriously? So, like, Kirk Hammett would leave Metallica for the chance to work with Axl? Matthew Bellamy would leave Muse? Edge would leave U2? All for the chance to work with Axl?

Hello, new to this forum. Did you just sneak the guy from Muse onto a list with Kirk Hammett and The Edge?

Axl is such a huge talent and iconic singer, I think most musicians would jump at the chance to work with him. Unfortunately....................well, we know what then happens after they join the band.

Seriously? So, like, Kirk Hammett would leave Metallica for the chance to work with Axl? Matthew Bellamy would leave Muse? Edge would leave U2? All for the chance to work with Axl?

Hello, new to this forum. Did you just sneak the guy from Muse onto a list with Kirk Hammett and The Edge?

Well he is better than both of them.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Meh, not that bothered by the lack of an announcement if indeed BBF is no longer with the band. It's not like they're scheduled to play anywhere anytime soon. Probably a better move to wait until a replacement has been chosen or a gig has been booked before making a statement. At least that way the band will look like it's moving on rather than just a "Ron's left, that's all" kind of statement.

Meh, not that bothered by the lack of an announcement if indeed BBF is no longer with the band. It's not like they're scheduled to play anywhere anytime soon. Probably a better move to wait until a replacement has been chosen or a gig has been booked before making a statement. At least that way the band will look like it's moving on rather than just a "Ron's left, that's all" kind of statement.

But it's just an indication of how this band operates: there is no improvement. The fans are being left out. And as a fan of Bumble, I know how open he is with fans. So using my limited deduction skills, I can only come to the conclusion they told him to shut it. Shut his whore mouth. I'm using the word "whore" cause that's what they've made of him imo. And he really wasn't that guy. If it's nothing, then fuckin' say it. "Bumble is still in the band, everything is hunky dory." But this kind of silence is worrying, at least for people that want Bumble to stay in Guns. I don't think what I'm asking here is too much or unreasonable.

Edited by Rovim

But it's just an indication of how this band operates: there is no improvement. The fans are being left out. And as a fan of Bumble, I know how open he is with fans. So using my limited deduction skills, I can only come to the conclusion they told him to shut it. Shut his whore mouth. I'm using the word "whore" cause that's what they've made of him imo. And he really wasn't that guy. If it's nothing, then fuckin' say it. "Bumble is still in the band, everything is hunky dory." But this kind of silence is worrying, at least for people that want Bumble to stay in Guns. I don't think what I'm asking here is too much or unreasonable.

You're speaking as though you're unaware of how this band has operated for the past 20 years or so. Secrecy has always been been the band's modus operandi. It's very unlikely that they will ever improve on that front.

Also, you're assuming that GNR is telling Bumble to remain quiet on his rumoured departure. BBF could have his own reasons for staying mum. For one thing, the uncertainty regarding his present ties to GNR might bring greater attention to his new album. So who really knows. There also could have been a confidentially clause in BBF's contract with GNR that prohibits him from commenting on his status with GNR for a certain period of time. If that were the case, then it's really on BBF for agreeing to the contract.

As for making BBF into a whore, come on. He's a grown man who is free to make his own decisions. Nobody put a gun to his head on any decision relating to GNR.

Again, I state this with absolutely no knowledge of whether the man is still a member of the band and why, if he isn't, it hasn't been announced. But I think making any judgements on the matter now is a hasty proposition considering how little we know.

You're speaking as though you're unaware of how this band has operated for the past 20 years or so. Secrecy has always been been the band's modus operandi. It's very unlikely that they will ever improve on that front.

Also, you're assuming that GNR is telling Bumble to remain quiet on his rumoured departure. BBF could have his own reasons for staying mum. For one thing, the uncertainty regarding his present ties to GNR might bring greater attention to his new album. So who really knows. There also could have been a confidentially clause in BBF's contract with GNR that prohibits him from commenting on his status with GNR for a certain period of time. If that were the case, then it's really on BBF for agreeing to the contract.

As for making BBF into a whore, come on. He's a grown man who is free to make his own decisions. Nobody put a gun to his head on any decision relating to GNR.

Again, I state this with absolutely no knowledge of whether the man is still a member of the band and why, if he isn't, it hasn't been announced. But I think making any judgements on the matter now is a hasty proposition considering how little we know.

I did say there is no improvement. And old Guns didn't operate in that way, and almost no band today does. Secrecy is lunacy in this case. What's the big fuckin' deal here? just confirm if Bumble is still in the band. I shouldn't have to assume. I want to know what the fuck is going on. It's not too much to ask for, like I've said earlier.

And Bumble won't keep the fans hanging just so his album will sell more copies imo. No one knows. That's the point: we're being left in the dark, as always. And my shut up comment was me saying what you've said: contracts to keep his mouth shut. That's insane. He's a grown ass man but they treat him like a child. Nobody put a gun to his head, but that doesn't make TB's way of doing things or Axl's any less insane.

We know so little, cause that's how Axl and TB choose to handle the situation. It's lame and unprofessionall imo. It's not hasty, it's a completely valid complaint.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

I did say there is no improvement. And old Guns didn't operate in that way, and almost no band today does. Secrecy is lunacy in this case. What's the big fuckin' deal here? just confirm if Bumble is still in the band. I shouldn't have to assume. I want to know what the fuck is going on. It's not too much to ask for, like I've said earlier.

And Bumble won't keep the fans hanging just so his album sells more copies imo. No one knows. That's the point: we're being left in the dark, as always. And my shut up comment was me saying what you've said: contracts to keep his mouth shut. That's insane. He's a grown ass man but they treat him like a child. Nobody put a gun to his head, but that doesn't make TB's way of doing things or Axl's is any less insane.

We know so little, cause that's how Axl and TB choose to handle the situation. It's lame and unprofessionall imo. It's not hasty, it's a completely valid complaint.

Personally, I don't really care if Ron is in or out of the band until GNR starts doing something again. What difference does it make to you personally? I would agree that you should be aware if you're about to buy (or already have) tickets to an upcoming GNR concert, since you'd like to know how you're seeing on stage, but we're likely ways off from that.

Again, I completely disagree that they treat him like a child. An employee, certainly, but let's not get hyperbolic with child references. Moreover, if you look at GNR more as a business than as a band, I would argue the opposite, that they are being completely professional. Business have employees sign confidentially agreements all the time. It's fairly standard in the adult world.

And you don't think there's a financial incentive for Ron to keep up the GNR appearances in the midst of releasing a solo album? Really? I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but if I were Ron and I were releasing a solo album I'd want as much publicity as I could. If he truly is out the door, I can see why not clearing up the matter helps his bottom line.

And Bumble won't keep the fans hanging just so his album sells more copies imo. No one knows. That's the point: we're being left in the dark, as always. And my shut up comment was me saying what you've said: contracts to keep his mouth shut. That's insane. He's a grown ass man but they treat him like a child. Nobody put a gun to his head, but that doesn't make TB's way of doing things or Axl's is any less insane.

Personally, I don't really care if Ron is in or out of the band until GNR starts doing something again. What difference does it make to you personally? I would agree that you should be aware if you're about to buy (or already have) tickets to an upcoming GNR concert, since you'd like to know how you're seeing on stage, but we're likely ways off from that.

Again, I completely disagree that they treat him like a child. An employee, certainly, but let's not get hyperbolic with child references. Moreover, if you look at GNR more as a business than as a band, I would argue the opposite, that they are being completely professional. Business have employees sign confidentially agreements all the time. It's fairly standard in the adult world.

And you don't think there's a financial incentive for Ron to keep up the GNR appearances in the midst of releasing a solo album? Really? I'm not saying that's what's happening here, but if I were Ron and I were releasing a solo album I'd want as much publicity as I could. If he truly is out the door, I can see why not clearing up the matter helps his bottom line.

Yeah, I could tell you don't care if Bumble is in or out. That's fine. But how can you not understand what difference it makes to me? I want him in the band. I want to know there is still a chance for me to see him live, and maybe even...you know put his mark in the studio (lmao)

I think they treat him like a child cause they don't trust him enough to represent the band publicly after 8 fuckin' years in the band. Nothing is fairly standard in shutting him up so he can't even say if he's in the band or not.

Even if it is a business, we're not talking about building secret weapons or some shit. Look at the modern way most bands interact with their fans: they give updates about so much shit. To know which members are in the band is crucial for the fans imo, and should be a right of every fan. Can't believe I have to explain this.

And of course I think there is a financial incentive for Ron, but I've been of fan of his for many years now, and I don't think that's the case here. Just my guess based on his actions in the past.

Edited by Rovim

Yeah, I could tell you don't care if Bumble is in or out. That's fine. But how can you not understand what difference it makes to me? I want him in the band. I want to know there is still a chance for me to see him live, and maybe even...you know put his mark in the studio (lmao)

What does it matter if you know now or in a month or two? If GNR isn't doing anything at the present moment, I don't see the point of making it known until they have a replacement or figure out what they're going to do. Again, welcome to disagree on that point.

I think they treat him like a child cause they don't trust him enough to represent the band publicly after 8 fuckin' years in the band. Nothing is fairly standard in shutting him up so he can't even say if he's in the band or not.

I wouldn't say that. Ron has given many interviews for GNR over the years.

Even if it is a business, we're not talking about building secret weapons or some shit. Look at the modern way most bands interact with their fans: they give updates about so much shit. To know which members are in the band is crucial for the fans imo, and should be a right of every fan. Can't believe I have to explain this.

And GNR has never been one of those bands. Trust me, I wish they were, but I gave up on that years ago. But is it really crucial for fans to know about who is in a band when the band isn't even active at the present time? Are you really losing sleep over this?

What does it matter if you know now or in a month or two? If GNR isn't doing anything at the present moment, I don't see the point of making it known until they have a replacement or figure out what they're going to do. Again, welcome to disagree on that point.

I wouldn't say that. Ron has given many interviews for GNR over the years.

And GNR has never been one of those bands. Trust me, I wish they were, but I gave up on that years ago. But is it really crucial for fans to know about who is in a band when the band isn't even active at the present time? Are you really losing sleep over this?

It matters, cause it's been like more then a month now since the rumors began? or at least about a month, more or less. It matters cause there's a certain way of doing things, and it matters cause I'm a hardcore new Guns fan, and I'd like to know where we stand as fans. Don't think that's as crazy as how TB and Axl choose to deal with whatever the fuck it is they're dealing with right now.

About Ron's intereviews: yeah, I'm aware. Read all of them. Nothing about him still being in the band or not. That's what I meant with them treating him like a child comment. (if, in fact, they've told him not to say anything about it)

Crucial? well...it's not a matter of life and death for me, no. But as a fan (fanatic) when it comes to new Guns, yes, it is important to know who's in the band! come on...how is that not a reasonable request? even if you're a fan of a band like new Guns. It's reasonable.

Your comment about me losing sleep over it is kinda shitty but whatever. It's not about me, it's about how little we get as fans and how poorly we're treated by the Guns camp.

Edited by Rovim