Best Hack N Slash games on Xbox 360?

wasted

The Dynasty Warriors series. It's the definition of button masher hack n slash. It's based on the historical novel, Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which is based on a really interesting time in China's history when the Han Dynasty collapsed and a whole bunch of warlords engaged in what is like a real life soap opera in their conflict to unite it under their own flag. Any of the last few games (Dynasty Warriors 5, 6, 7, they might be on 8 now..) will do.

I'll check those out.

Anyone played Viking: Battle for Asgard or Beowulf. I'm always looking for them when I go to the shop but can't find them.

Viking is an awesome game. Highly recommend it, it is slower in pace, but the fighting is excellent. Storyline is cool too.

Also recommend Golden Axe: Beast Rider (if you liked the old golden axe, this is basically the same sort of deal :) ) - got bad reviews, but I really liked it.

And as Dazey says above, Bayonetta is a must buy.

I think I have Bayonetta somewhere. Might have got confused with Ninja Blade though. My friend just gives me his old games by the dozens. But not many hack n slash type games. I just like brainless mayhem. Conquest is like that. Hopefully Games with Gold puts one up.

Watchman 1 & 2 was great I think that's available online.

I've tried Dark Souls for like 3 hours, epic game

I was in pain but addicted. I just found in an hour I got nowhere. But I restarted and got the right weapons. I need a bow to beat that dragon but I ran past him. Actually I ran away a lot. Dark souls is a calling.

I was in pain but addicted. I just found in an hour I got nowhere. But I restarted and got the right weapons. I need a bow to beat that dragon but I ran past him. Actually I ran away a lot. Dark souls is a calling.

Is there a dragon? Never got to that point :lol:

Is there a dragon? Never got to that point :lol:

after about 12 hours of dying there is a dragon if you use my tactic of running like fuck. But I realized dying doesn't matter as you already dead. You just have to find out how to navigate the obstacles. Run like fuck worked quite well. But you need a bow to kill that Dragon I think. So at level 6 I restarted and I was much better I got a decent sword. But yes not easy, for primo masochists. Saints Row the Third is for players.