Policing Thread

magisme

On a related/ (unrelated?) note:

NSFW and Graphic

Anyone know the backstory as to why the cops were called?

I have no issue with the decision to shoot if they felt threatened but my gripe with all these shootings is that they are unloading their clips. Why not shoot once in the leg and then swarm in? These cops are not qualified or mentally stable in most cases.

• Like 1

I cannot believe what I just saw, that was overkill when he could have been tasered as the person filming said. Can anyone shed some light on what happened and why? I heard someone ws shot dead leaving a robbery but it doesn't look like that in this footage :no:

You'd be shocked how easy it is to kill someone (accidentally) via taser.

I cannot believe what I just saw, that was overkill when he could have been tasered as the person filming said. Can anyone shed some light on what happened and why? I heard someone ws shot dead leaving a robbery but it doesn't look like that in this footage :no:

This was the shooting in St Louis that I posted a couple of days ago in this thread. Same ol thing... he went into a store, stole some goods and left. Then, the idiot challenge police with a knife. I say nominate him for a Darwin.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/st-louis-police-shoot-kill-knife-wielding-man-reports-article-1.1909134

NSFW and Graphic

I have no issue with the decision to shoot if they felt threatened but my gripe with all these shootings is that they are unloading their clips. Why not shoot once in the leg and then swarm in? These cops are not qualified or mentally stable in most cases.

Police are trained to eliminate the threat! Not to injure someone. Anyone with any training, at all, in firearms, knows to aim for center of mass-- chest area. If you put a few 1cm sized holes through someone's chest, they usually die.

This was the shooting in St Louis that I posted a couple of days ago in this thread. Same ol thing... he went into a store, stole some goods and left. Then, the idiot challenge police with a knife. I say nominate him for a Darwin.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/st-louis-police-shoot-kill-knife-wielding-man-reports-article-1.1909134

NSFW and Graphic

Police are trained to eliminate the threat! Not to injure someone. Anyone with any training, at all, in firearms, knows to aim for center of mass-- chest area. If you put a few 1cm sized holes through someone's chest, they usually die.

Fair enough. Shoot once (maybe twice) in the chest and then apprehend the villain. Why the need to fire so many bullets? To ensure that they die? Seems like a trend.

• Like 1

Fair enough. Shoot once (maybe twice) in the chest and then apprehend the villain. Why the need to fire so many bullets? To ensure that they die? Seems like a trend.

To eliminate the threat. It is that simple. Just because someone has been shot, doesn't mean they are no longer a threat. I personally know someone that was shot 9 6 times and not only survived, but fought back.

Edited by Not An FSB Agent

To eliminate the threat. It is that simple. Just because someone has been shot, doesn't mean they are no longer a threat. I personally know someone that was shot 9 times and not only survived, but fought back.

I'm sure there are rare Tony Montana cases where people get shot and react like they didn't but most of the time they instantly go down and continue to get clipped by the po-po.

To eliminate the threat. It is that simple. Just because someone has been shot, doesn't mean they are no longer a threat. I personally know someone that was shot 9 times and not only survived, but fought back.

I'm sure there are rare Tony Montana cases where people get shot and react like they didn't but most of the time they instantly go down and continue to get clipped by the po-po.

You watch too many movies.

Thanks, I watched a few closer versions but he did'nt appear to 'lunge' at the police at the 1st shot. Why fire so many shots once he was on the ground? His arms were both down and not raised in an attack stance, at that distance they could have aimed at his legs.

I realise tasers can also kill, wouldn't pepper spray have disabled him enough for capture? What disturbs me was how many shots were fired on a man armed with a knife, not a gun. He was known to be mentally disturbed but not sure if he was known to police. I suppose if filmed facing him it might show if he was a real threat, that film was from quite a distance.

To eliminate the threat. It is that simple. Just because someone has been shot, doesn't mean they are no longer a threat. I personally know someone that was shot 9 6 times and not only survived, but fought back.

96 times ? What were they shot with,marshmallows?/

• Like 1

Thanks, I watched a few closer versions but he did'nt appear to 'lunge' at the police at the 1st shot. Why fire so many shots once he was on the ground? His arms were both down and not raised in an attack stance, at that distance they could have aimed at his legs.

I realise tasers can also kill, wouldn't pepper spray have disabled him enough for capture? What disturbs me was how many shots were fired on a man armed with a knife, not a gun. He was known to be mentally disturbed but not sure if he was known to police. I suppose if filmed facing him it might show if he was a real threat, that film was from quite a distance.

I guess it's a case of 'what if'? What if he magically got up stabbed both cops while they weren't looking? Then what, huh? Then what...

• Like 1

This idiot was told multiple times to drop the weapon. Instead, he chose to attain the tactically superior position of higher ground, then he charged with his weapon!

Tell me, just how close would you let a deranged idiot with a knife get to you if you have a gun? He won't get anywhere near me!

The 9 is a strike through. I edited the post because he was shot 6 times, not 9.

I guess it's a case of 'what if'? What if he magically got up stabbed both cops while they weren't looking? Then what, huh? Then what...

If they weren't looking they're not trained police. They were putting cuffs on him when he was dead so don't imagine they wouldn't be looking at him once he had fallen.

If they weren't looking they're not trained police. They were putting cuffs on him when he was dead so don't imagine they wouldn't be looking at him once he had fallen.

Not trained? You don't say....

This idiot was told multiple times to drop the weapon. Instead, he chose to attain the tactically superior position of higher ground, then he charged with his weapon!

Tell me, just how close would you let a deranged idiot with a knife get to you if you have a gun? He won't get anywhere near me!

The 9 is a strike through. I edited the post because he was shot 6 times, not 9.

Lol sorry I'm on a tiny screen, thought he must be pretty fiesty to survive 96 shots.

Lol sorry I'm on a tiny screen, thought he must be pretty fiesty to survive 96 shots.

I am aware of someone that was shot in the chest with a load of 00 buck, and survived. Depending on the manufacture, that is around 12 .30cal rounds!

I am aware of someone that was shot in the chest with a load of 00 buck, and survived. Depending on the manufacture, that is around 12 .30cal rounds!

Ok as I have no idea on guns I'm guessing thats pretty hard to survive.