U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

I only took a few last night but they were good ones.

Sunday Bloody Sunday

11401147_10155757853635397_8977948049213

Sunday Bloody Sunday

11266668_10155757854665397_5869061424218

Where the Streets Have No Name........ I LOVE this picture. Probably my favourite concert picture I have ever taken.

10559679_10155756617685397_4945755860923

Edited by Bono

It's another great thing about Songs of Innocence, every song on it has great potential in a live setlist without being a dud against their old hit singles; This is Where You Can Reach Me Now would also be great

Maybe someday later in the tour, the entire first act will be all 13 tracks from Innocence, then act two is some staple concert tracks mixed with Songs of Experience material ;)

Now they just need to do Sleep Like A Baby Tonight and The Crystal Ballroom.

Bono promised they will get to Crystal Ballroom soon enough. Tonight was fucking unreal. By far the best show I have ever been to. Way better than last night. Vibe, energy, songs everything. I'll post more about the shows later on. I'm still on holidays so haha. Lucifer's Hands by the way sounding amazing but the crowd reactionw s next to zero haha. That's what they get I guess for playing an obscure track they've never played that was only released on the delux edition of the album. Strange choice really when they've all but ignored California and Volcano and then also Sleep Like a Baby, The Troubles, This is Where You Can Reach.... kinda weird. Aside from that yes all the other new songs stand up next to the old songs no problem. The Miracle is becoming an amazing opener. The crowd was on fire tonight for it.

Edited by Bono

Well, setlists are what they are and I have less and less hope for some Pop and Zooropa tunes. But on the other hand, at least the guys seem very proud of SOI, which is a very good album. This is a tour supporting SOI and not a GH tour and they have my respect for taking the risk of boring most of the audience with many unknown songs.

Bono and The Irish Lads are back after a week's vacation for 5 nights in Chicago (24th, 25th, 28th, 29th, 2nd)

Any setlist predictions for tonight? I'll guess that tonight will see the live debut of Crystal Ballroom, and my bold prediction will be Red Hill Mining Town somewhere in the second half ;)

Edited by Gackt

Just purchased the RS Special Edition on U2, that I guess was released because of the tour and album. In it they rank the 50 greatest U2 songs.

ONE IS NUMBER ONE!!

Seriously?

I actually love the song, but I swear I'm sick of it being considered the best song they ever wrote!! I would put, Streets, God's Country, End Of The World, The Fly, With A Shout, Gloria, Tomorrow, and a host of others above One. Am I the only fan who feels that way.

Just purchased the RS Special Edition on U2, that I guess was released because of the tour and album. In it they rank the 50 greatest U2 songs.

ONE IS NUMBER ONE!!

Seriously?

I actually love the song, but I swear I'm sick of it being considered the best song they ever wrote!! I would put, Streets, God's Country, End Of The World, The Fly, With A Shout, Gloria, Tomorrow, and a host of others above One. Am I the only fan who feels that way.

Rolling Stone always picks the safe answers in their polls to make the most people happy, or at least people that only recognize U2's biggest hits so they can feel like they listen to their #1 tracks

I'd rank Stay, Love is Blindness, Streets, A Sort of Homecoming and I Will Follow as a rough top five personally