U2 'Songs of Innocence' Album // iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour 2015 Discussion

Black Sabbath

Tonight's the night :) I'll try to post some sort of review tomorrow.

Noooo, not you as well Lio, say it ain't so :(

:lol: It's kind of a tradition. I went once in the 90s, once in the 00s and so I feel like I have to go now as well. It's always fun, even if my 15 year old self found Bono much cooler than I find him now, and even if I only know 'the hits'.

Sorry to disappoint you though, Lenny :(

Tonight's the night :) I'll try to post some sort of review tomorrow.

Noooo, not you as well Lio, say it ain't so :(

:lol: It's kind of a tradition. I went once in the 90s, once in the 00s and so I feel like I have to go now as well. It's always fun, even if my 15 year old self found Bono much cooler than I find him now, and even if I only know 'the hits'.

Sorry to disappoint you though, Lenny :(

Well thats some consolation, you only know the hits, that makes it a bit better and when factoring in your general coolness you could get a pass :lol: But seriously, have a word with yourself, you're better than this, i know you are!

So, Antwerp yesterday. First of all, I got in without having my ticket checked, by accident. I suddenly found myself inside and saw all these people having wristbands. I didn't have any, obviously, so I asked about it and they told me where to get it. Got it without showing my ticket.

Anyway, we stood at the e-stage. We had a sideways view of the huge screens, which was alright, and when they were on the e-stage, we were obviously quite closeby, so I liked where we were. I hadn't heard any of the new songs and wasn't overwhelmed by the opening of the show. In 2001 they opened with Elevation, and I really loved that, so I was a bit disappointed at the start as I didn't think this opener was as powerful.

The setlist was quite similar to what I've seen in this thread. We got Sweetest Thing, that's the only song I think wasn't on these last pages anyway. Other than that, I think the setlist was identical to the one in Torino. Which was fine by me.

I was a bit annoyed by Bono and all his messages. Maybe it's me, but I could've done without the 'Ireland needs truth and reconciliation, everywhere needs truth and reconciliation', 'refugees welcome', or 'with all the feelings in this room, I know there's not a problem in the world we can't solve'.

I was impressed with the setup, the stage and the screens. It looked great. I really liked that, so all in all, I had a fun night. If they're still around in ten years time, I'll go again :)

EDIT: setlist:

The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / I Can See For Miles (snippet)
Vertigo / God Save The Queen (Sex Pistols) (snippet)
I Will Follow
Iris (Hold Me Close)
Cedarwood Road
Song For Someone
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Raised By Wolves / Psalm 23 (snippet)
Until The End Of The World / Love And Peace Or Else (snippet) / Words (snippet)

(Intermission - The Fly)

Invisible
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways / Burning Down The House (snippet)
Elevation
Sweetest Thing
Every Breaking Wave
October
Bullet The Blue Sky / Ode To Joy (snippet)
Zooropa
Where The Streets Have No Name / California (There Is No End To Love) (snippet)
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
With Or Without You

Encore:

City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Mother And Child Reunion (snippet) / One / Invisible (snippet)

Edited by Lio

I sold my ticket for London because I've moved away in the meantime and, while I would have liked seeing them, I'm not into them enough to justify the airfare and hotel.

Ironically, I've been getting into them more since then. I listened to a few of their albums in full for the first time in years. The Joshua Tree is so beautiful! I also like parts of Rattle and Hum quite a bit. I can't really get into their other albums other than a few hits. It doesn't surprise me though that those two are the albums I like since I like americana.

Shame about the timing. I wish I could've seen them.

1. Next year is arenas Europe and US (said the show is made for arenas) - Stadiums in South America.

2. Most of the songs of the new album are mixed, they're hoping to release before Christmas!

http://u2start.com/topic/10527/264/12/#669402

:headbang:

It's pretty much been "known" that they will tour again next year so the next album(Songs of Experience) needs to come out at some point. Would be ridiculous for them to tour again next year with no new album. especially after saying when they release Songs of Innocence that SOE was right around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's how I spent Monday night in London. I always only record one song cause sht it's hard to sit there filming when you just wanna get into it. PLus you look like a knob watching the show through your camera. I do like the little wobbly camera effect I added.

Spent Tuesday night in London on the exact opposite end of the O2. Not a bad setlist tonight. We got Gloria, Party Girl, Bad and 40. Took this picture during Where the Streets Have No Name

12193406_10156280606975397_4250957715465

Edited by Bono
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/11/16/u2-planning-benefit-concert-paris-attacks-victims/

Bono, 55, and his band U2 are in discussions to put together a concert to help the families of the victims of the devastating Paris attacks, HollywoodLife.com can EXCLUSIVELY reveal. The frontman of the Irish rock band is hoping that he can assemble an all-star line-up for a tribute gig for those who tragically lost their lives.

“Bono, the Edge, Adam and Larry have discussed doing a concert to help the families of victims of the Paris attacks,” a source tells HollywoodLife.com. “They want to help in any way and would bring in their pals for a musical extravaganza benefitting all those affected.” Since the awful events of Nov. 13, that have killed at least 129 people and wounded more than 350 others, a number of celebrities have already lent their support. U2 were actually rehearsing at the AccorHotels Arena in Paris the night of the ISIS attacks, less than three miles away from the Bataclan concert hall.

Our source goes on to say that Bono, who regularly holidays in the South of France and owns a beachfront home in the village of Eze-Sur-Mer, is personally moved by the tragedy. “They’ve played in Paris so many times, and Bono has a real affinity with France. He was really emotionally affected by the events and will do anything he can to ensure the best musicians in the world would join the band for a one-off concert.” U2 is currently on a huge European tour and has been on the road for two months. They had to cancel their scheduled shows in Paris on Nov. 14 and Nov. 15 following the atrocities. However, Bono told CNN he wanted the show to go on. “We didn’t call it off,” Bono said. “It was canceled, honest, and I understand perfectly why… It’s up to the French authorities and the city to decide when we can go back.”

• Like 2

http://hollywoodlife.com/2015/11/16/u2-planning-benefit-concert-paris-attacks-victims/

Bono, 55, and his band U2 are in discussions to put together a concert to help the families of the victims of the devastating Paris attacks, HollywoodLife.com can EXCLUSIVELY reveal. The frontman of the Irish rock band is hoping that he can assemble an all-star line-up for a tribute gig for those who tragically lost their lives.

“Bono, the Edge, Adam and Larry have discussed doing a concert to help the families of victims of the Paris attacks,” a source tells HollywoodLife.com. “They want to help in any way and would bring in their pals for a musical extravaganza benefitting all those affected.” Since the awful events of Nov. 13, that have killed at least 129 people and wounded more than 350 others, a number of celebrities have already lent their support. U2 were actually rehearsing at the AccorHotels Arena in Paris the night of the ISIS attacks, less than three miles away from the Bataclan concert hall.

Our source goes on to say that Bono, who regularly holidays in the South of France and owns a beachfront home in the village of Eze-Sur-Mer, is personally moved by the tragedy. “They’ve played in Paris so many times, and Bono has a real affinity with France. He was really emotionally affected by the events and will do anything he can to ensure the best musicians in the world would join the band for a one-off concert.” U2 is currently on a huge European tour and has been on the road for two months. They had to cancel their scheduled shows in Paris on Nov. 14 and Nov. 15 following the atrocities. However, Bono told CNN he wanted the show to go on. “We didn’t call it off,” Bono said. “It was canceled, honest, and I understand perfectly why… It’s up to the French authorities and the city to decide when we can go back.”

No doubt there will be scumbags out there who think U2 is only doing this for publicity. I couldn't believe the level of stupidity when reading some comments about U2 and their shows being cancelled.

This is awesome. Pro Shot from Paris, France - November 11th 2015 Watch what Bono does at the end of One with/for the fan that jumped on stage.

Bullet the Blue Sky

Where the Streets Have No Name

One

Edited by Bono

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm a bit confused. Was the show that was supposed to be on HBO already recorded and they were airing that or was it to be live? And is the one they're going to air in like two weeks prerecorded or will it be live?

It was supposed to be a live show (with tape delay of course) in Paris, but because of the terrorist attack the show got delayed