This I Love - Erin, Seymour or other?

What a great record. So much depth, intrigue, mystique. Aliens will be deciphering these lyrics millennia from now. The alternate covers and artwork are like the missing books of the Bible.

I have heard it all!!

That's what I thought when I heard it- I can die happy now. I've seen the light and my soul has been redeemed.

What lyrics are, these aliens, going to be deciphering then? ''Think I am going to call the IRS, think I'm going to call, the FBI, etc''? ''Sitting in a Chinese stew''? ''Oh Oh Oh Oh, Oh Oh Oh Oh''? Are you sure these aliens will not merely jettison Chinese Democracy into outer space and move on to something superior, e.g. Blonde on Blonde?

What a great record. So much depth, intrigue, mystique. Aliens will be deciphering these lyrics millennia from now. The alternate covers and artwork are like the missing books of the Bible.

I have heard it all!!

Awesome! I expect you'll be retiring from the forums in peace now? Or at the very least donating and coming to Attitude where there just may be a few things you haven't heard? Just a few though.

The missing booklet of Chinese Democracy equating, the Biblical apocrypha?

I'm sure almost every atheist on earth would agree with that statement.

I am not so sure. I think Chinese Democracy is as equally offensive upon atheistic ears, as it is on Christian or Muslim ears. Chinese Democracy is good like that: equally turgid to all.

Come on now, the lyrics of CD make much more sense. Even the skipping part of Scraped.
  • Like 1

TIL?

I have a zoo. My animals (wolves, parrots, dogs, cats) are my buddies. They need lots of love and attention.

Who says it had to be human?

Well I said muse but okay throw animals in there. Used to Love Her 2 - My Cat Died.

"What's the use to a confession to a crime. if the passions in my heart won't die" - get the Erin court case vibe. I mean they became like evil twins. anyone seen that Drew Barrymore movie Doppleganger?

I think Sasha would have probably played Erin of Seymour in the videos anyway. So that would have been confusing. Or like in a world where Axl was a chinese warlord with a wife and two mistress in accent china.

I have heard it all!!

That's what I thought when I heard it- I can die happy now. I've seen the light and my soul has been redeemed.

I think we've seen the struggle, now we wait for freedom.

I like the song, it is one of my favs on CD. But it is not as good as NR, and here is why;

When CD came out TIL was one of the songs I really wanted my friends to hear. I kept telling them it's like NR part 2. One of my friends in particular said to me "NR rocks out at the end which makes the whole song awesome, this one deosn't." Which he was right, it doesn't rock out. Yes Finck does a guitar solo, but so what? The song never reaches the highs of NR, it does reach the lows (as far as pain and sorrow and what not). That's the difference between the two songs imo. NR has all of the same emotion and feeling that TIL does, but it also has the bad ass outro that tells everyone hey "were still guns n' fucking roses." TIL lacks that in your face attitude, it lacks Axl rising above his own sorrow with a middle fingure saying "fuck you."

I still really like TIL, it will always be one of my favs from CD. But now I look at it more like zeppelin's All My Love and less like Stairway. While NR on the other hand IS gnr's Stairway.

I like the song, it is one of my favs on CD. But it is not as good as NR, and here is why;

When CD came out TIL was one of the songs I really wanted my friends to hear. I kept telling them it's like NR part 2. One of my friends in particular said to me "NR rocks out at the end which makes the whole song awesome, this one deosn't." Which he was right, it doesn't rock out. Yes Finck does a guitar solo, but so what? The song never reaches the highs of NR, it does reach the lows (as far as pain and sorrow and what not). That's the difference between the two songs imo. NR has all of the same emotion and feeling that TIL does, but it also has the bad ass outro that tells everyone hey "were still guns n' fucking roses." TIL lacks that in your face attitude, it lacks Axl rising above his own sorrow with a middle fingure saying "fuck you."

I still really like TIL, it will always be one of my favs from CD. But now I look at it more like zeppelin's All My Love and less like Stairway. While NR on the other hand IS gnr's Stairway.

But the funny thing is people criticise NR for being too long. Ultimately 2 different songs. NR is Elton meets Layla. TIL is Queen meets Phamtom of the Opera. It's kind of like Queen in the Twilight era. It's much more Axl. And according to Axl he didn't want to put it on CD, it's not a CD era song really. I almost see like the bridge between UYI and CD like how YCBM was from AFD to UYI. Would have made a great opener on CD to set up something like Chi dem or Shacklers to come crashing in.

I think SOD, TWAT and Catcher are more comparable to UYI era GNR. Chi Dem, Shacklers, Scraped some AFD elements.

TIL and Prositute are the most challenging to the GNR demographic.

Edited by wasted