Led Zeppelin tops guitar riffs list -

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear

How years ago in days of old when magic filled the air

'twas in the darkest depths of Mordor, mm-I met a girl so fair

but Gollum and the evil one crept up and slipped away with her

her, her, yeah, and ain't nothin' I can do, no

- 'Ramble On' by Lead (I am no long utilising their silly misspelling any longer), Zeppelin.

Fuck. :facepalm: worst post of the day. Me no take you seriously long time.

Edited by Rovim

Yet, I am merely quoting the ''greatest'', ''most brilliant'', ''excellent'', ''superior'', ''jawdropping'', ''sublime'', band's own lyrics!

Yeah, focus just on the lyrics aspect of it. It's not like Zeppelin influenced countless bands and artists including GNR. What the fuck man. They've started genres, they're responsible of shaping the music world as we know it. Shit, you don't have to like 'em, but their positive, yes positive influence on the kind of music me and you enjoy is undeniable. And music we don't enjoy as well.

No point in making silly remarks: the music speaks for itself in this case. Monster riffs, classic tunes, boatloads of emotion, and one of the most creative guitar players to ever fuckin' touch a Les Paul, not to mention a great and unique producer. I can go on, but lol.

Edited by Rovim

Yet, I am merely quoting the ''greatest'', ''most brilliant'', ''excellent'', ''superior'', ''jawdropping'', ''sublime'', band's own lyrics!

Yeah, focus just on the lyrics aspect of it. It's not like Zeppelin influenced countless bands and artists including GNR. What the fuck man. They've started genres, they're responsible of shaping the music world as we know it. Shit, you don't have to like 'em, but their positive, yes positive influence on the kind of music me and you enjoy is undeniable. And music we don't enjoy as well.

No point in making silly remarks: the music speaks for itself in this case. Monster riffs, classic tunes, boatloads of emotion, and one of the most creative guitar players to ever fuckin' touch a Les Paul, not to mention a great and unique producer. I can go on, but lol.

Yeah I know. Its just silly to rip bands like Zeppelin, The Stones, The Beatles, Dylan, etc. Yeah, maybe one or the other isn't your particular cup of tea- but to act like they're rubbish is ignorant and pointless if you're a fan of rock n roll.

Yeah I know. Its just silly to rip bands like Zeppelin, The Stones, The Beatles, Dylan, etc. Yeah, maybe one or the other isn't your particular cup of tea- but to act like they're rubbish is ignorant and pointless if you're a fan of rock n roll.

Even his lyrics comment is suspicious, when you take into consideration how forgiving he was when talking about Izzy's Think About You lyrics, and lyrics about love in general, and the amounts of cheese he can endure.

Honestly, I dislike the larping bullshit they wrote about sometimes, but Zeppelin's vision, depth, and personality goes way WAY beyond that. It's in the music too, and some of the lyrics touch on different subjects.

They've started genres

Name one?

My penis. I can name more. (can't take you seriously)

You choose to focus only on shit you think will give you one more chance to argue. Do you even care about the facts here? probably not.

Fine, one more: they were one of the pioneers of heavy metal. Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, and Led Zeppelin all contributed for the development of it.

Edited by Rovim

It is not that I am 'forgiving' of Izzy's Think About You. It is that I generally like the lyric. Simple lyrics are fine. Lyrics about Tolkien and elves and dwarfs are, not.

Nobody said you have to like Led Zeppelin, but to act like their lyrics are crap because YOU don't like them highlights your ignorance. Not liking something does not mean they suck or terrible, it means you don't lke them. That is all...

It is not that I am 'forgiving' of Izzy's Think About You. It is that I generally like the lyric. Simple lyrics are fine. Lyrics about Tolkien and elves and dwarfs are, not.

Nobody said you have to like Led Zeppelin, but to act like their lyrics are crap because YOU don't like them highlights your ignorance. Not liking something does not mean they suck or terrible, it means you don't lke them. That is all...

or to act like all they sing about is the Tolkien. Hell, I can only think of a couple of songs where they do. Pigeonholing Zep based on that would like be like judging the entire Stones' career based on the one time Mick Jagger kissed Keith Richards. They must be gay right? That must be what all those songs about, right?

What I mean is, there is no groove or sleaze there. Zeppelin possessed a big metal thumper, in Bonham, so they did not have the greasy groove of a Watts, Adler or a John Densmore. You simply get this massive 'bash bash' noise with Zeppelin.

I know what you mean. Bonham lacked finesse, but he had other things that were exceptional about him. So exceptional, that when he died, it wasn't Zeppelin anymore without him.

But they had groove. They had enough other great things to make them a great band that created great music imo. It is possible for a person to appreciate something he doesn't enjoy. Know what I mean? probably not.

So Zeppelin didn't have any sleaze huh? Go listen to Trampled Under Foot from Earl's court. I'd also highly recommend Since I've been loving you from NY 73', I also highly recommend the 1969 Dansmark performance. I'm on my phone, or I would post the videos.

Dude's made his stance on Zeppelin pretty clear, I don't think anything's gonna change his mind.

I'm not trying to change his mind. Just pointing out the flaws in his points. He said Zeppelin didn't have any grease or grim, and Trampled Underfoot is one of the sleaziest songs ever written, especially the live versions.

In actual fact, Trampled Underfoot is one of the few Zeppelin songs I quite like as it has pop appeal and does not stick around too long. It is the ponderous epics which I hate the most; Achilles Last Stand is a particularly stinky specimen.

As a HUGE Zeppelin fan, I don't love achille's either. I like it and listen to it fairly often yes, but I don't love it. As a matter of fact, Presence is my least favorite Zep album sans Coda. So I do feel that song in particular is somewhat overrated.

But the ironic thing about that song is that I feel that song in particular is what led to the band Iron Maiden. Just about every Iron Maiden song imo sounds like a variation of Achille's Last Stand to me. I'm not saying that Iron Maiden deliberatly ripped off Achille's, but I do think that song is the sound they were looking for and used it as their motivation. Honestly I also feel that Achille's is the song that many metal bands used as their inspiration, even a band like Metallica with songs like One I'm not sure would have existed without Achille's. It just seems to be the template for how to make a metal epic, even more so than just about anything Sabbath ever recorded.

Edited by Mike420

UFO used quite a bit of galloping in their songs, and they were a more direct influence on Maiden, Steve Harris even wore the striped tights their bassist Pete Way wore back in their heyday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS9lRO4clEo

That's not to say UFO didn't get their galloping riff idea from songs like Achilles and Heart's Barracuda.

Edited by moreblack

UFO used quite a bit of galloping in their songs, and they were a more direct influence on Maiden, Steve Harris even wore the striped tights their bassist Pete Way wore back in their heyday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS9lRO4clEo

That's not to say UFO didn't get their galloping riff idea from songs like Achilles and Heart's Barracuda.

True, very true. They were all at the forefront of that "sound". I honestly don't know who was the first to do it, but Achille's has to be one of the earliest, maybe the first??? Edited by Mike420