Goodbye Ron (???)

Vegas is cool because it gives fans an opportunity to see 2-3 shows without having to travel from city to city.

I don't think Vegas - on its own - is a bad thing at all. It's just when you mix it in with the fact that they haven't progressed as a band at all over the past five years.

How cool would this be? GnR - Vegas - 2015 - 12 shows

Monday/Friday show - Guns play new album in entirety

Wednesday/Saturday show - normal set-list

My boy Coma gets tired of me saying this. But I really think it is this simple. Put out an album ever 3-4 years. And do a couple interviews a year. That would eliminate 85.38% of the negativity surrounding the band.

We'll be lucky to get one album every 8 years.

The problem with that, of course, is obvious.

Axl is going to continue to age (like we all do) and band members are going to continue to get tired of waiting and leave.

Look at all the people who have quit. Now another guitar player is possible quitting?

It really is a shame. So much talented is being wasted by deciding to go the route of not sharing music with the band's fans. I wish Axl and The Beta and Fernando stopped caring about the negative people and instead focused on the millions of GnR/Axl fans out there.

Guns N' Roses is what Axl calls his solo project.

Has he ever called it that?

In that recording of the private convo in the loft that warchild posted he talks about CD like "when my album was released", well he is the one that sticks everything together but seems like he sees it like that.

Well, it is his record just like it is Dizzy's record, too. And it is his band just like it is Richard's band. But it is neither's solo project. "His" doesn't mean exclusively, in this context.

Axl calls all the shots. All the musicians are hired by Axl and do what he tells them to do. Nope, no solo project. Lulz.

That's not what we are discussing. TeeJay said that Axl calls it his solo project and I wanted to know if that is really true. As far as I can remember it was Slash who said that Axl looks upon GN'R as his solo project, I can't remember Axl ever saying it. In fact, Axl has said a lot about how it is NOT his solo project but I just can't be bothered to find the quotes now.

Guns N' Roses is what Axl calls his solo project.

Has he ever called it that?

In that recording of the private convo in the loft that warchild posted he talks about CD like "when my album was released", well he is the one that sticks everything together but seems like he sees it like that.

Well, it is his record just like it is Dizzy's record, too. And it is his band just like it is Richard's band. But it is neither's solo project. "His" doesn't mean exclusively, in this context.

Axl calls all the shots. All the musicians are hired by Axl and do what he tells them to do. Nope, no solo project. Lulz.

That's not what we are discussing. TeeJay said that Axl calls it his solo project and I wanted to know if that is really true. As far as I can remember it was Slash who said that Axl looks upon GN'R as his solo project, I can't remember Axl ever saying it. In fact, Axl has said a lot about how it is NOT his solo project but I just can't be bothered to find the quotes now.

Ah, ok then.

While it feels like a solo project where Axl just kept the GnR name/brand for obvious financial reasons, and because he has complete control over everything the band does ala a dictatorship.........technically it is still Guns n Roses. That's the legal name. GnR might not be ran like most bands are, but technically they are still officially GnR.

Personally I don't really care about the name of the band or whether it is a solo project or a band. I just wish Axl would share his music with the millions of fans who love and support him - some for almost 30 years now.

• Like 1

I didn't mean to imply that Axl literally calls his solo act guns n roses, but that from the way he goes about Guns N' Roses business it certainly seems that way. The point being in this context, any idea that new music was to be released with Bumblefoot having a significant portion of input, or that the band is anything other than Axl's backup group is just silly. It's one of the world's highest paying session gigs.

Axl's writing is a lot like Dr. Dre's in that Axl will have an idea (or in Dre's case, a drum beat) and have his team of musicians play everything they can think of for it and Axl picks and chooses what of it he likes/matches what he hears in his head.

• Like 1

While it feels like a solo project where Axl just kept the GnR name/brand for obvious financial reasons, and because he has complete control over everything the band does ala a dictatorship.........technically it is still Guns n Roses. That's the legal name. GnR might not be ran like most bands are, but technically they are still officially GnR.

Personally I don't really care about the name of the band or whether it is a solo project or a band. I just wish Axl would share his music with the millions of fans who love and support him - some for almost 30 years now.

This is an accurate summary.

Axl is basically having his dream narcissist scenario.. he might just boot Bumblefoot out himself since the guy has been pushing the boat out and trying to make waves of progress and cohesion for a while now, there's only so much turbulence Axl can process from other wooden boats out on his reef where he plows forward in his cruise ship.

• Like 1

Bumblefoot just tweetet...

"Working on 3 new songs for next album,lyrics are flowing today :)"

For his own album, all the gnr stuff is recorded already yeah ?

probably all the robin and bucket stuff all recorded with new bumble and dj stuff added for cd2 yeah!

Bumblefoot just tweetet...

"Working on 3 new songs for next album,lyrics are flowing today :)"

For his own album, all the gnr stuff is recorded already yeah ?

probably all the robin and bucket stuff all recorded with new bumble and dj stuff added for cd2 yeah!

Cd2 or CD1 left overs lol, I bet it'll mainly be bucket and finck stuff on there, of we ever see it it'll be interesting to see how much involvement dj has had into it

Vegas is cool because it gives fans an opportunity to see 2-3 shows without having to travel from city to city.

I don't think Vegas - on its own - is a bad thing at all. It's just when you mix it in with the fact that they haven't progressed as a band at all over the past five years.

How cool would this be? GnR - Vegas - 2015 - 12 shows

Monday/Friday show - Guns play new album in entirety

Wednesday/Saturday show - normal set-list

My boy Coma gets tired of me saying this. But I really think it is this simple. Put out an album ever 3-4 years. And do a couple interviews a year. That would eliminate 85.38% of the negativity surrounding the band.

We'll be lucky to get one album every 8 years.

The problem with that, of course, is obvious.

Axl is going to continue to age (like we all do) and band members are going to continue to get tired of waiting and leave.

Look at all the people who have quit. Now another guitar player is possible quitting?

It really is a shame. So much talented is being wasted by deciding to go the route of not sharing music with the band's fans. I wish Axl and The Beta and Fernando stopped caring about the negative people and instead focused on the millions of GnR/Axl fans out there.

If sharing is caring, then Axl doesn't give a fuck. The main focus of Beta and Fernando is to keep Axl happy. Whatever the fuck that means. Not us fans. Maybe they want us to be content too, but it's not a top priority imo.

• Like 1

Surely this forum could run a mini interview with BBF via email

Find out whether this is just a mini rage whilst GN'R are on a break or something more significant, word the questions appropriately, and pay homage to his forthcoming solo endeavours.

It would put this to bed quickly

By not confirming or denying anything it's obvious he's out but is legally obliged not to saying anything. The fact that he put 2006-2014 says it all. What more do you need? The guy is out and is clearly being suppressed. Do you really think Axl would let another Buckethead public trashing to occur? Why do you think Robin didn't say one word when he left....cause he's a nice guy? Wake up. He's out and when they have a replacement it will be announced.

By not confirming or denying anything it's obvious he's out but is legally obliged not to saying anything. The fact that he put 2006-2014 says it all. What more do you need? The guy is out and is clearly being suppressed. Do you really think Axl would let another Buckethead public trashing to occur? Why do you think Robin didn't say one word when he left....cause he's a nice guy? Wake up. He's out and when they have a replacement it will be announced.

I don't think it's clear either way. When he was asked in the interview with The National what the status of the band is, he said "we are on a break."

Ali

well. i have no idea why robin didn't then and still yet to say why today he left gnr. i'd like to be clued on by robin on why he really left gnr. especially since robin is responsible for a lot of the great songs on chinese like better, catcher, there was a time, this i love, irs, madagascar, chinese democracy, and street of dreams. and the countless other unreleased chinese songs we've yet to hear featuring robin on lead guitar!

well. i have no idea why robin didn't then and still yet to say why today he left gnr. i'd like to be clued on by robin on why he really left gnr. especially since robin is responsible for a lot of the great songs on chinese like better, catcher, there was a time, this i love, irs, madagascar, chinese democracy, and street of dreams. and the countless other unreleased chinese songs we've yet to hear featuring robin on lead guitar!

You want to know why Robin left? Here's a clue......AXL ROSE.

Guns has been going no where fast since the demise of the old band. Decade long hiatuses. No clear direction. Tours that spring up out of nowhere then get cancelled. Nothing creative going on with writing new music. Then chuck in Axl's neurotic behaviour. People can only put up with that crap for so long. BBF held out as long as he could. The band is going nowhere. It's a sinking ship and BBF's departure is just another nail in the coffin.

Forget about Robin and anything he brought to GNR. If anything will ever be released it will be rerecorded by DJ Ashba or whatever other faceless touring musician will be in the band by the time that day comes.

Edited by JoePerry954

You want to know why Robin left? Here's a clue......AXL ROSE.

Guns has been going no where fast since the demise of the old band. Decade long hiatuses. No clear direction. Tours that spring up out of nowhere then get cancelled. Nothing creative going on with writing new music. Then chuck in Axl's neurotic behaviour. People can only put up with that crap for so long. BBF held out as long as he could. The band is going nowhere. It's a sinking ship and BBF's departure is just another nail in the coffin.

Forget about Robin and anything he brought to GNR. If anything will ever be released it will be rerecorded by DJ Ashba or whatever other faceless touring musician will be in the band by the time that day comes.

Nah, I don't think that's the reason. Robin's Robin. Bucket's lifestyle was in the way, Slash is the devil, Izzy wrote Double Talkin' Jive about himself. The new one will be better then the old one. We now believe even more.

"With all the rumors I could tell, somethings didn't work so well, well anyway, it feels the same."

"And there's no use now in draggin' it on, shoulda seen it coming all along."

Hey! We're doing song quotes? I got some!

"Ow!"

"Huh!"

"Ay ay ay!"

"Yowza!"

That was FUN!