Goodbye Ron (???)

It sucks that this is the most posted topic on the forum right now. We should be talking about an upcoming album.

I love Ron, he seems like an awesome guy and is a great guitar player.

But at the end of the day.....how relevant is this news? First off, we have no idea. Second, the dude won't even give his fans any information - lame. Third, he is ONE guitar player of three in a band that goes through guitar players like Lindsay Lohan goes through cocaine. T

GnR is the Axl Rose show. If Ron leaves (and I hope he doesn't) it isn't the end of the world. Axl will just hire yet another guitar player to take his place and it will be business as usual. Fans go to GnR shows to see Axl - not one of the other 18 band members. The Beta and Fernando might call it "their" band, and all the current musicians are great at what they do...........but this is the Axl Rose show and he is why all of us are here.

• Like 3

It sucks that this is the most posted topic on the forum right now. We should be talking about an upcoming album.

But at the end of the day.....how relevant is this news? First off, we have no idea. Second, the dude won't even give his fans any information - lame. Third, he is ONE guitar player of three in a band that goes through guitar players like Lindsay Lohan goes through cocaine. T

GnR is the Axl Rose show. If Ron leaves (and I hope he doesn't) it isn't the end of the world. Axl will just hire yet another guitar player to take his place and it will be business as usual. Fans go to GnR shows to see Axl - not one of the other 18 band members. The Beta and Fernando might call it "their" band, and all the current musicians are great at what they do...........but this is the Axl Rose show and he is why all of us are here.

Oh Groghan. Are you really complaining about Bumble not giving the fans any info? for fuck's sake man! he was the ONLY one who gave credible info for a long fuckin' time. I'm a fan of Bumble, and I can tell you that if he's able to give info to Guns fans, he will. Maybe his hands are tied right now. We don't know enough to blame him for not doing/saying enough. Give him the benefit of the doubt. Could be a bunch of reasons why he's not really talking about it right now.

And Bumble is important for Guns imo. If he'll leave, It will hurt the band, maybe not kill the whole thing, but it will hurt it. The chemistry that was built with Ron in the band, everything he brings to Guns... he's a unique person and a unique musician. He's been in the band for eight years, and I for one, don't want to see him gone.

I want him to make a choice. Maybe he already did, maybe they're trying to work shit out, maybe a bunch of million other shit reasons. But don't underestimate what he did and what he brings to the table. It's not his fault Axl doesn't use him as he should in the studio, and doesn't give him the position he earned. That man gave so much to this band and it's fans, and we're lucky to have him. I just hope we didn't lose him already and we just don't know it yet.

Maybe your frustration should be directed at other people. Not the man who fuckin' toured and toured just to keep this thing going when he was in terrible physical pain. He already proved he takes this shit seriously and paid his dues. Just sayin'.

Edited by Rovim

Hence the reasons I said he was awesome and hoped he wouldn't leave.

But, we have no idea what kind of music he could create under the GnR name - That is on Axl, not BBF. But finding a guitar player who can shred over GnR songs isn't that difficult of a task. That's all I was saying. Losing him would suck, but we don't know for sure that he isn't irreplaceable, simply because we haven't heard a GnR song written by Ron and Axl.

No disrespect to Ron at all. But I've got a good friend who plays in a cover band and shreds all over the classic rock songs (van halen, gnr, metallica, etc) and plays anything that Satriani puts out. In terms of covering the old GnR song, my buddy could step in next week and tour with GnR and they wouldn't miss a beat. BUT could he write a magical song for the band? I don't know. Just like I don't know if Ron could. Because Axl apparently hasn't chosen to give him the chance - which is a real crime.

I like Ron, seems like the most honest and real guy in the entire band. He is a great player, likes to be productive musically, and is probably the only guy in the band who would have a beer and chat with one of us if we randomly ran into him at a bar. And I hope he doesn't leave.

But like I said. Let's not kid ourselves. GnR is Axl Rose. Everybody else is replaceable. If Slash, Izzy and Duff can be replaced - then so can Ron or Tommy or DJ or Richard.

Hence the reasons I said he was awesome and hoped he wouldn't leave.

But, we have no idea what kind of music he could create under the GnR name - That is on Axl, not BBF. But finding a guitar player who can shred over GnR songs isn't that difficult of a task. That's all I was saying. Losing him would suck, but we don't know for sure that he isn't irreplaceable, simply because we haven't heard a GnR song written by Ron and Axl.

No disrespect to Ron at all. But I've got a good friend who plays in a cover band and shreds all over the classic rock songs (van halen, gnr, metallica, etc) and plays anything that Satriani puts out. In terms of covering the old GnR song, my buddy could step in next week and tour with GnR and they wouldn't miss a beat. BUT could he write a magical song for the band? I don't know. Just like I don't know if Ron could. Because Axl apparently hasn't chosen to give him the chance - which is a real crime.

I like Ron, seems like the most honest and real guy in the entire band. He is a great player, likes to be productive musically, and is probably the only guy in the band who would have a beer and chat with one of us if we randomly ran into him at a bar. And I hope he doesn't leave.

But like I said. Let's not kid ourselves. GnR is Axl Rose. Everybody else is replaceable. If Slash, Izzy and Duff can be replaced - then so can Ron or Tommy or DJ or Richard.

Axl Rose doesn't play all the instruments. Axl Rose didn't write every note of every song on Chinese either. The character, chemistry, image, and sound of the band will change if Bumble will leave. That's all I'M saying.

Rovin - I agree.

IMO, as long as Axl Rose is the one running the show and writing most of the songs - it doesn't really matter who else is in the band. I don't think GnR has ever had the same line-up for back-to-back records since they started. And even the band touring now isn't the same band that wrote/created and released Chinese Democracy.

I don't personally know what the sound of this band is, as they haven't released music yet. Character/chemistry/image means nothing to me in terms of a band. I'm here for the music - couldn't care less if the guys like each other or how they "look" on stage.

NOT trying to argue with you at all. I hope Ron doesn't leave.

But for me personally, as long as Axl is running the show, I don't really care who else is in the band. The players are very replaceable. Axl is the only one who isn't. And I hope someday we get to hear what kind of music Axl created with Ron/DJ. I'm sure it will be fantastic.

Rovin - I agree.

IMO, as long as Axl Rose is the one running the show and writing most of the songs - it doesn't really matter who else is in the band. I don't think GnR has ever had the same line-up for back-to-back records since they started. And even the band touring now isn't the same band that wrote/created and released Chinese Democracy.

I don't personally know what the sound of this band is, as they haven't released music yet. Character/chemistry/image means nothing to me in terms of a band. I'm here for the music - couldn't care less if the guys like each other or how they "look" on stage.

NOT trying to argue with you at all. I hope Ron doesn't leave.

But for me personally, as long as Axl is running the show, I don't really care who else is in the band. The players are very replaceable. Axl is the only one who isn't. And I hope someday we get to hear what kind of music Axl created with Ron/DJ. I'm sure it will be fantastic.

The world doesn't care about new Guns. I'm talking about us, the hardcore fans. I don't give a fuck about image, but that will change too if Ron will leave. Look: maybe you care more about the singer, like many others, but Guns was always a guitar based group. It's what drives this shit.

I agree that we don't really know the sound of this band, but take Robin's departure for example: Now, did that change the band? yes, it did. In more then one way. Did it kill new Guns? No, but now what we'll PROBABLY get from DJ, if we ever get fresh music from this line up, is something along the line of Ballad Of Death, not Better. Just take a listen to DJ's take on Better, that studio leak. Yeah. There's a change there, don't you agree?

Same with Bucket. Same with Bumble. Get what I mean? Of course Axl is running the show. This is not a democracy, but it's like in a battlefield, or a sports team: the leader is the leader, he's more important in some ways compared to some of his soldiers or team mates, but every human being is a factor. In our case, Axl is MUCH more important then Bumble for example, but Bumble is pretty fuckin' important, even if he is replaceable. Everyone is replaceable in this world, but the world changes accordingly. It's not like you get the same "product", band, or outcome. I hope I've made myself clear, and btw, it's hard for me to express myself in text without sounding like a douche here, but it's me talking about something I feel strongly about, nothing personal heh.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

THIS

This is just too funny :rofl-lol: time to send a fax to MTV, Axl :rofl-lol:

Oh wait, you need permission from the Beta :rofl-lol: most dangerous band in the world

We gotta call the president

Gotta call, a Private eye

Gotta call the IRS

Gotta get ourselves the FBI.

WTF? :lol:

The signs were there. Don't you remember his disturbing fuck Estranged comments? He threatened the internet he'll take a cantaloupe, write "Estranged" on it, and fuck it.

He must like Fruity Fucks.