what did Frank add to TWAT?

Frank the worst drummer?! That cant be right.....Is he the best no, that would have been Brain or Josh...Worst imo is Adler...I meen c'mon Frank has drummed with Tool, Psychadellic Furs ect.....

What's so bad about frank? As far as technical skill, most 15 year olds are better than Stephen Adler.

He's not Brain, his drum sticks are too long, and nobody ever asks him anything.

If were including josh freeze, I'd put him first

Josh Freeze! I love it.

IMO Ferrer is the worst drummer in GnR.

Everyone's got an opinion but can't understand this, sorum can only drum well to slower stuff, brain is the best gnr have had followed by frank, Adler was too fucked up

Matt is heavier, i like Matt, Adler is very "happy", a important style in AFD, Brain is more technical, i like the three.

Why?

He plays with more groove than Matt plus he plays better than Brain on a live GNR show

I don't really get the hate and ignorance that Frank got on these boards....

I used to think Frank was bad too but I started paying more attention to him over the last year and think he's great now tbh. Agreed that after Brain he's the best so far.

I don't get this Brain hype, though. He is great on studio, but on a live GNR show he is sloppy as fuck and barely plays the old material
  • Like 4

I listened to a podcast that Freese was on and he said he heard a rumor that they had Brain redo his drums almost note for note. Because of that I keep Brain and Freese on the same top level for now

Edit: Brain said this too.. whoops haha

Edited by Mendez

Why?

He plays with more groove than Matt plus he plays better than Brain on a live GNR show

I used to think Frank was bad too but I started paying more attention to him over the last year and think he's great now tbh. Agreed that after Brain he's the best so far.

I don't get this Brain hype, though. He is great on studio, but on a live GNR show he is sloppy as fuck and barely plays the old material

lol. U deaf? maybe he put his own spin on some old Guns songs sometimes, and it didn't exactly work out, but mostly, Brain played the shit out of everything live when he was still in the band. Frank can only dream about how good it must feel like to be able to play drums like Brain can.

Why?

Correct on every point.

Why?

lol. U deaf? maybe he put his own spin on some old Guns songs sometimes, and it didn't exactly work out, but mostly, Brain played the shit out of everything live when he was still in the band. Frank can only dream about how good it must feel like to be able to play drums like Brain can.

I saw the band with one of Brain's last shows with the band and he plays cool, but he can't even play the YCBM intro for example. I'm not deaf just listened a lot of bootlegs ;)

I prefer Frank over Brain any day on a LIVE setting. On the studio Brain is a beast i'm not denying that, hell i even like his overall drum sound but not his playing

Why?

I saw the band with one of Brain's last shows with the band and he plays cool, but he can't even play the YCBM intro for example. I'm not deaf just listened a lot of bootlegs ;)

I prefer Frank over Brain any day on a LIVE setting. On the studio Brain is a beast i'm not denying that, hell i even like his overall drum sound but not his playing

Frank really has a good groove live and has added new stuff to a lot of the songs, making them sound fresh. To me, Brain just sort of played everything live the same speed and added nothing.

I have no idea how Frank will sound on record but I think I'd prefer him to Brain and his supposed technical superiority.