Bands with the most line--up changes - GNR #6

GNR goes to 24 members if you count Tracy and Roberta.

Menudo and The Temptations are vocal groups. They had plenty of other bands with revolving doors to pick from.

Steely Dan had a ton of band members.

Yeah the Drifters are a fine example of a band with a revolving door of members, and there are (or were) two groups who sued each other over who has the right to use the name

From wikipedia:

There have been 60 vocalists in the history of the Treadwell Drifters line, including several splinter groups by former Drifters members (not under Treadwell's management).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Drifters

How the heck did AC/DC have so many guys? Is it a bunch of randoms from before they were big?

Mostly bass players and drummers it would appear. I was surprised to read about this as well.

What about artists who work with session players on tour? This notion of counting someone amongst a lineup because they've toured a couple of months with a band, I don't know.

I'm sure GnR holds the record for most people to have worked on one album? :lol:

How the heck did AC/DC have so many guys? Is it a bunch of randoms from before they were big?

Mostly bass players and drummers it would appear. I was surprised to read about this as well.

What about artists who work with session players on tour? This notion of counting someone amongst a lineup because they've toured a couple of months with a band, I don't know.

I'm sure GnR holds the record for most people to have worked on one album? :lol:

Steely Dan and GNR probably tie.

Starship had solid turn over but they started as Jefferson's Airplane some useless hippy band in the 60s. Starship actually wrote good songs and didn't suck.

Post of the day. Unless you're actually serious, in which case it's post of the year.

Seriously, you rate the band who put out 'We Built This City' over the one that put out 'White Rabbit', 'Somebody to Love', 'Today', 'Comin' Back To Me' etc.? Who are you, Homer Simpson?

Alice Cooper: 1 million members.

Not really. Post Muscle Of Love Alice is a solo act with a backing band. If you're going to count that, you may as well count every musician whose played with Bob Dylan or Cher over the years.

Alice Cooper: 1 million members.

Not really. Post Muscle Of Love Alice is a solo act with a backing band. If you're going to count that, you may as well count every musician whose played with Bob Dylan or Cher over the years.

Also, not really because that wouldn't amount to 1 million members.