Goodbye Ron (???)

Fuck 'em, let Ron go nuts with his sauce, producing, teaching, solo stuff...go where you are needed. I imagine there are quite a few people who became a fan of him because of him being in Guns - like me - and now think he's too good for this circus.

Bumblefoot

Buckethead

Robin

(Slash even - although there are other reasons with him).

They all left for one reason, that reason being Axl's lazyness in the studio. All these guys probably joined GN'R with the best intentions: to make new Guns N' Roses music. They all were disillusioned. Axl is never going to release music again.

Bumblefoot

Buckethead

Robin

They all left for one reason, that reason being Axl's lazyness in the studio. All these guys probably joined GN'R with the best intentions: to make new Guns N' Roses music. They all were disillusioned. Axl is never going to release music again.

No matter how many times you repeat the mantra of Axl never going to release music again, the truth is there is still a very good chance he'll release music again.

I've said it before: Axl is always late. That doesn't mean he won't get to it eventually. He seems interested in releasing at least the leftovers. Beyond CD ll and what's left in the vault - I'm skeptical, but why would Axl release just half of the work? at the very least he'll get CD ll out imo.

Edited by Rovim

I hope they find a friend of DJ Asba, u know another great innovative and accurate guitar player who also possesses a unique and unforgettable stage presence and who knows how to shreddddd it up. VJ Cumba or something like that.

"Bumble is Bumble. From the beads in his beard to his hot sauce fetish. And I've heard he carries a knife. Without him, Gn'R can move forward with confidence. His antics held us back and hopefully now we can REALLY see what this band can do." - Shmaxl Pose

Edited by Rovim

Bumblefoot

Buckethead

Robin

No matter how many times you repeat the mantra of Axl never going to release music again, the truth is there is still a very good chance he'll release music again.

I've said it before: Axl is always late. That doesn't mean he won't get to it eventually. He seems interested in releasing at least the leftovers. Beyond CD ll and what's left in the vault - I'm skeptical, but why would Axl release just half of the work? at the very least he'll get CD ll out imo.

I agree completely. There are too many pessimistic curmudgeons here. Cheer up. For each year that passes we are one year closer to hearing new music ;) No one said this wasn't an endurance race.

I wonder why people are pessimistic...

They probably have awful lives and never expect anything good to ever happen to them.

It's like with calves who have gone through hot-iron disbudding: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24324609

Poor, poor pessimistic calves.

And just to follow-up, because this is really interesting:

"The effect of emotion on judgement making has been explored in a number of areas, including risk-taking, future expectations, and interpretation of ambiguous stimuli. Depressed or anxious people interpret ambiguous stimuli more negatively [2], while people in positive states have more optimistic interpretations [3], [4]." Source: http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0080556

They probably have awful lives and never expect anything good to ever happen to them.

It's like with calves who have gone through hot-iron disbudding: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24324609

No, he's right. Come on, there are infinite reasons to be pessimistic. We don't get much when it comes to studio recordings. I just accept it and adopt the glass half full approach: I'm confident Axl will release CD ll eventually. Just like I was confident Chinese was going to be released.

I just accept the terms of being an Axl fan. (and a new Guns fan) I can always stop, but I don't vant to do eet.

Edited by Rovim

No, he's right. Come on, there are infinite reasons to be pessimistic. We don't get much when it comes to studio recordings. I just accept it and adopt the glass half full approach: I'm confident Axl will release CD ll eventually. Just like I was confident Chinese was going to be released.

I just accept the terms of being an Axl fan. (and new Guns fan) I can always stop, but I don't vant to do eet.

Great post Rovim. Stupid post SM.

No, he's right. Come on, there are infinite reasons to be pessimistic.

Not regarding whether we will hear new music. Just a few posts back you yourself argued that we would of course hear new music in the future.

I just accept the terms of being an Axl fan. (and new Guns fan) I can always stop, but I don't vant to do eet.

Great post Rovim. Stupid post SM.

Don't kill the messenger.

Not regarding whether we will hear new music. Just a few posts back you yourself argued that we would of course hear new music in the future.

Of course we will. I just meant it takes years to get there. And that is why a lot of fans are pessimistic. It's like the chick that wants her boyfriend to propose. He says he's not ready, but that eventually he will do it and he loves her, but 10 years later and no wedding. Hard for that chick to be positive about it when all of her friends are happily married (other bands that release albums every 3 or 4 years)

Basically the last 20 yrs shows us how screwed up Axl really is. He can't get anything done and no one can work with him for too long. I'm a huge Axl fan and would buy new music instantly, but I'm sick of all the excuses and lack of direction. Facts are facts and Axl is the only common denominator left.

To be honest I don't care all that much. When GN'R turned cover-band, Brain, Buckethead, Robin, were the best for me. I like NIN, I like Robin, I think Brain's drumming is super-doo-er compared to Frank, and Buckethead didn't emulate, he added his own twist, Nightrain being a prime example. And yes, I got to see Brain, Buckethead, Robin live..

the 2002 gnr post slash and duff is best for me too. best for me because it was axl's first chance moving guns n roses forward out of the shadows and out of the past with fresh blood, fresh gunners, fresh sound, and fresh music. the 2006 gnr was next best for me because it featured axl in his best physical shape since the 90's and gnr was riding high that year. like 2002, 2006 would've been the perfect time to release an album. and i got to see brain, buckethead, robin live too..so bumblefoot is OUT? ron is out of Guns N' Roses?

To be honest I don't care all that much. When GN'R turned cover-band, Brain, Buckethead, Robin, were the best for me. I like NIN, I like Robin, I think Brain's drumming is super-doo-er compared to Frank, and Buckethead didn't emulate, he added his own twist, Nightrain being a prime example. And yes, I got to see Brain, Buckethead, Robin live..

the 2002 gnr post slash and duff is best for me too. best for me because it was axl's first chance moving guns n roses forward out of the shadows and out of the past with fresh blood, fresh gunners, fresh sound, and fresh music. the 2006 gnr was next best for me because it featured axl in his best physical shape since the 90's and gnr was riding high that year. like 2002, 2006 would've been the perfect time to release an album. and i got to see brain, buckethead, robin live too..so bumblefoot is OUT? ron is out of Guns N' Roses?

We don't know yet. We're still waiting for a clarification.

Of course we will. I just meant it takes years to get there. And that is why a lot of fans are pessimistic.

No, they are so pessimistic they don't believe they will hear new music at all. We are realistic and realises that sooner or later we will hear new music.

Of course we will. I just meant it takes years to get there. And that is why a lot of fans are pessimistic.

No, they are so pessimistic they don't believe they will hear new music at all. We are realistic and realises that sooner or later we will hear new music.

No? oh. I just gave you an example that I'm sure you've understood. They don't believe they will hear new music at all because - my example I gave in my previous post. They are realistic too. They just look at what others have and how other frontmen behave and compare that to Axl's behavior as a musician. I think that's a mistake, cause you can't expect the same shit from Axl.

But that doesn't mean he won't. Experience shows us Axl is always late, but he gets there all bruised up, in his fucked up way, and he delivers eventually.