Lifetime Passes - How much would you pay?

So today I bought a pair of "Lifetime Laminates" for Rob Zombie that'll get me into any Zombie show I go to forever. No backstage access or anything, but I still don't have to worry about buying a ticket or anything for any Zombie show I want to go to.

So it got me thinking obviously, if other bands did this, in this question, Gn'R, would you buy such a thing, and how much would you pay?

Say it gets you GA for every show with early entry if applicable, and they're limited to like 100 total, worldwide. How much would you pay for a pair of lifetime passes to any Gn'R show?

On mobile so I can't do a poll right now.

So he never sells out his shows to capacity, just in case any of the Lifetime Pass holders decide to show up?

It's an interesting idea, but it could go wrong in so many ways.

Does it guarantee a minimum number of shows in so many years?

Did it have a large terms of agreement section when you bought them?

Edit: Damn, a grand for the lifetime pass. I would really have to love the artist and they would have to tour extensively for me to get something like this.

Edited by Ricky_Rose

So he never sells out his shows to capacity, just in case any of the Lifetime Pass holders decide to show up?

Edit: Damn, a grand for the lifetime pass. I would really have to love the artist and they would have to tour extensively for me to get something like this.

Not sure about capacity stuff but the way they're intended to work is even if the show is sold out, you can get in.

No guarantee of shows, but if he does 50 shows in 3 years, you can go to all of them if you want.

Not sure about the terms of agreement.

And it was a grand for two passes. Obviously not for everyone, but worth it to me.

I've seen Guns 10 times since 2011 and have probably spent close to or over $2000 on just tickets, so a pass like this would have been very nice for someone like myself.

That's considering GN'R would have charged you $1000 like Rob Zombie, which I sincerely doubt.

Of course not, but you've got someone like myself who would have gone to a lot more Guns shows had it not been for money, so say I've got a pair of passes that I paid $3000-5000 for, and I'm going to a lot of shows, it eventually pays for itself.

Obviously if you don't intend on seeing someone numerous times, it's not for you, but a lot of us see Guns a number of times when they come around.

Not sure about capacity stuff but the way they're intended to work is even if the show is sold out, you can get in.

No guarantee of shows, but if he does 50 shows in 3 years, you can go to all of them if you want.

And it was a grand for two passes. Obviously not for everyone, but worth it to me.

If you can get your money's worth then it seems like a good deal.

i'd be willing to pay a grand for that if Slash did it.

Yeah, I would definitely pay $1000 for Slash. It's just a matter of who you think it's worth the money.

I think some Axl fans would definitely pay $1000 to see him forever.

I just feel you'd get more bang for your buck with Slash than with Axl, especially in regards to how often he changes his setlist (almost every night on the AL tour IIRC), and adds new songs/drops old ones, plays the random gem, etc.

But if CD/Jungle/Easy/Brownstone/estranged etc is your thing, by all means, go for it.

I've seen Guns 10 times since 2011 and have probably spent close to or over $2000 on just tickets, so a pass like this would have been very nice for someone like myself.

That's considering GN'R would have charged you $1000 like Rob Zombie, which I sincerely doubt.

Of course not, but you've got someone like myself who would have gone to a lot more Guns shows had it not been for money, so say I've got a pair of passes that I paid $3000-5000 for, and I'm going to a lot of shows, it eventually pays for itself.

Obviously if you don't intend on seeing someone numerous times, it's not for you, but a lot of us see Guns a number of times when they come around.

I didn't know it included a pair of passes, it's not that pricey. Axl should consider this, but does Zombie tour as much as Axl?

I didn't know it included a pair of passes, it's not that pricey. Axl should consider this, but does Zombie tour as much as Axl?

I just realized what I bought today was only for ONE pass. The original one they did a couple weeks ago was for a pair. So, not as good of a deal obviously, but it's still worth it to me. I've seen Zombie a number of times and would have seen him a lot more had it not been for money issues, so now I don't have to worry about it anymore at least.

That said, I would still easily pay more than $1000 for a Lifetime Gn'R Pass.

Really? I don't see anything saying it's two passes...the description even says "One lifetime laminate giving you one spot on Rob Zombie's guest list...". I don't think $1,000 is a bad price, but it'd be even easier to justify if it was for a pair.

Anyways, back on topic. Maiden actually briefly had something similar back in 2005 and 2006, though they were given out by the band to people who see tons of shows (i.e. you couldn't buy them), and they were good for the tour - not for a lifetime. I'd definitely be willing to drop a few grand on one of those for Maiden - I'm probably closing in on $10,000 spent on Maiden tickets alone :lol:

For GN'R I could justify $1,000 or maybe $1,500, but not much more. Let's throw Alice Cooper and Rush in the same category. Alice Cooper under the condition that it's still good for shows where he's the opening act (Since it's something he's doing more frequently nowadays).

I don't have a physical lifetime pass for Anthrax, but I'm on the guest list for any show I go to - I don't remember the last time I actually paid for tickets to an Anthrax show, probably 2011 or 2012.

Despite the fact that I've seen almost every show The Mighty Mighty Bosstones have played since I first saw them in 2012, I'm not sure if I'd pay for one of these from them - I've never paid more than $25 for a ticket to their gigs, and a handful of the shows have been free. It it was only a couple hundred dollars, I would probably go for it.

I thought this was going to be about getting passes to the next lifetime when the reunion might happen. If you could live in the next life would you come back as a GNR fan so you could listen to "holograms and drones" the new GNR album in 2050.

On topic, if I live in LA or something or Vegas where they play a lot I'd get a season ticket.