U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

Wow, the band played October tonight (first time since 1989)

Fire, I Threw a Brick and With a Shout when?

I was listening as it happened and thought holy shit October!! Pretty cool stuff.

So dude that was selling tickets wasn't legit and didn't end up getting any others.

But...

I met Bono and Larry! Got Bono to sign the shirt I was wearing. Will post pictures later.

That's pretty wicked dude. Were you waiting to meeting them or just luck out and happen to run into them?

I saw where people were congregated waiting to see if any of the band would come out and walked by a number of times. Ended up walking by just as Bono was coming out. I was a few people back at first and snapped some pictures then walked over to the other side where I could be on the railing and patiently waited. He ended up making his way over to the side and down the line, smiling and carrying a marker, happily signing things. He took a picture with the woman right before me and when he got to me I calmly asked if he'd sign my shirt and he looked and smiled and said "Sure". He went about another 10-15 people down and then left.

Larry came out real quick when he got there and I was lucky enough to get on the rail in front. He wasn't doing signatures but stopped for a few pictures and shook just about everyone's hands that was on the railing, mine included, smiling, saying Hi, asking how we were doing, and thanking everyone. Very cool and nice.

Larry wasn't out for long, but he wasn't doing any signings. Bono was out for probably at least 15 minutes.

We saw Edge and Adam come in as well, but they didn't come out then. Don't think they came out later either.

So, even though I didn't make it to the show (turns out they released some GA tickets at the box office around 7:30, just when I got back to the hotel in NJ - ugh), I'm still happy I got to meet those two and get a signature from Bono. I've got 6 other shows after today I'm going to probably try for, and may bite the bullet and at least opt for seats for one if nothing else.

• Like 1

That's awesome Black Sabbath. I'm surprised Larry did even that haha. He's usually the grunp and gets in and out as quckly as possible. Edge and Adam are alright but yeah Bono seems to do this stuff all the time and has all the time in the world for the fans.... or at lest all the available time he has for the fans. Really cool stuff you got to expereince that.

I was over the weekend but couldn't get a ticket. I'm not anymore though and I live in PA. I could take the train from DC but not sure how much faster or cheaper it'd be. Will be happy if I make it to at least one though!

I hear ya! Well, at least you met Bono and Larry. That's pretty darn cool. And I would bet this tour will be back next year in markets it didn't hit just like 360.

I know, but I hate to do a 5 hour drive for a seated show. Ugh. Thinking my parents and I may get seats for the last show. We'll see.

Seriously dude nobody sits at U2. I've been to three shows this tour and the best one of the bunch I was in the stands at an assigned "seat". The three shows I had "seats" for not a single person was sitting in the entire section. I did GA and it was great but this tour the assigned seats are in my opinion better. You're robbing yourself if you're dismissing the shows because you don't want to "sit".

Edited by Bono

I know, but I hate to do a 5 hour drive for a seated show. Ugh. Thinking my parents and I may get seats for the last show. We'll see.

Seriously dude nobody sits at U2. I've been to three shows this tour and the best one of the bunch I was in the stands at an assigned "seat". The three shows I had "seats" for not a single person was sitting in the entire section. I did GA and it was great but this tour the assigned seats are in my opinion better. You're robbing yourself if you're dismissing the shows because you don't want to "sit".

Lol BS only likes GA

Two Hearts Beat As One is awesome!!

Lady Gaga meh. I mean she has talent but insists on dressing like a complete skank. Ummmm.... you're there to perform with U2 maybe put some clothes on whore. She shoud let her talent do the talking and stop with the freak show shit.

• Like 1