Doctor Who

Zint

Missy was awesome in the finale. Better than the Doctor and Jenna. I've only watched new Who, but I actually prefer Missy's Master over the other one.

The Master played by John Simmm went WAY off the rails, in my opinion.

Started out real strong, but then got pretty goofy. And I hated the way he was used in his last episode.

Missy is the most like the original Master, played by Roger Delgado back in the Third Doctor's time. Cunning, devious, bitter sense of humor...but always dignified and calculating. No over the top ranting some of the successive portrayals were.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1. Fourth

2. Second

3. First

4. Seventh

5. Third

big gap

6. the one from the movie

7. Fifth

8. Sixth

9. The modern ones up until now

This current Doctor is the first guy they've gotten since bringing back the series that I can buy into as the Doctor, haven't seen any episodes with him yet though.

Not really a fan of the modern show though, it's too slick or something- needs more rubber suit monsters and shit like that.

1. Fourth

2. Second

3. First

4. Seventh

5. Third

big gap

6. the one from the movie

7. Fifth

8. Sixth

9. The modern ones up until now

This current Doctor is the first guy they've gotten since bringing back the series that I can buy into as the Doctor, haven't seen any episodes with him yet though.

Not really a fan of the modern show though, it's too slick or something- needs more rubber suit monsters and shit like that.

What bollocks is, 'the one from the movie'. Peter bloody Cushing, a legend, an icon, a sublime actor. I am not even a Dr 'Oo fan yet I followed his career enough to know he was in the two films.

Cushing was the best Van Helsing and his Dr. Frankenstein was just evil. Love it.

Matt Smith was a fine Doctor, he actually made the Doctor more alien like, Eccleston and Tennant were too human. Capadi is brilliant, it is nice to actually have an old play the Doctor.

I never knew there was a '90s 'Oo film. I do agree with your ''rubber suit monsters'' quote. That is the thing with Dr Who prior to it been relaunched. It had this naff quality - a bit like Star Trek TOS. People liked it for its bargain basement FX and wobbly sets. It is similar how people enjoy b-movies. Now, it is slick and virtually on par with what comes out of America in regards to FX.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Utter shite? It is not chinese democracy. A few rubber aliens; a decent looking female sidekick; some ropey FX; what is there to dislike about the show? Granted I'm not a fan so I am sort of defending something which I do not like here (but I will leave it up to the Ooo fans to continue with my argument).

A few rubber aliens; a decent looking female sidekick; some ropey FX; what is there to dislike about the show?

Sounds exactly like those Star Wars movies you hate so much.

Oh wait, those aren't British. Carry on.

I've never seen a decent looking female sidekick in a Star Wars movie?

At least with the British stuff it knows it is sort of cack. There is a self depreciating quality to British entertainment. It has its heart in the right place.

A few rubber aliens; a decent looking female sidekick; some ropey FX; what is there to dislike about the show?

Sounds exactly like those Star Wars movies you hate so much.

Oh wait, those aren't British. Carry on.

I've never seen a decent looking female sidekick in a Star Wars movie?

At least with the British stuff it knows it is sort of cack. There is a self depreciating quality to British entertainment. It has its heart in the right place.

star-wars-wallpaper-natalie-portman.jpg

Ugly.

428051-776x479.jpg]

Disgusting.

You're right, I digress.

• Like 1