Slash Says VR Will Someday Find New Singer, Couldn't Suffer Through Weiland

STPFAN

wait a minute, let me see if i get this straight. Slash, one of the most recognizable rock n roll guitarists of this generation ( if not the MOST ) has been looking for 6 years to find a replacement for Scott??? Can someone explain this to me?

What about if Axl is the new singer?

mind_blown.gif

wait a minute, let me see if i get this straight. Slash, one of the most recognizable rock n roll guitarists of this generation ( if not the MOST ) has been looking for 6 years to find a replacement for Scott??? Can someone explain this to me?

What about if Axl is the new singer?

mind_blown.gif

It's obvious Slash doesn't give a shit about VR anymore.

If you think you can just hang around til someone like Axl comes along then you are sorely mistaken, just as if Axl thinks he can just go under the radar and find some fuckin' guitar prodigy (who 9 times out of 10, in the strictest of senses, will probably be better than Slash) who can replace Slash then he's sorely mistaken too, as Bucket and Bumble have shown, brilliant though they are it is not Guns n Roses. Now i don't mean to be dictatorial but end of the day we all know where the good music came from and we all know that Chi Dem, though i would comfortably give it 3 and a half stars, 4 on a generous day but end of the day it don't cut it.

The fact is when you're lucky enough to find yourself, through some cosmic fuckin' accident, thrown into the same room as the other half of your musical atom then you need to cling to that shit and do anything and make sacrifices to keep the shit together, no matter what...I don't give a shit, lineup changes fuck up the balance 9 times out of 10, whether it's The Clash or The Who or The Stones, there IS a difference, you can't just go out and pretend like your someone else and stand in a mans shoes like that, what makes those glorious sounds is more special than that. When you hit a point in your craft where your thing is just the absolute dogs bollocks as Appetite was then STOP RIGHT THERE! Thats it, freeze! You got it. Now do it again :lol: And again and again. And i don't mean make the same music I mean go for the gusto with this good thing you got going.

Slash ain't gonna find shit and neither is Axl cuz there ain't shit to look for, we know what it was, they know what it was (as evidenced by the fact that they're like two hoes in a fuckin' divorce the way they act, writing songs about your fuckin' guitar player? C'mon..) and the listening world, who by the way tuned out since so long ago that people didn't used to hide their kids from Tom Cruise back then, know too.

Quite frankly when you're in a band as big as Guns n Roses...and you fuck it up you're like walking wounded the rest of your life, thats as good as it's gonna fuckin' get for you...and thats to the credit of the potential GnR had. For all you're gonna get done in terms of topping that or doing achievements worthy of putting alongside it, you're fucked basically.

Axl Rose is gonna hear for the REST of his living days that he was never as good as he was with Slash and Slash is gonna get the same, honestly if i was facing that I'd just reconcile with the bastard just to get it over with and make it so I could ignore the bastard properly, thats if I absolutely hated him. If I was either of them that would do my fuckin' head in.

Shit, get three guitarists...and Slash can dig up every last marlboro-throated ballad bitch this side of Dan McCafferty and it wont make a lick of fuckin' difference :lol:

Yeah no shit. Axl with Slash was Axl with Slash. No unwipped as with half a brain believes otherwise.

• Like 1

Sure, I'll help you out.

VR was an actual band, where all members had a say in the process. It's not just one guy hiring some session employee who becomes part of the group whether everyone else likes it or not. You think it took 20 minutes to find Scott? It took a few years before it finally all came together. There's no rush to find the right guy. They need a good singer. What they don't need is an addict or a diva. That pretty much eliminates most of the available options. These guys do it for the love of music, and if they can't do it in VR they'll do it on their own until the time is right again. If it ever is.

• Like 1

If you think you can just hang around til someone like Axl comes along then you are sorely mistaken, just as if Axl thinks he can just go under the radar and find some fuckin' guitar prodigy (who 9 times out of 10, in the strictest of senses, will probably be better than Slash) who can replace Slash then he's sorely mistaken too, as Bucket and Bumble have shown, brilliant though they are it is not Guns n Roses. Now i don't mean to be dictatorial but end of the day we all know where the good music came from and we all know that Chi Dem, though i would comfortably give it 3 and a half stars, 4 on a generous day but end of the day it don't cut it.

The fact is when you're lucky enough to find yourself, through some cosmic fuckin' accident, thrown into the same room as the other half of your musical atom then you need to cling to that shit and do anything and make sacrifices to keep the shit together, no matter what...I don't give a shit, lineup changes fuck up the balance 9 times out of 10, whether it's The Clash or The Who or The Stones, there IS a difference, you can't just go out and pretend like your someone else and stand in a mans shoes like that, what makes those glorious sounds is more special than that. When you hit a point in your craft where your thing is just the absolute dogs bollocks as Appetite was then STOP RIGHT THERE! Thats it, freeze! You got it. Now do it again :lol: And again and again. And i don't mean make the same music I mean go for the gusto with this good thing you got going.

Slash ain't gonna find shit and neither is Axl cuz there ain't shit to look for, we know what it was, they know what it was (as evidenced by the fact that they're like two hoes in a fuckin' divorce the way they act, writing songs about your fuckin' guitar player? C'mon..) and the listening world, who by the way tuned out since so long ago that people didn't used to hide their kids from Tom Cruise back then, know too.

Quite frankly when you're in a band as big as Guns n Roses...and you fuck it up you're like walking wounded the rest of your life, thats as good as it's gonna fuckin' get for you...and thats to the credit of the potential GnR had. For all you're gonna get done in terms of topping that or doing achievements worthy of putting alongside it, you're fucked basically.

Axl Rose is gonna hear for the REST of his living days that he was never as good as he was with Slash and Slash is gonna get the same, honestly if i was facing that I'd just reconcile with the bastard just to get it over with and make it so I could ignore the bastard properly, thats if I absolutely hated him. If I was either of them that would do my fuckin' head in.

Shit, get three guitarists...and Slash can dig up every last marlboro-throated ballad bitch this side of Dan McCafferty and it wont make a lick of fuckin' difference :lol:

Great post, "gunner". :lol:

• Like 1

Shit, get three guitarists...and Slash can dig up every last marlboro-throated ballad bitch this side of Dan McCafferty and it wont make a lick of fuckin' difference

Exactly... well said! Great post! totally agree .. Axl could whip out 10 albums and he still is going to get asked about the "real" Guns and Roses.

L.A. if full of talent.. right down the road from Sunset strip is a school that churns out wanna be prodigys every year.. MIT where Buckethead went. If you have to try then your trying to hard at this level... if the chemistry isnt in the mix.. the X factor that differentiates a good band from a great band. GNR now is full of talented people who evidently have zero motivation or ambition to push the envelope.

VR is a testament to how power hungry Slash is, the same way GNR is a testament to how power hungry Axl is.

Two power hungry millionaires will not get along.

But VR doesn't have the pedigree GNR has so Slash isn't under any pressure to get the band rolling again. He can keep searching, but nothing will come of VR before a GNR reunion takes place.

VR is a testament to how power hungry Slash is, the same way GNR is a testament to how power hungry Axl is.

But VR doesn't have the pedigree GNR has so Slash isn't under any pressure to get the band rolling again. He can keep searching, but nothing will come of VR before a GNR reunion takes place.

Power hungry so fuckin' what? it's good to be greedy of you can actully create something of value with that drive. The afd line up was super power hungry. the probalem is that you only care about money and you're willing to make compromises in order yo cheieve that celebrity, money status.

when VR came out it made a big enough splash to be noticed. Axl was diddling with his new GNR and had gone.. once again into prolonged haitus.

VR came along WHEN GNR should have and it filled the void. People were meh about what they had heard from nuGNR and VR held enough promise to fill the void left 10 years ealier when real GNR went into the funk.

Working with a singer that has LSD is hell.. thats "lead singer disease", Who wants to work with a prima donna.. who may or may not cooperate, may or may not contribute and who may or may not dominate and control?

I think not only Slash but the rest of the band , especially Duff had had enough of singers who didnt rise to the occasion or created to much drama and trauma. So your right .. i think the singing position of VR will be filled with someone capable of being a yes man.

when VR came out it made a big enough splash to be noticed. Axl was diddling with his new GNR and had gone.. once again into prolonged haitus.

VR came along WHEN GNR should have and it filled the void. People were meh about what they had heard from nuGNR and VR held enough promise to fill the void left 10 years ealier when real GNR went into the funk.

Working with a singer that has LSD is hell.. thats "lead singer disease", Who wants to work with a prima donna.. who may or may not cooperate, may or may not contribute and who may or may not dominate and control?

I think not only Slash but the rest of the band , especially Duff had had enough of singers who didnt rise to the occasion or created to much drama and trauma. So your right .. i think the singing position of VR will be filled with someone capable of being a yes man.

You're here since 2002, maybe even more and you still talk outta your ass. wHAT? you really think it's all Axl ego? it mostly is, but it's also about creating the music he wanted to create. It's high expectations cause he really thought he could change Slash cause Ax;'s vision was all that. It's standard msuciain sickness. It's not like Axl did something orginaial here: he wanted to make everyone else believe in whaever the fuck he believe is musically. That quality/outcome is not even relvevant. Axl though that after afd "it worked" now they will do as I say cause I'm the leader! nope. people want what they want and slash was interested in same shit he always was.

Edited by Rovim

I like how you added "fuckin' and "ain't" to your post. It made me take you seriously.

Yeah, he's not doing it for the money. Get the fuck outta here with that shit.

All bands at that level are VERY conscious of the money.

Velvet Revolver would have been called Guns N' Roses if they could have.

Don't fool yourselves.

If it was really about the money they'd all suck each others balls with a big fucking smile and do a reunion stadium tour instead of playing weddings and bowling alleys. I saw VR in a bar one night that held about 500 people. How much did Guns make from that "UCAP" (aka we're not big enough in the states to even play small arenas now) tour? Slash is content being an opening act for Aerosmith. Axl is content being the next Wayne Newton in Vegas. No, it's not ALL about the money.

Power hungry so fuckin' what? it's good to be greedy of you can actully create something of value with that drive. The afd line up was super power hungry. the probalem is that you only care about money and you're willing to make compromises in order yo cheieve that celebrity, money status.

Not saying it's a good or bad thing to be power hungry, but I think when your broke and power hungry you find ways to be great. When your rich and power hungry then you just find ways to be an asshole.

So along some lines I agree with you, but for people to point at Axl as the only one driven for complete power is ridiculous. Slash had many of the same qualities when it came to seizing control.

And as someone said about working with Scott being a nightmare...imagine working with Slash or Axl in the 90's. Axl would show up when he wanted to and wanted a lot of things done his way, while Slash was so messed up on drugs you would be lucky to carry on a conversation with him. Axl and Slash would be two difficult people to work with back then, but now Slash is cleaned up, and Axl is calmer, on time, and according to Duff he's changed a lot. I think the two would get along much better now then they use to.