Is Izzy Overrated or Underrated?

ChristmasFnatic

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Especially to the hardcore GNR community.

Now and then, I come across people claiming he is the true genius behind GN'R. That his songs are the superior ones(compared to Axl's) and that he is a waaaay better guitar player than Slash. Then, I see some say Izzy's greatness are just some fan's way to discredit Slash's contribution and skills.

So in the end, do you think he is leaning in the overrated or underrated category?

To the hardcore community, I'd say he's neither. Just right. We know exactly how important Izzy was musically for Guns.

To the casuals: underrated. They know the guy with the top hat that makes his guitar do nasty, beautiful shit.

• Like 2

To the hardcore community, I'd say he's neither. Just right. We know exactly how important Izzy was musically for Guns.

To the casuals: underrated. They know the guy with the top hat that makes his guitar do nasty, beautiful shit.

I think this is the right answer.

Been fan of GNR for many years, and never ever seen any person saying that Izzy is better GUITAR PLAYER than Slash. Songwriter, more important band memer- thats the other thing, but better guitar player ? Can the OP quote one single person claiming that ? Because this thread loos like a cheap strawman.

• Like 1

Been fan of GNR for many years, and never ever seen any person saying that Izzy is better GUITAR PLAYER than Slash. Songwriter, more important band memer- thats the other thing, but better guitar player ? Can the OP quote one single person claiming that ? Because this thread loos like a cheap strawman.

Maybe people like Lenny. You know... punk people.

I think he is over rated on forums.

He was obviously extremely important to GNR, but just like the rest of them he is rather underwhelming on his own.

Those 5 guys together were magic, just because Izzy had the songwriting credit doesn't mean Adler for example didn't bring something to that song that made it what it was- even if it was just contributing to the atmosphere in the studio or something like that.

Honestly, I love all the guys that were GNR ( AFD lineup ) but by themselves the end result is pretty underwhelming...Duff kicks fucking ass in GNR but I'll be damned if I can stomach Believe In Me or whatever.

In my opinion, Izzy's solo albums are way over rated.

• Like 3

People who say he's a better guitarist than slash are generally people elsewhere who like to discredit Slash and act as if GNR could have happened without him

It's hard to say as Slash made sure you can barely hear Izzy.

No, it's not hard to say. It's hard for you to admit what everyone knows. Nice try though.

• Like 1

People who say he's a better guitarist than slash are generally people elsewhere who like to discredit Slash and act as if GNR could have happened without him

No, it's not hard to say. It's hard for you to admit what everyone knows. Nice try though.

Izzy has written better songs than Slash - FACT. Who knows where he would be if he went the Slash route (that's not a criticism on Slash).

Izzy has written better songs than Slash - FACT. Who knows where he would be if he went the Slash route (that's not a criticism on Slash).

It's like you didn't even read most of the posts in this thread. No one said Slash was a better songwriter then Izzy. But as a guitar PLAYA Slash is much better then Izzy, so stop trolling, learn how to read, or both.

• Like 1

It's like you didn't even read most of the posts in this thread. No one said Slash was a better songwriter then Izzy. But as a guitar PLAYA Slash is much better then Izzy, so stop trolling, learn how to read, or both.

Not trolling, and I can read. I just package up songwriting up with it. Otherwise, you can argue that BBF is better (than both izzy and slash) under "just playing" the guitar. It's all subjective I guess. Edited by Coma16

Not trolling, and I can read. I just package up songwriting up with it. Otherwise, you can argue that BBF is better (than both izzy and slash) under "just playing" the guitar. It's all subjective I guess.

Umm...no. Cause being technically better is different then being better overall as a guitar player. Bumble is only technically better then Slash imo. Stop packaging shit together.

Edited by Rovim

Oh, I'd say underrated.

Look how many times people insist in Axl and Slash patched it up, all would be right with the world? Izzy wrote the damn songs. We have no idea what an Axl/Slash album with no Izzy sounds like. 'Locomotive' and 'Coma' are two great songs. they are also the only 2 out of all of them that were just those two.

Not trolling, and I can read. I just package up songwriting up with it. Otherwise, you can argue that BBF is better (than both izzy and slash) under "just playing" the guitar. It's all subjective I guess.

Umm...no. Cause being technically better is different then being better overall as a guitar player. Bumble is only technically better then Slash imo. Stop packaging shit together.

Now I'm confused. You admit that BBF is technically better than Slash but Slash is overall better? How are you packaging up 'overall better'? Quit being a baby because not everyone agrees with you.

Edit: and for the record, I prefer Slash's earlier solo stuff (Slash 2010 was my fave) over Izzy or BBF solo efforts. But that's not what we're talking about.

Edited by Coma16
  • Like 1

Now I'm confused. You admit that BBF is technically better than Slash but Slash is overall better? How are you packaging up 'overall better'? Quit being a baby because not everyone agrees with you.

But... I said "in my opinion". Seriously bro, learn how to read. It's an important skill to have in your arsenal. Yes, I admit BFF is technically better then Slash - a known fact. I think, in my opinion, that Slash has the better feel. Can't believe I had to explain that to you. I can only hope you're trolling hard, but even as trolling, it's weak as shit. :facepalm:

But... I said "in my opinion". Seriously bro, learn how to read. It's an important skill to have in your arsenal. Yes, I admit BFF is technically better then Slash - a known fact. I think, in my opinion, that Slash has the better feel. Can't believe I had to explain that to you. I can only hope you're trolling hard, but even as trolling, it's weak as shit. :facepalm:

Definitely not trolling. You are just mixing things up. Why would you have a problem when I said "It's hard to say as Slash made sure you can barely hear Izzy."? That's obviously an opinion as well but you got all defensive over it.