How many tracks on CD would you have to change for it to be a GNR album?

All of them. The album is terrible.

I would erase Axl cheesy crybaby bitter lyrics and weak vocals completely and let Buckethead, Finck and Brain do their magic. That way, as an instrumental, it would be more enjoyable, or enjoyable at all.

This. Maybe if Axl just used his name as a solo project, it would have been better.

Maybe Slash didn't want credit for Estranged? He didn't want to be involved in it. Just did it to get Axl out on tour. I doubt the song would exist without Axl.

But Nov Rain was considered for AFD. They actively said they didn't want to do it and Estranged. Slash probably just said fuck it. Probably didn't think they would be successful.

I think, if I remember correctly, Slash mentioned he was kinda insulted that Axl didn't give him proper credit for November Rain or Estranged cause he thought he came up with good enough shit for one or both of those songs. I agree with him. Even if Slash didn't want to work on these songs, he did, and he gave it his all, so Axl should have given him proper credit for both.

Maybe more Slash lies? at some point he may have said whatever. Maybe there was animosity about that track. Like Axl had to virtually force him to do it. If Slash crossed him he was probably being a prick. It's a question for Dexter.

All of them. The album is terrible.

I would erase Axl cheesy crybaby bitter lyrics and weak vocals completely and let Buckethead, Finck and Brain do their magic. That way, as an instrumental, it would be more enjoyable, or enjoyable at all.

This. Maybe if Axl just used his name as a solo project, it would have been better.
Why would that make it better music? I don't think you understand the definition of a solo record. Axl only wrote TIL on his own. Finck, Bucket, Freese, Tommy, Dizzy, Tobias all wrote the songs.

I can understand the crybaby idea. It's really ballad heavy. But if you know songs like SOD, TWAT, Sorry, Better, Prostitute they are like fuck you songs. TIL is definitely uncomfortable. Overall I don't think CD is much different from UYI. It's not quite as angry and it's little bit more emotional.

Maybe CD II will be more fiery and have more metal epics.

Edited by wasted

Maybe Slash didn't want credit for Estranged? He didn't want to be involved in it. Just did it to get Axl out on tour. I doubt the song would exist without Axl.

But Nov Rain was considered for AFD. They actively said they didn't want to do it and Estranged. Slash probably just said fuck it. Probably didn't think they would be successful.

I think, if I remember correctly, Slash mentioned he was kinda insulted that Axl didn't give him proper credit for November Rain or Estranged cause he thought he came up with good enough shit for one or both of those songs. I agree with him. Even if Slash didn't want to work on these songs, he did, and he gave it his all, so Axl should have given him proper credit for both.

Maybe more Slash lies? at some point he may have said whatever. Maybe there was animosity about that track. Like Axl had to virtually force him to do it. If Slash crossed him he was probably being a prick. It's a question for Dexter.

You...you don't believe a word Slash says, do you? :lol:

He's too ambiguous. I'm not saying he's lying. But 20 years later he's saying he was just being nice telling us a reunion was possible? At first SCOM was a gay song and was just one of his warm up exercises. Then it's him with Izzy and Duff writing it together in a room and Axl hears it.

I don't see how he doesn't have credit on Estranged. Unless guitar melodies aren't that huge. It doesn't make sense.

He's too ambiguous. I'm not saying he's lying. But 20 years later he's saying he was just being nice telling us a reunion was possible? At first SCOM was a gay song and was just one of his warm up exercises. Then it's him with Izzy and Duff writing it together in a room and Axl hears it.

I don't see how he doesn't have credit on Estranged. Unless guitar melodies aren't that huge. It doesn't make sense.

"thx fo teh killa melodies!" is not proper credit though is it? Axl talked the talk but didn't really walk the walk when it came to Estranged. In the makin' fuckin' videos doc he complimented Slash about it and it seemed genuine. I believed Axl. So...why not give him proper credit? I just don't get it.

If it was just an unimportant song, with an unimportant Slash riff and solo, then fine. But it wasn't. He made it 10 times better imo. The being nice about the reunion comment was horseshit though. And Marc said Slash didn't really hate SCOM. He also said Slash lies about small things, so according to Marc, Slash is not a liar.

I don't know what to believe. I think Axl is brutally honest. I think Slash is manipulative, and I think we need more then just the tip of this particular iceberg to really understand. We need both sides.

Edited by Rovim

Maybe the melodies weren't enough for a credit.

Maybe Slash didn't feel it was something he was that into, it's an Axl song. But really he deserves a credit but didn't push for it.

Maybe Axl wrote the original guitar melody and Slash worked off it throughout the song.

I mean Slash could have got that credit if he wanted it. I'd file it under Whatever.

He probably didn't care at the time then when asked about Axls song kind of fudged the truth to stay cool.

Maybe Slash didn't feel it was something he was that into, it's an Axl song. But really he deserves a credit but didn't push for it.

Maybe Axl wrote the original guitar melody and Slash worked off it throughout the song.

I mean Slash could have got that credit if he wanted it. I'd file it under Whatever.

He probably didn't care at the time then when asked about Axls song kind of fudged the truth to stay cool.

I just don't know. Whatever.

It don't really matter

It don't really matter
gonna party with Kenny Powers tonight