Goodbye Ron (???)

Yeah, I could tell you don't care if Bumble is in or out. That's fine. But how can you not understand what difference it makes to me? I want him in the band. I want to know there is still a chance for me to see him live, and maybe even...you know put his mark in the studio (lmao)

What does it matter if you know now or in a month or two? If GNR isn't doing anything at the present moment, I don't see the point of making it known until they have a replacement or figure out what they're going to do. Again, welcome to disagree on that point.

I think they treat him like a child cause they don't trust him enough to represent the band publicly after 8 fuckin' years in the band. Nothing is fairly standard in shutting him up so he can't even say if he's in the band or not.

I wouldn't say that. Ron has given many interviews for GNR over the years.

Even if it is a business, we're not talking about building secret weapons or some shit. Look at the modern way most bands interact with their fans: they give updates about so much shit. To know which members are in the band is crucial for the fans imo, and should be a right of every fan. Can't believe I have to explain this.

And GNR has never been one of those bands. Trust me, I wish they were, but I gave up on that years ago. But is it really crucial for fans to know about who is in a band when the band isn't even active at the present time? Are you really losing sleep over this?

It matters, cause it's been like more then a month now since the rumors began? or at least about a month, more or less. It matters cause there's a certain way of doing things, and it matters cause I'm a hardcore new Guns fan, and I'd like to know where we stand as fans. Don't think that's as crazy as how TB and Axl choose to deal with whatever the fuck it is they're dealing with right now.

About Ron's intereviews: yeah, I'm aware. Read all of them. Nothing about him still being in the band or not. That's what I meant with them treating him like a child comment. (if, in fact, they've told him not to say anything about it)

Crucial? well...it's not a matter of life and death for me, no. But as a fan (fanatic) when it comes to new Guns, yes, it is important to know who's in the band! come on...how is that not a reasonable request? even if you're a fan of a band like new Guns. It's reasonable.

Your comment about me losing sleep over it is kinda shitty but whatever. It's not about me, it's about how little we get as fans and how poorly we're treated by the Guns camp.

Look, Lord knows I've had my own opinions on how the band should and should not treat fans. But knowing who is in and out of the band when rumours come to light isn't one of them. If the band was playing in the next few weeks then I would absolutely agree with you that the band ought to address the rumours. But what's the rush?

Maybe the band doesn't even know. Maybe they're waiting on Ron to come around? Maybe they think they can get him back if he's informed them of his departure (kind of like what happened with Bucket)? Maybe they'd rather wait until they have a replacement before making an announcement?

I could be wrong, but didn't they follow the same procedure when Robin left? I'm fairly certain we didn't know whether Robin was still in the band until they announced that DJ was joining.

Also, you do realize that in one post you claimed you'd like to know because you're a hardcore fan but at the same time state that this need to know is not about you.

Yeah, I could tell you don't care if Bumble is in or out. That's fine. But how can you not understand what difference it makes to me? I want him in the band. I want to know there is still a chance for me to see him live, and maybe even...you know put his mark in the studio (lmao)

What does it matter if you know now or in a month or two? If GNR isn't doing anything at the present moment, I don't see the point of making it known until they have a replacement or figure out what they're going to do. Again, welcome to disagree on that point.

I think they treat him like a child cause they don't trust him enough to represent the band publicly after 8 fuckin' years in the band. Nothing is fairly standard in shutting him up so he can't even say if he's in the band or not.

I wouldn't say that. Ron has given many interviews for GNR over the years.

Even if it is a business, we're not talking about building secret weapons or some shit. Look at the modern way most bands interact with their fans: they give updates about so much shit. To know which members are in the band is crucial for the fans imo, and should be a right of every fan. Can't believe I have to explain this.

And GNR has never been one of those bands. Trust me, I wish they were, but I gave up on that years ago. But is it really crucial for fans to know about who is in a band when the band isn't even active at the present time? Are you really losing sleep over this?

It matters, cause it's been like more then a month now since the rumors began? or at least about a month, more or less. It matters cause there's a certain way of doing things, and it matters cause I'm a hardcore new Guns fan, and I'd like to know where we stand as fans. Don't think that's as crazy as how TB and Axl choose to deal with whatever the fuck it is they're dealing with right now.

About Ron's intereviews: yeah, I'm aware. Read all of them. Nothing about him still being in the band or not. That's what I meant with them treating him like a child comment. (if, in fact, they've told him not to say anything about it)

Crucial? well...it's not a matter of life and death for me, no. But as a fan (fanatic) when it comes to new Guns, yes, it is important to know who's in the band! come on...how is that not a reasonable request? even if you're a fan of a band like new Guns. It's reasonable.

Your comment about me losing sleep over it is kinda shitty but whatever. It's not about me, it's about how little we get as fans and how poorly we're treated by the Guns camp.

Look, Lord knows I've had my own opinions on how the band should and should not treat fans. But knowing who is in and out of the band when rumours come to light isn't one of them. If the band was playing in the next few weeks then I would absolutely agree with you that the band ought to address the rumours. But what's the rush?

Maybe the band doesn't even know. Maybe they're waiting on Ron to come around? Maybe they think they can get him back if he's informed them of his departure (kind of like what happened with Bucket)? Maybe they'd rather wait until they have a replacement before making an announcement?

I could be wrong, but didn't they follow the same procedure when Robin left? I'm fairly certain we didn't know whether Robin was still in the band until they announced that DJ was joining.

Also, you do realize that in one post you claimed you'd like to know because you're a hardcore fan but at the same time state that this need to know is not about you.

Yeah...I'm not the only hardcore fan, so correction: it's not JUST about me. It's about the fanbase.

They followed the same procedure when Robin left, and that was a shitty, shitty way of handling it imo. Very weak.

Maybe they don't even know, but how come you don't see that kind of shit with most bands? why no trust? why can't they just say...something? keeping fans in the dark about who is in the band is weird. It's fuckin' weird. Even the AC/DC thing with poor Malcolm (hope he gets better) was dealt with a lot of respect toward the fanbase. And they didn't have to do it, but they've showed their appreciation for everything the fans gave to them.

Guns don't owe me shit, but it's sad to be a fan of a band that can't even share this kind of info, or just give a simple update on what's going on. I'll always be a Guns fan, but this shit is whack.

Edited by Rovim

I'm guessing Axl doesn't want Bumble to walk, whilst he's had his share of guitarists and no one would be surprised if he found a new one - This has been the most stable line up for some time.

Who's going to fill his shoes? (Someone capable of TWATs solo, bare in mind) What for? The bands taking a little break in DJ's words. No one in the right mind would join.

Axl gets bumble back or we see the return of the Bucket.

I'd bet there's been some agreement or potential return to guns been made with Ron and TB. He's never been the type to lead fans astray.

Edited by ColdHeartBreaker

Guns don't owe me shit, but it's sad to be a fan of a band that can't even share this kind of info, or just give a simple update on what's going on. I'll always be a Guns fan, but this shit is whack.

Again, you're assuming that this is all of Axl's doing. We do not know for sure that if Ron has left that the band has left it up to Ron to announce. We do not know whether Axl hopes to get Ron back (again, assuming he's left). We do not know if the band is in the midst of getting a replacement for Ron. Would you still want a comment from GNR if those situations were at play? I certainly wouldn't.

And I disagree that the band doesn't owe its fans anything. I've always maintained that the artist-fan relationship should be symbiotic in nature. But I think there's times and places to pick your battle. Knowing whether a concert you've purchased a ticket for is going to happen is a bit different than whether a band member has departed.

Again, you're assuming that this is all of Axl's doing. We do not know for sure that if Ron has left that the band has left it up to Ron to announce. We do not know whether Axl hopes to get Ron back (again, assuming he's left). We do not know if the band is in the midst of getting a replacement for Ron. Would you still want a comment from GNR if those situations were at play? I certainly wouldn't.

No, you're assuming I'm assuming it's all of Axl's doing. I'm assuming it starts with Axl or TB, and it has something to do with how Axl runs new Guns. He holds all the power, so of course it's gonna reflect in how his band operates.

I would know if they told us shit, but they don't, so what's left other then assume? you can close your eyes and call it normal all you want, but this shit stinks bad.

I'd rather know where I stand like I've stated earlier. I would still want and do want GNR to include me in what the fuck is going on. Even if it's not good news. This is not a new or radical idea: most bands at least let you know when a member is leaving or what is going on with the line up. Do you really don't get where I'm coming from? basic shit dude.

Edited by Rovim

I'd rather know where I stand like I've stated earlier. I would still want and do want GNR to include me in what the fuck is going on.

I thought you said this wasn't about you :P

Look, I get it. But I personally don't want the band to be making any public statements if they themselves do not know what's up. Moreover, there is the possibility that they left it up to Ron to announce his departure. If that's the case, then you're anger and frustration at the band is misplaced.

I'd rather know where I stand like I've stated earlier. I would still want and do want GNR to include me in what the fuck is going on.

I thought you said this wasn't about you :P

Look, I get it. But I personally don't want the band to be making any public statements if they themselves do not know what's up. Moreover, there is the possibility that they left it up to Ron to announce his departure. If that's the case, then you're anger and frustration at the band is misplaced.

Yeah, again with the not about me. you said what you prefer, so I just shared what I prefer. I'm sure plenty of fans here prefer to know what's Bumble's status in the band. Just like me. ( :P )

I don't think my frustration is misplaced cause I don't know what's the case, I don't know anything cause TB or Axl, for whatever reason, refuse to include us in what is considered standard with most other bands. I think Bumble will just come out and say it if he could. Why the sudden change and complete 180 now? after all those years he was totally honest with his fans and new Guns fans as well.

Shit has probably hit the fan is my guess. Even if it did, I think, at the very least, the Guns camp is not handling it very well. Fuckin' deal with it already, don't just keep us in the dark. And if it's nothing, then say that, cause it only makes them look like a fuckin' joke.

Edited by Rovim

Basic updates on a band's status should be made if there is an update to be made. We got a nice update at the end of the tour that they were taking,in my opinion, a well deserved and much needed break. Also, that there are two albums finished. With the rumors of bumble's departure, it would be nice to hear where they stand. But, maybe its just up in the air and there is nothing to report but uncertainty, or that they hope he'll join them again.

• Like 1

Basic updates on a band's status should be made if there is an update to be made. We got a nice update at the end of the tour that they were taking,in my opinion, a well deserved and much needed break. Also, that there are two albums finished. With the rumors of bumble's departure, it would be nice to hear where they stand. But, maybe its just up in the air and there is nothing to report but uncertainty, or that they hope he'll join them again.

So the current line up of new Gn'R is: Axl, DJ, Fortus, Frank, Pitman, Dizzy, Tommy, and maybe Bumble. Yeah... that's normal.

Edited by Rovim

So 55 pages in, we actually know no more than we did on page one, am I correct?

Are you some kind of a fucking hater? what is this? it's perfectly clear: Bumble is maybe still in the band. Sometimes he talks about his time in Guns in past tense when he gives interviews, but that is maybe just his sense of humor.

What bothers me with people like you is the amount of uncalled for complaints: what do you want the Guns camp to say? maybe there is nothing to say. Maybe it's all cool. Glass half full.

You know, personally, I prefer to guess and imagine what the current state of the "band" is. It's boring to always know who exactly is or isn't a part of new Gn'R. They're all a family anyway. Brain never left. He's still a part of the Guns family.

In conclusion: Bumble is Bumble. From his fucked up sense of commitment to the fans and interacting with them, giving fucks (who does that lol)

to his weird need to be a part of the writing process for the next album (the guy thinks he's Ashba or something lmao)

I just respect Axl and TB so much for putting up with people like Bumble. What? the money is not good enough? the fucker should just shut up and shred.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Are you some kind of a fucking hater? what is this? it's perfectly clear: Bumble is maybe still in the band. Sometimes he talks about his time in Guns in past tense when he gives interviews, but that is maybe just his sense of humor.

What bothers me with people like you is the amount of uncalled for complaints: what do you want the Guns camp to say? maybe there is nothing to say. Maybe it's all cool. Glass half full.

You know, personally, I prefer to guess and imagine what the current state of the "band" is. It's boring to always know who exactly is or isn't a part of new Gn'R. They're all a family anyway. Brain never left. He's still a part of the Guns family.

In conclusion: Bumble is Bumble. From his fucked up sense of commitment to the fans and interacting with them, giving fucks (who does that lol)

to his weird need to be a part of the writing process for the next album (the guy thinks he's Ashba or something lmao)

I just respect Axl and TB so much for putting up with people like Bumble. What? the money is not good enough? the fucker should just shut up and shred.

untitled_zpsc51b9c2d.png

• Like 2

So does anyone with any actual knowledge have an answer to this?