Slash & Myles Covering Rocket Queen

Tom-Ass

Axl comes way closer than Myles ever will. Each and every time.

Not in this decade of this century. I'll give you 1991.
Every single second of every single minute of every single hour of every single day of every single week of every single month of every single year of every single decade of every single century of every single millenium of every single eon of every single whatever the fuck comes after that, Axl completely wipes the floor with Myles.
I feel so sorry for you.
You shouldn't. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.
Didn't expect any. You love being right so much that you don't even care to open your mind a little bit. It's laughable.
Open my mind to the whining shit vocals of Myles so I can appease some nerdy Slash fans on the internet? I'll pass. I'd rather go deaf. Thanks for the offer though, it is appreciated.

P.S. There is no right or wrong when it comes to opinions. I would never expect to change yours, and you're sure as hell not going to change mine.

Opinions can be changed. I originally thought anything Axl did after the original GNR broke up sucked, but I've been proven wrong about that. There's a lot more to enjoy if you open your mind a little.
There is nothing to open. I've tried listening to Myles more than enough times to know that I'm never going to change my mind about how bad he sucks. You honestly think I haven't? Just because I think Slash has been nothing but a huge letdown after leaving Guns doesn't mean that he's not still my favorite guitarist of all time. I honestly want to like his solo work, but when something offends me as much as Myles voice does I'm not going to change my opinion of it. He ruins Slash for me to the point that I can't even appreciate Slash if he does do something decent.

Fair enough. Have fun spreading your negativity around then!
What negativity? I'm positive that Axl is a better singer than Myles at any point in his career.

In 1 minute, you couldn't have listened to the video. There's a long intro before Axl starts singing.

Don't make it too obvious.

I heard it when it was new. That isn't even Axl's worst performance of the song but Axl's worst is still better than Myles. There is nothing to make obvious.

And why would I listen for more than a minute? I never denied that Axl could suck when he wanted to. Just sucks less than Myles.

In 1 minute, you couldn't have listened to the video. There's a long intro before Axl starts singing.

I heard it when it was new. That isn't even Axl's worst performance of the song but Axl's worst is still better than Myles. There is nothing to make obvious.

And why would I listen for more than a minute? I never denied that Axl could suck when he wanted to. Just sucks less than Myles.

I think it is Axl's worst performance of Rocket Queen, others have been slightly better. If you have one that is much worse, please share the link with me.

It's still hard for me to understand on what basis you can prefer an out of breath, out of sync, out of beat, out of tune, weak, lazy, phoned-in performance than Myles performance, who is not the best singer in the world when it comes to Gn'R songs but at least is trying his best.

Axl comes way closer than Myles ever will. Each and every time.

Not in this decade of this century. I'll give you 1991.
Every single second of every single minute of every single hour of every single day of every single week of every single month of every single year of every single decade of every single century of every single millenium of every single eon of every single whatever the fuck comes after that, Axl completely wipes the floor with Myles.
I feel so sorry for you.
You shouldn't. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever.
Didn't expect any. You love being right so much that you don't even care to open your mind a little bit. It's laughable.
Open my mind to the whining shit vocals of Myles so I can appease some nerdy Slash fans on the internet? I'll pass. I'd rather go deaf. Thanks for the offer though, it is appreciated.

P.S. There is no right or wrong when it comes to opinions. I would never expect to change yours, and you're sure as hell not going to change mine.

Opinions can be changed. I originally thought anything Axl did after the original GNR broke up sucked, but I've been proven wrong about that. There's a lot more to enjoy if you open your mind a little.

There is nothing to open. I've tried listening to Myles more than enough times to know that I'm never going to change my mind about how bad he sucks. You honestly think I haven't? Just because I think Slash has been nothing but a huge letdown after leaving Guns doesn't mean that he's not still my favorite guitarist of all time. I honestly want to like his solo work, but when something offends me as much as Myles voice does I'm not going to change my opinion of it. He ruins Slash for me to the point that I can't even appreciate Slash if he does do something decent.

Than why come to the thread? I think everyone that posts in the Slash section is well aware of your feelings about Myles.

I think it is Axl's worst performance of Rocket Queen, others have been slightly better. If you have one that is much worse, please share the link with me.

It's still hard for me to understand on what basis you can prefer an out of breath, out of sync, out of beat, out of tune, weak, lazy, phoned-in performance than Myles performance, who is not the best singer in the world when it comes to Gn'R songs but at least is trying his best.

I think Bridge School is worse but I'm not going to subnect anybody to the video.

I've explained multiple times that I find Myles voice to be nails on cchalkboard annoying and he is firmly entrenched in my list of bottom 5 singers that I have ever heard. Axl sucking and phoning it in sucks some serious ass but he can't grait on the nerves in my brain like Myles can no matter how hard he tries.

Myles can have an A for effort if you consider standing in one spot and fist pumping an effort. That's fine with me but all the effort in the world can't change how he sounds.

Jmapelian-

Same reason you go to Guns threads, to express my opinion. Duh. This isn't MySlashforum.com and you don't get your own little sanctuary. Deal with it.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I think Bridge School is worse but I'm not going to subnect anybody to the video.

I've explained multiple times that I find Myles voice to be nails on cchalkboard annoying and he is firmly entrenched in my list of bottom 5 singers that I have ever heard. Axl sucking and phoning it in sucks some serious ass but he can't grait on the nerves in my brain like Myles can no matter how hard he tries.

Myles can have an A for effort if you consider standing in one spot and fist pumping an effort. That's fine with me but all the effort in the world can't change how he sounds.

Did they play Rocket Queen at Bridge School? I haven't watched or listened to that turd since 2012.

Myles voice can be as annoying as you want, but objectively, a guy singing on key, is better than a guy who doesn't give a shit and sounds like utter shit because he wants to. Myles is trying, like you said, as hard as he can, and maybe no matter how hard he tries, you'll never enjoy his voice and I agree, his voice is annoying but he's being a professional by doing what he does - something that cannot be said of a man who used to be so good but now is completely awful and weak.

Edited by Nosaj Thing

Did they play Rocket Queen at Bridge School? I haven't watched or listened to that turd since 2012.

Myles voice can be as annoying as you want, but objectively, a guy singing on key, is better than a guy who doesn't give a shit and sounds like utter shit because he wants to. Myles is trying, like you said, as hard as he can, and maybe no matter how hard he tries, you'll never enjoy his voice and I agree, his voice is annoying but he's being a professional by doing what he does - something that cannot be said of a man who used to be so good but now is completely awful and weak.

Yes, Rocket Queen was played and yes, it sucks even more ass than the one you posted.

If we were debating work ethic, than I would agree that Myles wins hands down, but to me he sounds worse than Axl no matter how lazy Axl gets.

Jmapelian-

Same reason you go to Guns threads, to express my opinion. Duh. This isn't MySlashforum.com and you don't get your own little sanctuary. Deal with it.

I could care less how you spend your time. But for someone that hates Myles as much as you do, you sure spend a lot of time obsessing about his work with Slash and how much you dislike it. And even more time of your life letting everyone know it. That's pretty funny you calling other people Internet nerds.

Jmapelian-

I could care less how you spend your time. But for someone that hates Myles as much as you do, you sure spend a lot of time obsessing about his work with Slash and how much you dislike it. And even more time of your life letting everyone know it. That's pretty funny you calling other people Internet nerds.

I spend way less time talking about Myles than you do obsessing over what I'm doing and I'm not even famous. That's why I call you a nerd. The name fits, wear it.

Yes, Rocket Queen was played and yes, it sucks even more ass than the one you posted.

If we were debating work ethic, than I would agree that Myles wins hands down, but to me he sounds worse than Axl no matter how lazy Axl gets.

I just Google'd the setlists for Bridge School and they didn't play Rocket Queen. Honest question, are you stoned?

Yes, but it's not only about work ethic, it's about trying. Myles sounds like shit to you, alright, I get it, but he's trying and he's being a professional while Axl, doesn't try anymore and chooses to sound like shit. How can someone prefer that over the first is just understandable to me.

• Like 1

I just Google'd the setlists for Bridge School and they didn't play Rocket Queen. Honest question, are you stoned?

Yes, but it's not only about work ethic, it's about trying. Myles sounds like shit to you, alright, I get it, but he's trying and he's being a professional while Axl, doesn't try anymore and chooses to sound like shit. How can someone prefer that over the first is just understandable to me.

I must be. Take your pick of any of the disaster shows and it will be worse than yours.

I'm glad it's "just understandable" to you that I prefer something that sounds like shit(Axl) compared to something that sounds like absolute shit (Myles). It's not understandable to me at all how anyone could be delusional enough to prefer the other way around either, but we are on a Gn'R forum.

Myles sounds better than this terribly awful performance:

Warning: What you're about to see is the worst Rocket Queen performance I have heard in my entire life. You can't undone that.

I. (dying) HATE. (dying) TO. (dying) SEE YOU. :rofl-lol:

Never mind how bad Axl was, the band does terrible renditions of the song as well. Starting with the drummer.. They don't capture the vibe of the song at all..

Warning: What you're about to see is the worst Rocket Queen performance I have heard in my entire life. You can't undone that.

Never mind how bad Axl was, the band does terrible renditions of the song as well. Starting with the drummer.. They don't capture the vibe of the song at all..

I said it before, thats like a parody

That is truly rock bottom. And what the fuck was going on with the slide solo?!?

Edited by moreblack

My love for slash has and I'm not sure how to say this, but it really has gone down a notch or two since he started recording with Myles.....Myles to me is just so bland. However I would've loved to be at this concert because slash just rocks the fuck out of this version of RQ best I've heard him play it in a long while damn!

• Like 1

Nothing to do with Rocket Queen, but i cannot stand the way Brain/Frank play the intro to Brownstone. Completely suck the groove out of the song.

I can't really comment on Brain but someone posted some somewhat Brownstone video here rcently and I clicked on it. The drums were fucking terrible..

I won't even have to listen to it to know Myles sucks big time! I don't like the sound of Myles' voice on any songs especially on GNR songs.

You're missing out.... The video is worth it for Slash alone..