Slash Says VR Will Someday Find New Singer, Couldn't Suffer Through Weiland

STPFAN

That's kind of what I said. Izzy dropped off his songs, Slash played on them, Axl sometimes wrote some lyrics but they didnt really work on them together. The stuff that is good is pretty good but it's mainly Axl stuff in terms of mass appeal. YCBM seems like a team effort then they all went solo with a little help from their friends. Outside of Axls trilogy they had to rely on covers for mass appeal.

You put Axl and Slash together you basically get Don't Damn Me, Garden of Eden, Coma? Great stuff but not really hits. So I don't think it's the answer people hope it is.

That's kind of what I said. Izzy dropped off his songs, Slash played on them, Axl sometimes wrote some lyrics but they didnt really work on them together. The stuff that is good is pretty good but it's mainly Axl stuff in terms of mass appeal. YCBM seems like a team effort then they all went solo with a little help from their friends. Outside of Axls trilogy they had to rely on covers for mass appeal.

You put Axl and Slash together you basically get Don't Damn Me, Garden of Eden, Coma? Great stuff but not really hits. So I don't think it's the answer people hope it is.

Isn't it totally indifferent if a song is a hit. The question should be: "Do I like it, or not?".

Most people on this board likes Estranged best. A song that's pretty much unknown by the general public. Does it effect it's greatness? I Don't think so.

I'd prefer 14 Years and Civil War over any other song on UYI II and I don't care if they are hits or not. A song doesn't have to be mainstream to be awesome.

Yeah, he's not doing it for the money. Get the fuck outta here with that shit.All bands at that level are VERY conscious of the money.Velvet Revolver would have been called Guns N' Roses if they could have.Don't fool yourselves.

If it was really about the money they'd all suck each others balls with a big fucking smile and do a reunion stadium tour instead of playing weddings and bowling alleys. I saw VR in a bar one night that held about 500 people. How much did Guns make from that "UCAP" (aka we're not big enough in the states to even play small arenas now) tour? Slash is content being an opening act for Aerosmith.

(Aka I'm not big enough in the states to fill these venues on my own).

How the fuck is 'Axl and Slash both take gigs that they are likely to fill out and make a profit on' an argument for them not being in it for the money?

One reunion show would most likely rake in more money for all of them than all the little shit shows they would do in a year or more.

Yeah it would. They won't do it because they hate each other. That doesn't mean they dont do what they currently do for the money or for artistic motives. It just means that, clearly for Axl at least - and Slash likes running his mouth too and has never said 'yeah, if Axl agreed I'd do a reunion tour' - the one thing more important than vast wads of cash to them is not having to work together.

Isn't it totally indifferent if a song is a hit. The question should be: "Do I like it, or not?".

Most people on this board likes Estranged best. A song that's pretty much unknown by the general public. Does it effect it's greatness? I Don't think so.

I'd prefer 14 Years and Civil War over any other song on UYI II and I don't care if they are hits or not. A song doesn't have to be mainstream to be awesome.

For an Axl/Slash reunion to be considered a success, any new songs would have to get a shit ton of airplay and people would have to buy the album. They'd need at least a couple of legitimate hits. The whole thing would be trading off the mainstream image of GNR - the people who know the singer's Axl, the guitarist is Slash, Sweet Child, Jungle, November Rain and not much else. This is who they'd have to pander to.

But it is a been there, done that situation for them. In his book Duff talks about the nightmare it was to find a singer. They followed that same path of an open tryout of singers known and unknown. Even MTV was invloved saying in their website that Slash and Duff were looking for a singer. Duff said they got tons of demos. And they were all really crap.

Yeah, he's not doing it for the money. Get the fuck outta here with that shit.All bands at that level are VERY conscious of the money.Velvet Revolver would have been called Guns N' Roses if they could have.Don't fool yourselves.

If it was really about the money they'd all suck each others balls with a big fucking smile and do a reunion stadium tour instead of playing weddings and bowling alleys. I saw VR in a bar one night that held about 500 people. How much did Guns make from that "UCAP" (aka we're not big enough in the states to even play small arenas now) tour? Slash is content being an opening act for Aerosmith.

How the fuck is 'Axl and Slash both take gigs that they are likely to fill out and make a profit on' an argument for them not being in it for the money?

One reunion show would most likely rake in more money for all of them than all the little shit shows they would do in a year or more.

Yeah it would. They won't do it because they hate each other. That doesn't mean they dont do what they currently do for the money or for artistic motives. It just means that, clearly for Axl at least - and Slash likes running his mouth too and has never said 'yeah, if Axl agreed I'd do a reunion tour' - the one thing more important than vast wads of cash to them is not having to work together.

For an Axl/Slash reunion to be considered a success, any new songs would have to get a shit ton of airplay and people would have to buy the album. They'd need at least a couple of legitimate hits. The whole thing would be trading off the mainstream image of GNR - the people who know the singer's Axl, the guitarist is Slash, Sweet Child, Jungle, November Rain and not much else. This is who they'd have to pander to.
True, We like the UYI stuff but it doesn't have the appeal to the mainstream as AFD.

So I think with a reunion you can't have Izzy writing songs about the band being such a pain in the ass. Or Slash thrashing away like a madman. That was all cool as a response to success but They'd need a Jungle or a big rocker and an album of tunes people can easily enjoy like AFD.

True, We like the UYI stuff but it doesn't have the appeal to the mainstream as AFD.

So I think with a reunion you can't have Izzy writing songs about the band being such a pain in the ass. Or Slash thrashing away like a madman. That was all cool as a response to success but They'd need a Jungle or a big rocker and an album of tunes people can easily enjoy like AFD.

And who's to say it will be just like dem good 'ol days? who says it's gonna automatically be overdriven to AFD levels? maybe, but idk.

AFD was written when they were hungry to make it, they lived together, worked on all of the songs together. It won't be like that imo. It only happened once anyway. It didn't happen with UYI. It will be cool to see and hear them together, sure...but after a short while it will just be sad. Maybe 14 years ago or something.

And who's to say it will be just like dem good 'ol days? who says it's gonna automatically be overdriven to AFD levels? maybe, but idk.

AFD was written when they were hungry to make it, they lived together, worked on all of the songs together. It won't be like that imo. It only happened once anyway. It didn't happen with UYI. It will be cool to see and hear them together, sure...but after a short while it will just be sad. Maybe 14 years ago or something.

Well I'm am arguing against it Charlie help me. It's just when people preach it like Axl plus Slash equals glory and they should sell their balls for it, I just think hold on balls are vital.

Basically we'd all settle for UYI off cuts as long as its Slash but the media industry as much as they want a reunion, they also love a good barbq. I'll probably be there too. You blocked CD II for this World of Butthurt b side?

They aren't going to do another Jungle, SCOM or PC. They aren't going to be at the VMAs waving their dicks at Mylie Cyrus fans. That alone means it failed.

Well I'm am arguing against it Charlie help me. It's just when people preach it like Axl plus Slash equals glory and they should sell their balls for it, I just think hold on balls are vital.

Basically we'd all settle for UYI off cuts as long as its Slash but the media industry as much as they want a reunion, they also love a good barbq. I'll probably be there too. You blocked CD II for this World of Butthurt b side?

They aren't going to do another Jungle, SCOM or PC. They aren't going to be at the VMAs waving their dicks at Mylie Cyrus fans. That alone means it failed.

I'm just worried they won't find a suitable title for the Gn'R comeback reunion album. What if they'll let Slash call it Apocalyptic Overdrive? Myles can come up with pretty awesome psuedo generic titles though. Myles can do one, then Axl can do one. Like a call and response thing where every song is about someone in the band and even Gilby can finally call Paul out cause he took his damn job. What about dignity?