Slash & Myles Covering Rocket Queen

Tom-Ass

Slash sounds amazing, and he plays this riff with the fatness it deserves, and the tone on the solo was beautiful. Both of those are things new Guns often lack when they play it.

For the most part, Myles' vocals on Guns stuff is horrific, too high pitched and with just a bland flat tone to the high notes, and this performance of RQ is no exception. The vocals are just off and generic sounding, he flattens out the melody and leaches the soul from them. I've never heard Alter Bridge stuff, and he may be an awesome vocalist Guns tunes notwithstanding. To be fair, there aren't many who could really pull off RQ live in the correct pitch and tone throughout. Sort of a no win situation for Myles, nevertheless his vocals are painful to listen to.

Myles, without a doubt, would win over anyone, those reality shows like American Idol or The Voice. But in the rocknroll school, he's got all to lose. Myles Kennedy lacks ROCK N ROLL in his veins. He's a dull post. He lacks AZUCAR.

Axl may be fat, old, drunk, out of tune or lazy, but he's a rock icon, a legend, a REAL rocker. He came from the streets. He exuded rawness, anger, rage. That's what you need to sing GNR songs.

I will never ever like what Myles Kennedy does when he covers GNR because he's not a real rocker and I don't like 'softies'. He's an average singer who can hit really high notes. And that's all there is to him.

• Like 2

Myles, without a doubt, would win over anyone, those reality shows like American Idol or The Voice. But in the rocknroll school, he's got all to lose. Myles Kennedy lacks ROCK N ROLL in his veins. He's a dull post. He lacks AZUCAR.

Axl may be fat, old, drunk, out of tune or lazy, but he's a rock icon, a legend, a REAL rocker. He came from the streets. He exuded rawness, anger, rage. That's what you need to sing GNR songs.

I will never ever like what Myles Kennedy does when he covers GNR because he's not a real rocker and I don't like 'softies'. He's an average singer who can hit really high notes. And that's all there is to him.

That's a bit ruff you could say the same for bumble doesn't mean it's not in his veins

COVERING?? :blink:

You silly people crack me up :lol:

More like OWNING!!! :headbang:

"Covering"? I'd say more "owning".

Great performance, and I'd say its just as much a "cover" song as when Axl and NuGuns play it.

Ah fuck! I decide to read the thread after my comment only to see you owned my comment first haha!

• Like 1

He came from the streets.

This is something I often find perplexing not only when reading about rock n' roll but even more so with hip hop/rap, the notion that someone can only be valid because he or she came from "the streets". I'm assuming it basically means they come from poor/middle class families and wandered the streets, were part of mischief maybe even criminal behavior, hung out with gangs where they somehow had to 'prove' themselves (like Eminem in that dumb movie)?

Also wouldn't you say Axl's lifestyle nowadays could not be further removed from "the streets"? Where he's at he can't even see the streets anymore (!). Which makes me laugh while watching those shows like Revolver Golden Gods where so called rock gods with street cred walk the red carpet, congratulating themselves on keeping their marriages together and how they went to rehab for the umpteenth time.

Edited by Bumblefeet

Best performance of that song played in over two decades

Almost every performance of 2010 is way better than that

example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8sMZQRrWYg

Gotta give credit when credit is due.. Axl shockingly sounded good in that one.. The band stayed somewhat true to the original for once.

As far as the bands go, i'd take the Conspirators since they actually sound like Guns and Slash's solos are incredible.. Axl should just crash one of Slash's shows one day and jump on stage for a song...

Yeah, #YellowRaincoatInHand

What a waste of a click. You should put a disclaimer that true suck lies in wait.

You try way to hard to be a Zealot
It's effortless. Hell, had the original title reflected what was in the thread I wouldn't have even bothered to open it and post.

You, on the other hand, with your usual bland walls of text; put far more effort into it than I do.

Myles will never do this

Stop with the Axl video's from 23 years ago and comparing them with Myles. This guy ain't ever coming back and the 2104 version doesn't hold a candle to him. People keep referring to the Axl of (fill in the year).

The only Axl to compare to is the 2014 version. This version is usually out of breath, can't hold and sustain notes, and his band is poor imitiation of a once great band.

• Like 1

That's a bit ruff you could say the same for bumble doesn't mean it's not in his veins

People who don't use punctuation can never make a point.

• Like 1

He came from the streets.

This is something I often find perplexing not only when reading about rock n' roll but even more so with hip hop/rap, the notion that someone can only be valid because he or she came from "the streets". I'm assuming it basically means they come from poor/middle class families and wandered the streets, were part of mischief maybe even criminal behavior, hung out with gangs where they somehow had to 'prove' themselves (like Eminem in that dumb movie)?

Also wouldn't you say Axl's lifestyle nowadays could not be further removed from "the streets"? Where he's at he can't even see the streets anymore (!). Which makes me laugh while watching those shows like Revolver Golden Gods where so called rock gods with street cred walk the red carpet, congratulating themselves on keeping their marriages together and how they went to rehab for the umpteenth time.

I'm not saying he's valid only because of that... what I'm saying is that this kind of experience was the fuel for his fire. That's his case. There are many other things in life that can fill you with rage, not only poverty or criminal behavior. Myles Kennedy lacks passion, rage, rock n' roll.

Yeah, Axl's lifestyle nowadays is far from poverty and probably that is also the reason why he's taking so long to make music. Maybe he's too isolated now, hangs out with the nanny instead of hanging out with the toughies. However, and with this new reality of his, he will never stop being a tortured soul and he can always use emotive memory to sing those lyrics as if it was yesterday.